Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• I agree Karayollari setter Elif overuses Tumas (she is having a good day so maybe thats also why) but Karayollari has 2 big prospects Oh Saliha and MB Yasemin Güveli who even played in EczV this season. She should use a more varied game and set more to MBs bcs she has options. Ana Grejman is there too... Their game is boring

Balikesir plays more as a team

• Can anyone advise if there are stats for Turkish 1st league? Or anyone knows how is Grejman playing this season?

unfort. no stats are available
    i cant follow womens' first league so i dont know how grejman performed..karayolları is playing the final round now so i suppose she should have played well in the regular season
    you can watch the replay here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZIhb_2U848&feature=youtu.be

• i watched Balıkesir-Karayolları match
    OH Saliha Şahin was offensively second best player of Karayolları after Marina Tumas.MB Yasemin Güveli got few balls.i couldnt have a certain opininon about her improvement.this was bcz Karayolları's setter Elif didnt give many balls to her MBs.She mainly set to the OPP of the team then to the 4..

• Womens' First league Final Round
    Day 2 :
    Balıkesir BB - Pursaklar VI : 3-1
    THY - Karayolları : 3-1

Standings :
    1.THY 2-0 (6 points)
    2.Balıkesir BB 1-1 (4 pts)
    3.Karayolları 1-1 (2 pts)
    4.Pursaklar VI 0-2 (0 pt)

with these results THY is promoted to VVSL
    Pursaklar VI has no chance to be left
    Either Balıkesir BB or Karayolları will be promoted

• Yağmur Mislina Kılıç is my fave discovery of this promotion round! Love her jump serves (she aced so much in the 1st match) and she is a very good spiker as well. Also love how she seems so comfortable in her game and not shaky. :thumbsup:

I can totally see why Gio called her for NT

• The Schedule Of Today :

Womens' First League :
    13:00 Pursaklar VI - Karayolları
    15:00 Balıkesir BB - THY

Semifinals Second Match :
    14:00 Eczacıbaşı Vitra - Fenerbahçe

5th-8th Places Second Match
    17:30 Bursa BB - Nilüfer B

• Karayolları won first set 25-20 thanks to MB Ayçin's serves and Pursaklar's errors.Marina Tumas was Karayolları's best player.Saliha and Grejman werent good.i didnt like Grejman's perfomance in the final round so far.Pursaklar's OPP isnt playing well.

• I’m surprised to say it, but Polen is really helping Fenerbahçe out there today.

• No surprise, that Eczacibasi proceeded already in second match to the finals, despite Fenerbahce resisted a lot especially in the third set. Now Ecztigers can happily play again pool stage of coming up CL :) .

• Womens' First League Final Round
    Day 3:
    Karayolları - Pursaklar VI : 3-1
    THY - Balıkesir BB : 3-2

with these results :

THY being the champion of Womens' First League and Karayolları have been promoted to Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi

i felt sorry for Balıkesir BB.They resisted a lot. I had thought they were the weakest team in the final round (thinking they had only one foreigner) they proved me wrong

• Congrast to Eczacıbaşı Vitra..they have been the first finalist beating Fenerbahçe with 2-0

seems Both the finalists of the last season (Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray) wont be able to play the finals (Fener isnt already going to do) but play third place match

• Btw..Nilüfer B beat Bursa BB 3-2 at Bursa's homecourt now its 1-1 and they are going to play a third match
    good job Nilüfer!

Semifinals Second Match (best of 3) :
    (2-0) Eczacıbaşı Vitra -Fenerbahçe : 3-0
    stats
    good job Büşra!
    youtube

5th-8th Place Second Match (best of 3) : :
    (1-1) Bursa BB - Nilüfer B : 2-3
    stats

• I think we can say now that this season has been a disaster for FB. They can stop it being a total failure by winning the 3rd place match, but it is obvious that things have to change next season. Only Eda has shown enough this season, any of the other players in the team could be replaced. Should any of the 4 foreigners from this season stay for 2018-19?

• I think we can say now that this season has been a disaster for FB. They can stop it being a total failure by winning the 3rd place match, but it is obvious that things have to change next season. Only Eda has shown enough this season, any of the other players in the team could be replaced. Should any of the 4 foreigners from this season stay for 2018-19?

if you ask about my opininon...i would say : no

its been a pity that Natalia is injuried and we cant see her full performance..i think Fener will part the ways with her.
    Rahimova has been the best scorer of her team but she hasnt been reliable and leading enough against tough teams.Fener needs a better opp.If they can find good OHs then Rahimova may stay
    no comment on Jerkov :D
    Tomkom is a very good setter and the best setter in the World in setting to the midddles however Fener needs an european style tall,blocker setter like Lloyd etc..

• if you ask about my opininon...i would say : no

its been a pity that Natalia is injuried and we cant see her full performance..i think Fener will part the ways with her.
    Rahimova has been the best scorer of her team but she hasnt been reliable and leading enough against tough teams.Fener needs a better opp.If they can find good OHs then Rahimova may stay
    no comment on Jerkov
    Tomkom is a very good setter and the best setter in the World in setting to the midddles however Fener needs an european style tall,blocker setter like Lloyd etc..

Yes, I agree with you. Natalia was really good last season and she could still be useful again next season, but I expect her to leave.
    Rahimova is a good player, but she wasn't good enough to make up for the lack of good reception in the team. I agree that if FB can get some good receiving OHs then Rahimova could do a good job.
    I love Tomkom, but she is not really the right setter for this team. She had good connection with Eda, but she had a poor connection with her wing-spikers after Kim left.
    Jerkov just should never have been signed. It was obvious they needed a good receiving OH, but that is not Jerkov. The 2-receiver system they sometimes used was also a bad idea.

I think FB had almost failed before the season even started with their poor transfer policy and failing to replace a superstar like KYK.

• I agree on FB, Rahimova can stay in my opinion it depends. The weight on her shoulders was too big this season to judge her really fairly, I think she can do better when she has some attackers that can help her. I think FB doesn't need foreign MBs either; Eda, Dicle and Bahar trio are imo still one of the best options in the league. Liberos are fine too. But they do need DESPERATELY new OHs preferrably two good foreign ones. Maybe Anne Buijs can be one and maybe even someone like Daalderop next to her. Two Dutch OHs :super: it is just my fantasy ofc but I would love it. Ideally KYK comes back and Buijs next to her.