Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2018/2019

• BILD claims, that Louisa Lippmann leaves Schwerin in favour of A1 to Il Bisonte Firenze (Florenz). Fun Fact: Nika Daalderop from Stuttgart has already a contract there too...

• Britt Bongaerts, Lindsay Dowd, Tessa Polder, Karolina Pisla, Jelena Sunjic, Frauke Neuhaus and McKenzie Adams leaves Aachen.

https://www.facebook.com/Ladie…en/posts/1433370773435114

Wow, that's a lot :white:

Lauren Barfield renewed her contract in Schwerin and the article mentions that Marie Schölzel is also under contract for next season, but those two plus Szakmary currently are the only players of Schwerin with a valid contract :what:

Tereza Patockova stays one more year in VfB Suhl.

• Britt Bongaerts, Lindsay Dowd, Tessa Polder, Karolina Pisla, Jelena Sunjic, Frauke Neuhaus and McKenzie Adams leaves Aachen.

https://www.facebook.com/Ladie…en/posts/1433370773435114

Of course, it is a pity. But, it is no surprise at all. The market works like that. Only Vakifbank and Eczacibasi can keep their roster together.

• Schwerin is in serious trouble due to an article in svz (very close newspaper regarding them) with the Palmberg hall. Regretfully the full article is behind a paywall, but the VBL considers not to allow Schwerin anymore to play there European Cups and even the playoff rounds - like they did with small club Aachen at last.

We have to wait, how things evolve, but despite the hall is relatively small (especially compared to the halls commonly used by Dresden and Stuttgart) and lacks certain features like a seperate press room, I think about this harsh reaction of VBL as (at least a little) exaggerated.

I'm not sure, but next chance for a rule conforming hall is supposed to be CU Arena in Hamburg, about 50 km s away.

Even if the city Schwerin and/or state Mecklenburg-Vorpommern will give them money to upgrade the hall, it is questionable, if it can be done fast enough for next season.

• why Hamburg? Schwerin can easily play in the Sport- and Kongresshalle (5.184 spectators)...

• StefanS knows nothing ;-)

Is this hall not too big and expensive for them? They never used it so far... (request for tickets should be sufficient to finance the renting)

I searched for the company driving that hall - and this seems to be a pure private company, so I guess renting it is extremely expensive - can easily cost 20.000 Euro per day, which makes it quickly uneconomical.

• Is this hall not too big and expensive for them? They never used it so far... (request for tickets should be sufficient to finance the renting)

I searched for the company driving that hall - and this seems to be a pure private company, so I guess renting it is extremely expensive - can easily cost 20.000 Euro per day, which makes it quickly uneconomical.

I remember a final four cup tournament they organized in this hall during the 90th. I think they must have played many international matches there before 2010 because their old hall for Bundelsiga matches was very small. But I don't know anything about prices. Most likely this hall is less expensive than Porsche Arena...

But "Schwerin playing in Hamburg" should be comparable to "Stuttgart playing in Munich" ;-)

• I remember a final four cup tournament they organized in this hall during the 90th. I think they must have played many international matches there before 2010 because their old hall for Bundelsiga matches was very small. But I don't know anything about prices. Most likely this hall is less expensive than Porsche Arena...

But "Schwerin playing in Hamburg" should be comparable to "Stuttgart playing in Munich" ;-)

Hamburg would be for sure not ideal for Schwerin to play there, but the distance Schwerin - Hamburg is much lower (less than half) as Stuttgart - Munich by the way. The Porsche Arena costs basically 15.000 Euro per day, if you rent it long ahead (a year or so), without massive additional costs like security, electricity, gastronomy... in the short term, when they found no customer for a weekend for example and it would be otherwise unused, the prize is cheaper.

• My comparison was not just about distance but also about playing in a bigger town that is not really interested in other sports than soccer and in a team from another city.

And I also don't think that CU Arena fullfills all criteria of CEV.

• I'm glad for Maja Storck :) . Shows that she could convince with her performance also people beyond the swiss volleyball scene (like Aachen). :thumbup:

She made a good impression on me in last year's Volleymasters so I am looking forward to watching her in German league.

According to this article, Denise Hanke stays in Schwerin and the club wants to play in Champions League if they can find a solution for the hall problem with CEV.