Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• And BJK - VB has started
    VB starts with Zehra Kubra MB duo which leaves room for Kelsey Robinson as a starter too

• After an easy VB win the other matches seem very competitive. Halkbank lost first set 23-25 but won next 25-22 to tie it at 1-1 ve Galatasaray. Bursa also lost first 23-25 vs FB but ties it with a 25-15 next set at 1-1 as well. Exciting final round quarter finals so far.

You can watch Halkbank-GS at TRT SPOR

• What a match!

Well, galatasary has to play 3 matches now. I think the main reason is the players of galatasaray are very tired due to the age! I think this will be biggest problem for them in play-off in turkish league and champions league! :teach:

I still think galatasaray will go to the semi-final! Halkbank has 35% probability to win the second match! :teach:

• Halkbank 3-2 Galatasaray 19-17 in tb (1-0)

Overall they played a much better game today despite their level dropped in last 2 sets they deserved to win and managed to do it :thumbsup: Salas and setter Aslıhan Kılıç share women of the match for me.

Gs players Nesli, Tatiana, Dobriana played bad today, a little better near the end though.

• Halkbank 3-2 Galatasaray 19-17 in tb (1-0)

Overall they played a much better game today despite their level dropped in last 2 sets they deserved to win and managed to do it :thumbsup: Salas and setter Aslıhan Kılıç share women of the match for me.

Gs players Nesli, Tatiana, Dobriana played bad today, a little better near the end though.

If halkbank goes to semi-final, fenerbache will be the happiest team to keep champions league spot for next season! :teach:

• Galatasaray is always killing themselves, on a level like this how do they manage to make so much service errors in almost every match? I see the fault by the head coach, the league is almost over and they are serving as at the beginning with no improvement, did the coach never train with them their service? Bad choices also from Gamze (I guess the tactics comes from the coach) with overusing her wing spikers, she is using her wing spikers even when Jack is on the court and the reception almost to perfect and Jack is a massive slider who needs to be fed with balls.

Why does it need 4 sets to tell Rabadzhieva that her Jump serves are not working today and that she changed it in the tiebreaker, before that she missed almost every serve?

I saw Atamans reaction after the match but he has no right to be frustrated and angry with his players because I see the fault in himself. I mean it is not difficult to change the serves from some players and train them. It's better to get the ball (easily) on the other side, than risking serves to get some aces or strong serves to ruin a play for the setter.

• I never really liked Ataman, the only thing he did right today was taking all players out at the already lost 3rd set.

This loss is really big for GS, Halkbank is a big hitting team which biggest struggle is reception. If you cant serve in you will have a really hard time beating them. In CL they will have to play against another similar style big hitting team, Novara. Im not sure if they can handle both :whistle:

Bursa lost 1-3 vs FB in a very tight match, the only easy set was the 2nd one that Bursa won. FB is still not even close to being guaranteed a semi spot.

Imagine Halkbank and Bursa fighting for CL spot :lol: Im not counting it out

• congrats to Halkbank
    Halkbank doubled Gala in the blocks: 14-7

i cant accept how Jack was given 13 balls in 4 sets as she was playing with 10/13 attack %77 :gone:

i coudnt watch the match but i will especially to see Salas..i like her game :flower:
    Daymi had 8 blokcs :super:

i hate Bursa BB,i dont know why they cant do what Halkbank and Seramiksan did and cant beat a "wounded" Fener :aww: Bursa is a more balanced team than Halkbank and Seramiksan..i see/think Halkbank's best is better than Bursa's best..

Beşiktaş couldnt resist.Alessia couldnt play her game

• It seems that Natalia played the entire match, which might explain why Fenerbahce won.

• Results of the First Matches in Playoffs Quarterfinals :

Beşiktaş : Vakıfbank : 0-3
    stats
    youtube
    Halkbank - Galatasaray : 3-2
    stats
    youtube
    Bursa BB - Fenerbahçe : 1-3
    stats

Day 1 in the Relegation Round :

Seramiksan - Ilbank : 3-1
    stats