You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 10:28am

it is sad that nobody has been running this thread..once upon a time a russian users used to do that
meso mi ra se beno...

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 10:47am

The russian league is unfortunately not that exciting. It also is becoming weaker with only ten teams left for the highest division. It has dwindled to mediocrity with only two good teams that can compete at the top of european competitions. Proof is Yenisey not qualifying for the champions league group stage. Such a far cry from the men's league.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 10:50am

The russian league is unfortunately not that exciting. It also is becoming weaker with only ten teams left for the highest division. It has dwindled to mediocrity with only two good teams that can compete at the top of european competitions. Proof is Yenisey not qualifying for the champions league group stage. Such a far cry from the men's league.

In the league Krasnoyarsk is on the same height in the table currently as Kazan and Moscow. So we have to wait, how this proceeds - and the surprise team Maritza Plovdiv, which eliminated them from CL, can be considered as dark horse there and we will see, how they perform in pool stage now.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 11:06am

In the league Krasnoyarsk is on the same height in the table currently as Kazan and Moscow. So we have to wait, how this proceeds - and the surprise team Maritza Plovdiv, which eliminated them from CL, can be considered as dark horse there and we will see, how they perform in pool stage now.

I want to agree but the Russian Federation did offer Volero Zurich to play in the Russian League. That tells us how much the league declined from its glory years. If I am to hazard a guess. Saratov and Odintsovo are potential teams that could breathe new life to this lifeless league. Their success is the key to reviving the interest to women's volleyball in Russia. I am not saying it's dead but I could live without this league until the playoffs. Any competitive rivalry that could spring out from these teams is a nice change from what has been expected.

Sunday, December 10th 2017, 5:59pm

So Odintsovo lost all the 4 "big matches" against the big teams in the league for the first round. After a very strong start... they faltered. I wonder if the other weaker teams could see through their game. Pankova plays really well when she's not under pressure but the moment the pass is not good... she becomes very predictable. Her reverse setting really... I feel like that needs work the most. Everyone can tell where she's going.

Anyway...

I am particularly impressed with Urarlochka's Romanova. I think with Karpol... Let's hope she becomes fine-tuned to the fast game that this team is good with. Russia could be hoping for this girl to mature. She doesn't seem athletic when you look at her physique but she is sneakily agile. She plays enough with the middle blockers which is something noteworthy. Urachloka's passing was terrible but she seems okay and not nervous. Still not as strong as Startseva but maybe that could be worked upon in the future.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Rains_of_Castamere" (Dec 10th 2017, 11:32pm)