Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2018/2019

• The VBL accepted the license application of Aachen now without any further demands - they were satisfied by the construction plans for the new hall for this season at least.

• After Aachen also Erfurt stated already, that the VBL has decided to accept their license request again (as expected) - no published official statement by VBL yet though.

• Anna Pogany is leaving Sm'Aesch Pfeffingen (SUI) and might go back to the Bundesliga (which is no surprise). A little bit more surprising is that they could hire Dora Grozer for next season.

• Anna Pogany is leaving Sm'Aesch Pfeffingen (SUI) and might go back to the Bundesliga (which is no surprise). A little bit more surprising is that they could hire Dora Grozer for next season.

I don't find it too surprising :whistle: In the past a lot of German players who were eternal bench players in Bundesliga came to play in Switzerland, and despite being in NT last year, Dora never had a real breakthrough in Bundesliga, so I think it's not the worst choice to go to play in a good Swiss team instead of playing for a bad German one or spend another year on bench.

How did Pogany do in Pfeffingen last season?

About Adams to Schwerin: :super:
    Szakmary has already renewed and Koslowski told the press that he expects Geerties to stay as well, so they'll have three very strong OHs with different strengths.

According to the BIP site, Ashley Mariani is confirmed in Suhl for next season.

• I don't find it too surprising :whistle: In the past a lot of German players who were eternal bench players in Bundesliga came to play in Switzerland, and despite being in NT last year, Dora never had a real breakthrough in Bundesliga, so I think it's not the worst choice to go to play in a good Swiss team instead of playing for a bad German one or spend another year on bench.

So far I know she was part of the good season of Pfeffingen - they were rather close to dethrone Volero, which caused at times Voleros owner Stav Jacobi to do things, which were debated :) .

• Pogany to Schwerin

https://www.facebook.com/SSCPa…/1792138047512447/?type=3

Not the best Idea . I think she is not good enough for Schwerin.

Wow, that surely comes as a surprise, I expected a bigger name like Dürr and Carocci in the last two seasons. But let's wait and see how Pogany performs, plus the fact that Koslowski took Elisa Lohmann to NT camp makes me think that he wants her to play a bigger role in SSC next season as well.

Poll to Stuttgart is a good move, I think she is a good replacement for Mlejnkova, being a similar type of player.

Gina Köppen, young OH from Schwerin who played in VCO Berlin last season, signed with VT Hamburg in 2nd league.

• Wow, that surely comes as a surprise, I expected a bigger name like Dürr and Carocci in the last two seasons. But let's wait and see how Pogany performs, plus the fact that Koslowski took Elisa Lohmann to NT camp makes me think that he wants her to play a bigger role in SSC next season as well.

Poll to Stuttgart is a good move, I think she is a good replacement for Mlejnkova, being a similar type of player.

Funnily I thought today, Poll could be an option for Stuttgart - Olympiacos is not paying bad, so far I know, so this is a little surprise, that it indeed happens.

• Funnily I thought today, Poll could be an option for Stuttgart - Olympiacos is not paying bad, so far I know, so this is a little surprise, that it indeed happens.

Her husband is living and working in Aachen, so it was just a matter of time before she'd return to Germany, and I guess Stuttgart is a good choice for her. She can probably still earn more there than in Aachen, but the distance is waaay less than from Greece :D

Gina Köppen, young OH from Schwerin who played in VCO Berlin last season, signed with VT Hamburg in 2nd league.

It's a good move for us.

• It seems, that both Stuttgart and Schwerin are preparing for the coming domestic players rule, they tend to hire German players more than before.

Please don't put Schwerin and Stuttgart on the same level here :!: Schwerin always (or at least mostly) had many German players in the roster.

• Madi Bugg anounced on her Instagram Profil that she happy to play next Season with Molly McCage for Allianz MTV Stuttgart.

Because Pia Kästner has already a contract and Stuttgart needs two setters, this means that Femke Stoltenborg is leaving - which is no surprise, she tends to change her club often.

• I don't find it too surprising :whistle: In the past a lot of German players who were eternal bench players in Bundesliga came to play in Switzerland, and despite being in NT last year, Dora never had a real breakthrough in Bundesliga, so I think it's not the worst choice to go to play in a good Swiss team instead of playing for a bad German one or spend another year on bench.

OK, maybe i suffered a little bit of "big brand bias" then. ;) I know that Grozer didn't play that much, but i thought she still was rated relatively high in Germany and shouldn't have much problem to be hired by another mid-level german team. If she wants to play as a starter for a whole season it might be a good choice indeed, i would guess she is supposed to fill the spot of the leaving Nicole Walch in Sm'Aesch Pfeffingen, but i can be wrong. I think Pogany did well, i might only have seen 3-4 full matches of them though, and i can't remember any words of critic in their local press (and they usually don't hold back). But Schwerin is a "different animal" of course. If she gets a chance to play, the performance with German NT will be a much more telling predictor, i guess. I wish her all the best :flower: .