Professional

• "StefanS" is male
  • "StefanS" started this thread

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Friday, June 15th 2018, 6:24pm

DVV Cup 2018/2019

Today was the draw for DVV Cup 2018/2019 and there is a clash of two top teams:

Stuttgart (three times winner) hosts Dresden (five times winner and title defenders) in first round

The other first league duels should be also respective even more in favour of the hosts:

Schwerin vs. Vilsbiburg
Wiesbaden vs. Erfurt

All other 5 first league professional teams will play abroad on not yet determined amateur team host sites (at most second league).

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 5:21pm

The board of DVV around Thomas Krone, the German national volleyball federation, has retired. There was too much tension regarding a project of the board, declined by most, if not all state federations after consulting their clubs. Since I expect, that the state federations will now install a board of their own, it will be interesting, if they will than dismiss Koslowski as federal coach due to the discussion about him because of being head coach of Schwerin too?

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 5:43pm

The board of DVV around Thomas Krone, the German national volleyball federation, has retired. There was too much tension regarding a project of the board, declined by most, if not all state federations after consulting their clubs. Since I expect, that the state federations will now install a board of their own, it will be interesting, if they will than dismiss Koslowski as federal coach due to the discussion about him because of being head coach of Schwerin too?
There already is a new leadership under René Hecht (former NT player). Nobody in his right mind will dismiss Koslowski :roll: Sorry but only a die-hard Stuttgart (or Dresden) fan can have such fantasies.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Yesterday, 3:08pm

Aachen signs Belgian OH Jodie Guilliams. She currently plays as L in NT but they sign her as OH. IMO their OH position looks rather weak with Oude Luttikhuis, Jasper and now Guilliams :S None of them is a powerful attacker like Adams/Daalderop were for them in the last two years.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Yesterday, 5:10pm

Aachen signs Belgian OH Jodie Guilliams. She currently plays as L in NT but they sign her as OH. IMO their OH position looks rather weak with Oude Luttikhuis, Jasper and now Guilliams :S None of them is a powerful attacker like Adams/Daalderop were for them in the last two years.

At least against strong teams like Stuttgart she will have a hard time to make points at the net - we saw her in CEV cup last season against Asterix as OH, she was far away from the attack efficiency of captain Celine van Gestel. She is pretty good in reception and defense on the other hand.

Maybe Aachen will rely mainly on their new US Opposite?

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Yesterday, 5:17pm

Slighty off-topic: German (at times NT) player Laura Emonts (Weihenmaier) goes from Prostejov (Czech republic) to Olympiacos Piraeus in Greece. While the last club pays well for sure, this is one of the issues of the league: some German players go abroad and (never?) come back, despite the level of the league and some clubs would be adequate for them.