Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Brilliant digs from Eda on Boskovic’s attacks over Tomkom. She covered exactly the right space behind Nootsara’s block.

• Fenerbahce reception is just tragic. This was obviously going to happen from before the season started, I have no idea why they didn't transfer a good receiving OH.

• Fenerbahce reception is just tragic. This was obviously going to happen from before the season started, I have no idea why they didn't transfer a good receiving OH.

No good players left. Ecz vitra pays more money to some old fenerbache players obviously. Money decides lots of things. Ecz vitra invests a lot on local player this season. :lol:

• I can actually see a lot of potential in Damla. I know her attack and reception may not be the best but her defense is very good! I can imagine her being in VakifBank and taking Gözdes role. Of course, she needs a lot of to improve and she needs a coach like Guidetti to improve on a maximum level. Remember: Gözde was also not the best when she came to Vakif, the reason why Gözde is today Gözde is Guidetti, he made an amazing player out of her and this just couple a years ago (after London Olympics I would say).
    Vakif will not find a ready local OH who can take Gözdes role after this season, they have to ''form'' one and in my opinion, one great candidate could be Damla. She could be a really good all-around player under Guidetti.

• I can actually see a lot of potential in Damla. I know her attack and reception may not be the best but her defense is very good! I can imagine her being in VakifBank and taking Gözdes role. Of course, she needs a lot of to improve and she needs a coach like Guidetti to improve on a maximum level. Remember: Gözde was also not the best when she came to Vakif, the reason why Gözde is today Gözde is Guidetti, he made an amazing player out of her and this just couple a years ago (after London Olympics I would say).
    Vakif will not find a ready local OH who can take Gözdes role after this season, they have to ''form'' one and in my opinion, one great candidate could be Damla. She could be a really good all-around player under Guidetti.

I agree on Gozde, although I think her rise was a bit earlier around 2010-2011..

• i was able to watch the fourth set of Vitra-Fener match
    it was a serve show by Vitra...Fener's passing was so vulnerable with two people-passing system..if they can solve passing problem yet they are not bad at all in the absence of the missing players

Fener needs a local player like Güldeniz..or Meliha or Birgül from Nilüfer

i agree on Gözde.
    normally good players show themselves earlier at their careers (Neslihan,Boşkoviç,Zhu etc..) but Gözde has become a very good player later.she wasnt that good at the beggining of her career

• VVSL Results of Week 19 :

Galatasaray - Halkbank : 3-0
    stats
    Çanakkale - Vakıfbank : 1-3
    stats
    youtube
    Ilbank - Seramiksan : 0-3
    stats
    Eczacıbaşı Vitra - Fenerbahçe : 3-1
    stats
    yotube
    Nilüfer B - Bursa BB : 0-3
    stats
    Beşiktaş - K Beylikdüzü VI : 2-3
    stats

Standings :
    1.Eczacıbaşı Vitra 18-1 (54,7 points)
    2.Vakıfbank 17-2 (51,4)
    3.Fenerbahçe 15-4 (43,8 )
    4.Galatasaray 14-5 (41 )
    5.Bursa BB. 10-9 (36,2)
    6.Halkbank 8-11 (26,6)
    7.Nilüfer B. 7-12 (22,4)
    8.Seramiksan 7-12 (22,3)
    9.Beşiktaş 6-13 (22,1)
    10.K.Beylikdüzü 7-12 (21)
    11.Çanakkale 5-14 (14,6)
    12.Ilbank 0-19 (3,3

I disagree. I don't know why people think all short OHs are good defensive/receiver players :aww: Damla herself is a good example for this. She is already quite overachieved considering her limited skills (most likely reason is that she has played with 1994-95 generation although she was born in 1993, another B. Castillo case apparently) Damla's a big reliability at reception since she was playing in junior NT and it is unbelievable to compare her with Gözde right now. I agree that Gözde improved a lot under the guidance of Guidetti (pretty much any player who worked with Gui, improved drastically), especially at attacking and blocking. However Gözde has always been very good receiver and defender at even very early age, which is something Damla isn't. Ezgi Dağdelenler has bigger potential than Damla but she has always played in weak teams so this is her first season to prove herself in a big club. Pity that she got injured.

Guidetti is giving many chances to Tuğba Şenoğlu and she is using it well so far. Thus, I expect she will be the starter OH in Vakıfbank next year

• There are many (young) local OH's I'm excited about I can't say Damla is one of them either. However one thing I have to say is she would be a great leader imo. And hey you never know with some players and how/when they rise.

• I disagree. I don't know why people think all short OHs are good defensive/receiver players :aww: Damla herself is a good example for this. She is already quite overachieved considering her limited skills (most likely reason is that she has played with 1994-95 generation although she was born in 1993, another B. Castillo case apparently) Damla's a big reliability at reception since she was playing in junior NT and it is unbelievable to compare her with Gözde right now. I agree that Gözde improved a lot under the guidance of Guidetti (pretty much any player who worked with Gui, improved drastically), especially at attacking and blocking. However Gözde has always been very good receiver and defender at even very early age, which is something Damla isn't. Ezgi Dağdelenler has bigger potential than Damla but she has always played in weak teams so this is her first season to prove herself in a big club. Pity that she got injured.

Guidetti is giving many chances to Tuğba Şenoğlu and she is using it well so far. Thus, I expect she will be the starter OH in Vakıfbank next year

I agree. Also Ezgi was playing really good with the NT some years ago, so I was surprised she didn't fknd a better club to play in..

• serdar did you watch Vakıf's matches? Tuğba is really awful at receiving.She is also making lots of mistakes at attacking.When she was starter, she was always replaced by Gözde.I think next year Guidetti will play with 2 local MBs or local opp.Ebrar is training with A team, she is added to Champions League squad last week.Also Guidetti likes Meryem.

• FB SK has a bad sitution.Now We have Zero Yes 0 outside hitter.Natalia said that I have pain no play also Mia Jerkov was ill no play, Ezgi is only one real Turkish player but this season is closed.Damla is not enough good player for FB SK.
    She has very limit player.No attack bad receive bad service.I never like Damla
    We use 2 opposite cuz no choice.Also Bahar is very bad performance until now.We will see What Will Happen in Play Offs

Next year I guess Ezgi no Play for Eczacı Already They have lots of players every position.
    Setter Maja Or may be Wolosz, Sahin sisters one of them setter, Arelya, Sermin, Mısra Probably One Transfer Cagla or Cansu I think Ezgi wil go, Arelya-Sahin-Sermin-Mısra continue to leasing Maja Or Wolosz and Cagla or Cansu new setter
    Outside Hitter Meliha Smajlovic,Guldeniz,Hande Baladin,Saliha Sahin,Gozde Yılmaz,Jordan Larson probably Samantha Bricio
    Middle Blocker Adams,Thaisa,Beyza,Busra,Yasemin may be add Bahar

Also lots of player leasing such as Rida,Arelya,Sermin,Mısra Nevermind for Ecz.

I think FB SK will change almost all roster Eda,Dicle,Merve,Melis stay the others Full leave My Guess

GS SK according to sportive success for example join CL or CEV Cup also budget, sponsors

Vakıfbank in my opinion Kelsey and Lonneke part aways I think Bricio come to Vakıf or Eczacıbası If We have good budget also can take FB SK

• serdar did you watch Vakıf's matches? Tuğba is really awful at receiving.She is also making lots of mistakes at attacking.When she was starter, she was always replaced by Gözde.I think next year Guidetti will play with 2 local MBs or local opp.Ebrar is training with A team, she is added to Champions League squad last week.Also Guidetti likes Meryem.

Tuğba is clearly not a defensive OH but rather a balanced OH who can both attack and receive decently, which is something more useful than OHs who can only attack or receive.

Agreed with you on Tugba. Tugba will need another two years to be a quality starter for Vakifbank. I am sorry but Damla is not a VB material. Doubt VB would give up Rasic though, both of her blocking and serving are at elite level.