Italy - Serie A2 2017/18

• After signing McMahon, now it's probably Soverato the main candidate team to win A2 and be promoted to A1.
    Based in the deep south of Italy (Calabria), Soverato has been trying for many years to achieve this result without succeeding. Now they have the big chance... But the challenge is open, as there are also other very well equipped teams this year in A2. The level is higher than last few years, most probably due to the improvement of the Italian economy.

• After signing McMahon, now it's probably Soverato the main candidate team to win A2 and be promoted to A1.
    Based in the deep south of Italy (Calabria), Soverato has been trying for many years to achieve this result without succeeding. Now they have the big chance... But the challenge is open, as there are also other very well equipped teams this year in A2. The level is higher than last few years, most probably due to the improvement of the Italian economy.

I`m assuming you have never watched McMahon play?!. She`s tall 1.99cm and that`s it, she`s really not good, she`s super slow, worst than Diouf (her nickname on volleytalk is McTall) she did not even make that big difference in Germany where she would hit around 20% or below in some games. And I think the level of Serie 2 is higher than in Germany.
    She played for USA this summer and she was really bad, so bad that for the WCC they had to replace her with Witney which is even worst than her.

She will certainly not make Soverato any stronger, hopefully her backup is good because they will need her. All the Club Italia teens are better than her.

• Dito.

McMahon sure isn't Gamova but for A2 she'll be totally ok, she'll certainly be one of the outstanding players in A2.

I will make sure to remember this post, by the end of the season we will make sure to find out who was right and who was wrong.

Comparing her to Gamova?? OMGGG :lol: she`s not even close to be at Murphy`s level....lolo

of course Shame wont agree A2 is stronger than Germany. How many Americans in A2? 3 or maybe? How many Americans in Germany?? 30 maybe? Bring the toilet paper.... :lol:

• 1st round

Soverato - Collegno 3-2
    Gray 26, Mc Mahon 24, Donà 12 / Schlegel 18, Agostinetto 17, Gobbo 10

Trentino - Cuneo 3-2
    Dekany 17, Michieletto 11, Moretto 11 / Vanzurova 18, Segura 17, Bertone 11

Chieri - Olbia 3-0
    Angelina 16, Akrari 12, Perinelli 9 / Bartolini 10, Provaroni 9, Barazza 5

Orvieto - S.G.Marignano 0-3
    Aricò 14, Montani 13, Grigolo 10 / Markovic 21, Zanette 14, Saguatti 11

Montecchio - Ravenna 0-3
    Marcolina 11, Gomiero 9, Pamio 8 / Bacchi 16, Kajalina 11, D'Odorico 11

Baronissi - Brescia 3-2
    Mendaro Leyva 25, Strobbe 14, Moneta 13 / Dailey 22, Villani 19, Vilponen 8

Perugia - Club Italia 1-3
    Fiore 15, Garcia Zuleta 9, Lotti 9 / Enweonwu 24, Pietrini 13, Omoruyi 8

Marsala - Mondovì 1-3
    Merteki 14, Furlan 11, Ventura Ferreira 9 / Bici 22, Biganzoli 16, Rivero 13

Rest: Caserta

• Its weird :

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720435

somebody can explain difference with the official statistics of the league ?

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Yeah the stats on legavolleyfemminile are wrong. I used the ones from volleyball.it

• 2nd Round

CLUB ITALIA - BARONISSI 3-2
    Enweonwu 29 (52%), Pietrini 13, Lubian 12 / Mendaro Leyva 26, Moneta 13, Strobbe 7

S.G.MARIGNANO - MARSALA 3-0
    Zanette 17, Saguatti 15, Casillo 9 / Furlan 9, Facchinetti 6, Merteki 6

BRESCIA - SOVERATO 1-3
    Decortes 18, Dailey 16. Guidi 10 / Gray 31 (52%), Mc Mahon 11, Frigo 7

OLBIA - CASERTA 3-1
    Soos 26 (53%), Uchiseto 16, Bartolini 13 / Cvetnic 16, Mabilo 15, Moretti 15

COLLEGNO - PERUGIA 1-3
    Schlegel 13, Fiorio 9, Pastorello 7 / Pascucci 15, Lotti 13, Fiore 12

RAVENNA - CHIERI 1-3
    D'Odorico 17, Bacchi 14, Kajalina 10 / Manfredini 25 (58%), Angelina 21, Lualdi 12

CUNEO - ORVIETO 3-1
    Vanzurova 25 (54%), Segura 15, F.Bertone 12 / Grigolo 21, Aricó 18, Santini 11

MONDOVÌ - TRENTINO 3-1
    Bici 24, Rivero 17, Biganzoli 16 / Kiosi 17, Dekany 13, Moretto 12

• 3rd Round

CLUB ITALIA - MARSALA 3-1
    Pietrini 20, Enweonwu 19, Nwakalor 14 / Rossini 13, Merteki 9, Furlan 9

SOVERATO - MONDOVÍ 3-0
    Gray 19, Donà 11, Mc Mahon 8 / Bici 20, Biganzoli 10, Rivero 8

TRENTINO - CHIERI 2-3
    Kiosi 22, Fondriest 12, Dekany 11 / Perinelli 20 (53%), Manfredini 20, Akrari 17

ORVIETO - CASERTA 2-3
    Aricò 22, Grigolo 19, Santini 12 / Denysova 22, Cvetnic 13 (58%), Moretti 12

MONTECCHIO - OLBIA 3-0
    Gomiero 17 (61%), Pamio 10, Brutti 9 / Soos 14, Barazza 7, Uchiseto 5

RAVENNA - COLLEGNO 3-0
    Kajalina 17 (50%), Menghi 11, Bacchi 9 / Agostinetto 13, Pastorello 7, Fiorio 5

CUNEO - BRESCIA 3-0
    Borgna 14, Segura 11, F.Bertone 8 / Villani 13, Decortes 7, Veglia 5

BARONISSI - S.G.MARIGNANO 2-3
    Mendaro Leyva 27, Moneta 12, Kijakova 10 / Zanette 21, Saguatti 20, Markovic 15

Rest: PERUGIA

STANDINGS
    1. S.G.Marignano, Chieri, Soverato, Club Italia 8
    5. Cuneo 7

6. Ravenna, Mondovì 6
    8. Baronissi 4
    9. Montecchio, Trentino. Perugia, Olbia 3
    13. Caserta 2
    14. Orvieto, Brescia, Collegno 1
    17. Marsala 0

TOP SCORERS:
    1. Mendaro Leyva 78
    2. Gray 76
    3. Enweonwu 71
    4. Bici 66
    5. Aricò 54
    6. Zanette 52
    6. Manfredini 52
    8. Vanzurova 50
    8. Grigolo 50
    8. Angelina 50
    11. Kiosi 48
    12. Pietrini 46
    12. Saguatti 46
    14. Soos 45
    15. Dailey 44
    16. Mc Mahon 43
    16. Segura 43
    18. Markovic 42
    18. Biganzoli 42
    20. Dekany 41

• Gray, much more than Mc Mahon is pulling Soverato in these first matches. She is playing really good! I also like Chieri, Cuneo, Ravenna, Mondovì and Trento as teams. This year the league will be much more balanced, not as last year where Pesaro and Filottrano were far ahead. And Club Italia is rocking too :super:

• I wrote before saying McMahon was not good and she certainly would not make Soverato any stronger. But hey I`m a american hater right???
    And as I said, Serie A2 is stronger than German League, if she was not even good in Germany she will be even worst in Italy A2.

Her stats
    21/48 44%
    10/36 28%
    7/27 26%

average
    38/111 - 34%

Uschieto did fine in her first game with 16 points, but only 5 in the 2nd game.

• Her team is JUST first in the league. :aww:
    You were acually waiting for an average performance. :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Oh, yes, Serie A2 is so strong. Teams from all over the world ask to play it... Who cares abour Bundesliga? :rolll: :dance6:

• Volleytalk rarely talks about International Club Season. I'm not saying they are ignorant but this forum and posters should probably have better knowledge with ugh... this league and Bundesliga power level. :read:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• So far Alexa Gray (Soverato) was the most impressive player in A2. She would deserve to play in A1 but I wonder why none of the A1 teams signed her last summer ?(

McMahon a bit disappointing actually, considering her height and her curriculum..

Uchiseto outside of Japan doesn't make sense.. she is very talented and has a great tecnique, but she is also very short and needs super fast sets in order to score. The Italian setters of A2 play a very basic and quite slow volleyball, which doesn't suit her at all.

I'm very impressed and pleased by Club Italia. They are clearly young and immature, but thy have a HUGE potential and they can win the league. Pietrini, as I said many times already, will become a big star. Enweonwu is a scoring machine as OH.. since the OPP position is already covered by Egonu in NT for the next 15 years, the Italian Federation wants Enweonwu to improve her passing skills and develop as an OH. So the OPP is Nwakalor, but this girl is nothing special. MBs Lubian, Fahr and Adhuoljok are amazing although the bad reception of the team doesn't allow setter Morello (she is also nothing special) to play much with them.
    I hope Pietrini and Enweonwu will improve their reception skills, because one of them will be in the Italian starting six in Tokyo2020 (the other one will be on bench)