Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• What's the playoff format for this year? Best of 3 or home and away like last year? Thanks.

• What's the playoff format for this year? Best of 3 or home and away like last year? Thanks.

quarter finals : best of 3
    semi finals : best of 3
    3rd-4th places : best of 3
    1st-2nd places : best of 5

the teams Which lose at the quarter finals are going to play 5th-8th places matches that are going to play over best of 3

• quarter finals : best of 3
    semi finals : best of 3
    3-4 places : best of 3
    final match : best of 5

I like this is better because no need to worry about sets and points tie breaker.

• the current standings have no importance other than determining the playoffs picture (except for the first place : Vitra is qualified for CL from the third round )

the main/last standings amongts 1st-8th places will be certain after the playoffs

• Honestly I'm all for defending players but Polen is a lost cause and is the only player in VVSL I have no words for. (And Gozde Yilmaz maybe) Merve was the only defensive option they have left and she seemed more a sub. Polen did play in lots of the match as well but managed to only kill 1 ball (11 percent)

Biggest insult to Polen is she herself, I rememer her back in 2012 when I thought she would be our new Opp for sure

• Playoffs Quarterfinals Matcups in VVSL (Best of 3) :

Eczacıbaşı Vitra - Nilüfer B.
    Vakıfbank - Beşiktaş
    Galatasaray - Halkbank
    Fenerbahçe - Bursa BB.

The teams in the Relegation Round :
    Seramiksan 25.3 points
    Kameroğlu Beylikdüzü VI. 25 Pts
    Çanakkale B. 14,6 pts

Ilbank * 4,3 pts

Ilbank is alread relegated to the Second Division ( Women's First league)

• Schedule of First Period in the Relegation Round in VVSL :

14:00 Seramiksan - Ilbank
    16:00 K Beylikdüzü VI - Çanakkale B

14:00 Ilbank - K Beylikdüzü VI
    16:00 Çanakkale B - Seramiksan

12:00 Çanakkale B - Ilbank
    14:00 Seramiksan - K Beylikdüzü VI

• If Ilbank is already relegated then why are they playing the relegation circuit?

• If Ilbank is already relegated then why are they playing the relegation circuit?

let's suppose they beat all the opponents in the two circuits,this means 18 points +their current points=22,3 points which wouldnt overtake Beylikdüzü's current points : 25
    i have no idea why they are going to play the relegation round ..maybe the rules say so bzc the possibiliy of their stealing some points e.g. from Beylikdüzü or Seramiksan can help Çanakkele B :gone:

• let's suppose they beat all the opponents in the two circuits,this means 18 points +their current points=22,3 points which wouldnt overtake Beylikdüzü's current points : 25
    i have no idea why they are going to play the relegation round ..maybe the rules say so bzc the possibiliy of their stealing some points e.g. from Beylikdüzü or Seramiksan can help Çanakkele B :gone:

I understand it now, thanks. I didn't realize they kept the points from the regular phase. I find it weird...

• I understand it now, thanks. I didn't realize they kept the points from the regular phase. I find it weird...

actually what is weird or weirder Ilbank had no wins during the regular season..if they could make some more points
    with this relegation round they could still manage to stay in VVSL..but with no wins no chance! ..otherwise the idea of taking the points being collected in the regular season to the relegation round is not bad

• to be realistic,
    Çanakkale has 14,6 points..lets suppose they won all the matches 3-0 : 18 poinst...their total poinst would be 32,6 poinst
    Beylikdüzü has 25 points.. they are very likely to beat Ilbank two times with 3-0...this would mean 6 points ..25+6=31 points

Beylikdüzü should get no points against Seramiksan and Çanakkale so that Çanakkale can overtake them which is not likely to happen

yeap,Çanakkale has mathematically its chance but this relegation round seems needless bcz there is a big point difference amongst the first two and the last two teams

if Çanakkale had 20 points and Ilbank had 18 then we could be watching good matches..but with current situation,it makes very little sense

probably after the first circuit the situation will be clear and it will be useless for the foreign players to show their best..why should they ? i would play with local young players

• Sad to see Çanakkale (one of the few Anatolian teams) leave most probably, I loved their fans and actually don't even hate their current team rosters. Maybe things would have been different if Joyce had joined from round 1.