Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• The referees are a joke. Getting overruled by challenge system like 10 times in one set says it all :aww:

I don't like Vakifbank's rotation 1 scheme and it broke their neck at the end. It's so weird to see Sloetjes make a 9m sprint from pos.4 to 2 just so that Zhu can attack from 4, and Asli showed that a good server can easily break that attempt of receiving with two players in that rotation.

• What is Gamze doing on court?? So many bad choices, she seems to be trying to give the match to Vakif. Neslihan and Jack keeping GS alive. I really liked Ilkin, didn’t understand why he took her out in the end of 2nd set.

• Gamze is not having her best season, shes been so sloppy lately and has 0 connection with middles. I hope to see her better, she can do so much better then what I'm seeing.

I agree. I think Gamze is brilliant, but she is nowhere near as good this season as she was last season. That's probably due to the difference in GS' style this year, but a world class setter needs to be able to adapt their game to different styles IMO.

• I always say this, but I just love the way Neslihan plays. She doesn't have the height and power of a Zhu or a Boskovic, but she has so many ways she can hurt you. I will be surprised if those players are as effective as Neslihan is at 35.

• Agreed on nesli, an undeniable legend. :rose:

also I have to give Asli a shoutout, which is a player I always criticize however she seems to have changed her approach a little and hits the ball at a much higher point while still maintaining her quickness also her serves are as good as ever. Kudos Asli Kalaç :drink: and take notes Kübra!

• Oh what an idiot is Ataman :wall:
    He just threw away one challenge for that attack line fault that everybody saw wasn't one just to have a fake time-out, and later when he could have really used a challenge for that attack of Rabadzhieva that probably caught the line he didn't have one left :aww:

That's what distinguishes good teams from top teams. Good teams sometimes don't finish a 24:21 lead and top teams can improve their performance all of a sudden being down 21:24...and having Zhu killing almost every high ball flying her way certainly helps.

• Oh what an idiot is Ataman :wall:
    He just threw away one challenge for that attack line fault that everybody saw wasn't one just to have a fake time-out, and later when he could have really used a challenge for that attack of Rabadzhieva that probably caught the line he didn't have one left :aww:

That's what distinguishes good teams from top teams. Good teams sometimes don't finish a 24:21 lead and top teams can improve their performance all of a sudden being down 21:24...and having Zhu killing almost every high ball flying her way certainly helps.

So right. How stupid is Ataman!? I hope he learns his lesson in future.

• Poor Neslihan, she tries so hard! True star. Jack playing great too, but Gamze... For me, she crushed Galatasaray’s chances of winning the set when she put the ball to Asli with the score at 24-22. So many bad choices. And I still don’t get why Dobriana got back in the match. It must have been to give Vakif’s victory of the set as she just did.

About Zhu Ting, not so many things to say, just amazing!