Russia - Superliga 2017/18

• Moscow wins Russian championship ? or it is bets of 3 ?

If rules were not changed this year, it's a best-of-5 series, and the team to win 3 games will be the winners.

• Ekaterinburg leveled the series with Krasnoyarsk today. So the next match will decide, who gets the important 2:1 lead in the series (also best of five in the little final series, deciding who is eligible to play CL qualification, the loser CEV cup.

• By the way, Goncharova prolonged her like eternal felt contract with Mocscow for one more year (she is there since 2007 now). So there is no fun for Istanbul top clubs by getting a top opposite now...

I think Goncharova is contented with playing in domestic league and has no desire to play abroad, either because everything she needs she can find in Moscow or she doesn't care enough to challenge herself and play with the best teams overseas. I get the impression she is stubborn :lol:

• I think Goncharova is contented with playing in domestic league and has no desire to play abroad, either because everything she needs she can find in Moscow or she doesn't care enough to challenge herself and play with the best teams overseas. I get the impression she is stubborn :lol:

as far as i undertood .. she doesnt want a new environment and new friends and new challenge..its bcz she may be an introvert..its normal

• She played only in first set - no idea.

In the first match I started watching from the end of the 1st set and she was not on the court also. Weird.

• And the CL qualification berth goes to Uralochka NTMK EKATERINBURG. They lead the small final series 2:1 and today in fourth match 2:0, Yenisei KRASNOYARSK could level, but the tie-break was for Karpols team finally. So Krasnoyarsk finished a relatively bad season, not getting into pool stage of CL because of the surprise loss against Maritza PLOVDIV and now being forced to be content with CEV cup next season, despite they finished league round as third team.

• Goncharova speaks out about the lack of competitiveness in the Russian League.

volleymob

I hope more female players share their piece of mind on this issue because the league is boring. They should try to adapt or they will kill the league if they stay like that.

I have three suggestions:

One: Some teams need to relocate to closer cities so they could bunch up teams with one another to make travel more efficient. Teams like Sakhalin should be disbanded because the distance from other clubs is just not feasible for easier transportation.

Two: This is going to be controversial but maybe it is time for Kazan or Moscow to have two teams in the league just like what NBA did with LA Clippers and Lakers. I do understand that Moscow and Odintsovo are fairly close but Moscow is such a big city that it could handle another team to relocate there.

Three. Increase the foreigner allowance to three or four.

I think the first two suggestions should be reviewed in great detail because I feel the weather and heavy conditions for travel in Russia is the primary reasons most foreign players are skipping the league so even if you increase the foreigner allowance in a club, nothing will change if the travel factor is a significant nuisance especially for players that are used to the warmth of tropical sunshine and the italian/turkish league's lighter condition of traffic. :wavy:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().