You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak

Friday, April 20th 2018, 1:12pm

In an interview regarding going to a foreign league with Voleros professional team the club owner Stav Jacobi listed his personal list of stronger leagues than the swiss one:

Turkish, Italian, Russian, Polish, French, Romanian, and German
"Fun" fact I just heared from a swiss friend: After Sm'Aesch-Pfeffingen won the first game in the Finals (3:1) and was about to maybe get the 4th set in Zurich what would have meant a Tie-Break, Jacobi ordered the Coach to take the two mandatory swiss players off the court and play with their CL-Line-Up. Volero won that Set 26-24 and won the game 3:1 and even though its against the rules the Club has "only" to pay a 20'000.- fine, which is nothing for them.

If this is true, what a shame for sportmanship :down: :down: :down:
The money "loss" is nothing compared to the competitive advantage that a Team like Volero can gain with willingly breaking the rules and regulations. It's sad when you call the league weak for years and when finally someone challenges you, you break the rules. :hit:
I'm kind of glad, that i missed this, as i was watching the live broadcast of the bronze medal game (Düdingen-Kanti). But honestly, i wasn't really surprised to read about it afterwards and see the short clip of his behavior. :rolleyes: German users should be relieved, that he has chosen France to continue his "endeavours".
Oh my! I wish we could put a united reaction as volleyball spectators to such volleyball mafia! Can't we sign a petition or something against them? :white:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Friday, April 20th 2018, 3:29pm

German users should be relieved, that he has chosen France to continue his "endeavours".
I seriously am. I would have developed a big dislike towards Stuttgart if they had chosen to become Volero Stuttgart, but I'm glad their management chose wisely.

By the way, since Le Cannet got eliminated in French league quarterfinal, I wonder how the new Volero is going to try to enter Champions League for next season :whistle:

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male
  • "StefanS" started this thread

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Friday, April 20th 2018, 9:46pm

I have watched the very close tie-break of final series in Switzerland match three: Pfeffingen had three match balls than, but couldn't use one, so Volero won in the end 17:15 and leads now the final series 2:1. This time they stayed with two Swiss players, so they didn't repeat the "action" of the second match (and the injured(?) Laura Unternährer was pretty good today), but you can easily see, that that one could be decisive in the end. While Pfeffingen has nearly nothing aside from their starting six to change in against Volero, and Volero has many substitution possibilities, Pfeffingens starting six is so good to pose a rather serious threat to Volero. We will see, if Pfeffingen can level the series at home in fourth match and still tries seriously to dethrone the all-the-time champions...

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male
  • "StefanS" started this thread

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Saturday, April 28th 2018, 6:25am

In German volleyball magazine an article appeared about Volero and the move to foreign championship, away from Switzerland. Jacobi preferred French league and decided for co-team Le Cannet, because Turkey was considered too strong and expensive, Italy demands three Italian players all the time, Russia has just two very strong teams (Moscow and Kazan) and extreme traveling distances (flying nearly all the time), Poland was not mentioned, but has the same rule as Italy with three domestic players as minimum, Germany doesn't use it's CL berthes at last... France is much cheaper for Volero, for example renting apartments is just a fourth in prize at Cote d'Azur compared to Zurich - and public authorities are giving now more money to French teams because of 2024 Olympics in Paris. The debt of Le Cannet, which caused this season a penalty of 6 points in the league, was/is 500.000 Euro, which is considered by Jacobi as not too much. And in France there must be just one French player on court all the time, only Romania (no rule at all) and Germany (planned, but not introduced yet) are lower in this regard. He thinks, German league will become weaker because of not using CL berths.

Social bookmarks