Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• But they do need DESPERATELY new OHs preferrably two good foreign ones. Maybe Anne Buijs can be one and maybe even someone like Daalderop next to her. Two Dutch OHs :super:

That would be absolutely tragic. There would be no reception whatsoever.

• Like I said its my own fantasy and it works quite well in Dutch NT with worse liberos also like I said my ideal case would be KYK and Buijs however I'm not sure if Kim will come back. I liked Natalia last season but I hope to see more motivated and younger players in FB like Daalderop. Also reception doesn't have to be perfect when you have Buijs and Rahimova + Daalderop who are great attackers. Rahimova was alone this season and had Damla and Jerkov next to her and still they managed to get tb 3 times vs Italian big teams and get to Turkish f4. I do not agree with you at all that it would be a disaster. Fener has good liberos and imo the best block defense in the world, they can become one of the biggest offensive dangers if only they had good OH's which Buijs and Daalderop are. There is nothing wrong with having an offensive game as long as it is well organized which it was not this season with 2 2nd league local OHs and Jerkov.

• It is hard to judge Rahimova's performance since whole team was a big chaos, she also didn't play well. But it is obvious that she is a better attacker from zone 4 that's why FB should find an OH who can attack from zone 2 so that she can play as receiving OH. Maret is the lefty OH that comes to my mind first although she didn't have good season in Pomi this year.

FB should keep Tomkom, she is a setter who can make a difference, indeed she might be one of the rare setters who could play a decent game with such a horrible reception line up. I agree that they don't need to transfer an foreign MB if they will keep all local trio. They just need to invest well to local OH position and get a good scorer OH such as Buijs

• I'm not sure if Tomkom should stay in Fener esp since she said prior to the season that she wanted a break and only came back when Lloyd was injured, but tbh I feel like if there is not much improvement in reception from the team then its hard for her to change anything as well. That said, her floor defence as a setter is one of the better few in the Turkish League and her connection with the middle blockers is also very good

• FB should just keep Tomkom and bring back KYK so the Natalia - KYK duo can work their magic once again. Get Neslihan to replace Rahimova. Keep the local MB trio. And the liberos are doing fine.

Although deep down in my heart I wish Natalia will go back to Brazil and play alongside Gabi in Sesc-RJ. I cannot imagine the slayage the Gabi-Natalia duo can bring now that Roberta is getting better and better each day.

• Schedule of Tomorrow :
    Semifinals Second Match (best of 3) :
    18:30 Vakıfbank - GalatasarayTRT Spor

5th-8th Place (best of 3) :
    17:30 Bursa BB - Nilüfer B (Third match)
    18:30 Halkbank - Beşiktaş (Second Match)

lets see what Gala without Kosheleva or even without Seda will do against Vakıf ?

i wonder if Nilüfer will make the surprise and beat Bursa BB second time in a row ?
    If Beşiktaş will complete it or Halkbank will take it to the third match ?

• If seda also can not play today, cansu cetin will play as oh to have a good receiving. I think it will be a practising game for vakifbank. Gs do not have good oh left to use. The bet rate is 1:6 now. :teach:

As I mentioned at the beginning of the season, which team can keep healthy and in good status has biggest chance to get the champion. :teach:

Onal gulden seems also injured in ecz vitra, if she can not recover in time vakifbank will have obvious advantage in 5-games final. :teach:

• Considering her age and her style of play, relying on jumping high and hitting over the block, I'd say this is the end of her career. I mean she'll surely come back but I don't see her coming back to being a top player, because even without the injury she hasn't been great in the last 1-2 years.

• I guess GS will play the 3rd match with Fener. I see no chance against Vakif. I am wondering who they want to transfer for the next season if they manage to compete at CL in the next edition.

Hope we get to see how Ilkin plays. Considering the fact that Cansu is not receiving well enough, I see no reason why Ilkin cannot play.

• VB are playing badly, but when it gets to the important points they raise their level as usual, while GS start to choke.