Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Now Marignano and Chieri won their semi final playoff series, so they are both likely to attend A1 - assuming, that Pesaro retires from A1. If not, there is (formally?) a final series scheduled to determine the than only one team to get the last A1 license.

• Now Marignano and Chieri won their semi final playoff series, so they are both likely to attend A1 - assuming, that Pesaro retires from A1. If not, there is (formally?) a final series scheduled to determine the than only one team to get the last A1 license.

If Pesaro retires from A1, it will probably be Filottrano to be re-admitted to A1.

• There was an article featuring an interview with Isabelle Haak published on her federations website in swedish. I translated it for those who are interested in the content. She was questioned about the past season as well as what lies ahead.

You won the scoring title for your team Scandicci, 491 points in 22 games. Why has it gone so well?

- It was not a goal for me. I moved to Italy to come to a league with more balanced games, so that I could evolve. I have obtained a more significant role, has a good coach and excercise on a daily basis with team mates who play in their respective national teams. It´s developing.

What have you learned after two years as a pro?

- To be super-focused on every training, eat the right food so that I am able to focus and perform, and get used to not get praise all the time but be able to take criticism and modify my approach in accordance to the will of the coach.

The italian, daily sportnewspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport compared you with the basketball icon Michael Jordan. How does it feel?

- I have not much knowledge of him, but I do know his carrer he has had a fantastic career, so it feels tremendous.

La Regina de Svezia, "the swedish queen". Where does that nickname come from?

- I do not acctually know, but it was fun when I was in a store and the man in the cashout said: "Ah, the swedish queen".

What do you miss the most from Sweden in Italy?

- The friends at home! Swedish coffee? No, I hardly drank coffee before I traveled aboard and became a pro, and in Italy I have learned to drink the coffee as an italian, espresso.

SOK (Swedish Olympic Comitee) makes a grand investment in front of the olympic games 2024 and 2028, for instance by putting their whole resource team at disposal with physical coaches, nutritionists, media accountants etc...How do you look at it?

- This is of course very positive for swedish volleyball, and especially as far as the womens game are concerned.

How good can the women´s team (Swedish national team) be?

- We are a young team with many players who are professionals abroad, so we can develop and be really good.

Possibly even a medal in the olympic games 2024 and 2028 - if you qualify?

- Yes. First of all, but the long-term goal is to accomplish a place on the podium and receive a medal around the neck.

What do you bring to the national team?

- Experience par excellence. I have been a pro for two years and train with good players every day. It´s developing.

The olympic games 2024 will be held in Paris. You are half-french, your father was a frenchman. How does it feel?

- It will be fun if we become qualified! I have relatives there, for example cousins. The best with Paris? The food, the atmosphere - and the eiffel tower.

Why should I watch your games? (Swedish NT)

- Because volleyball is a nice sport to watch, it happens things all the time and since we are a team that is already playing well.

You have studied the second and third year in high school at a distance. How has it functioned?

- It´s gone well. My mother has helped me and facilitated with the practial things such as cooking, so I have had time left over for homework. Even if it has functioned pretty well to study at a distance it will be nice to graduate.

Will you graduate at a distance, too?

- No. I will do it with my class in Ängelholm, which I went with the first year (of three in total).

You have the volleyball as your profession. If you had not selected it, what would you have choosen for occupation then?

I study social science with a behavioral orientation and is interested in psychology, so maybe psychatrist.

Has the subject of psychology bolstered your ability to evolve as a player?

- I have not done much mental training so far in my career, but it is something which starts to interest me now.

Something you need to work on in particular in your development as an individual and thereby become even better as a volleyball player?

- I could be better to step forward. It´s pretty hierarchial in Italy, and I am pretty young, so I am a bit down in the hierarchy so far.

What goals do you have ahead?

- To arrive hungry when the new season emerge after an intense summer comes to an end, so that we hopefully will interact well with each other when the Champions League matches will be determined. The main objective for our team, Scandicci, I assume will hardly be less than a semifinal in both Champions League as well as Coppa Italia. I want to continue to grow in my team and be able to take more responsibility.

• Does somebody (@Togutt) will Conegliano apply for Wild Card for WCCH nest season??

They really deserve it to go their.

• Does somebody (@Togutt) will Conegliano apply for Wild Card for WCCH nest season??

They really deserve it to go their.

Conegliano declined the last time the offer by FIVB to buy a WC for WCCH for 100.000 Euro. I don't know, why; but in some countries this approach of buying a wildcard for a competition (you have not to pay if you are qualified by titles) is considered at least as half corruptive approach (mainly by FIVB).

• I'm rooting for Angelina Guila. Last year I watched some of her games. She was a good receiver and killer in her team. Zanetti, Grigolo, Enweonwu, Angelina and etc. Here is problem last year when I watched Grigolo was bad at defence and was a bad receiver but her attack was really good. They really have to fight in serie A or they are not enough for doing that if to be honest not sure. Last year Mingardi played well in serie A2 and this year she even get invited from NT.

• I really like Scandicci, they have made very balancs team with two really strong MB duo, Adenizie-Stevanovic both of them can attack and block like crazy, very stabile and good defence OH Bosetti, and next to Haak who is scoring machine they signed Vasileva who is good reciver and great attacker and with all of this names they have great setter as Malinova.

Now coach only needs to find chemistry between them I believe We will watch very good things from this team not only in Seria A but in CL too.

• There is a rumor about Bethania is going to stay in Scandicci, is that true?

I don't think so. Vasileva e Lucia Bosetti will be the OHs and for sure Bethania will not stay to be a sub.

• I really like Scandicci, they have made very balancs team with two really strong MB duo, Adenizie-Stevanovic both of them can attack and block like crazy, very stabile and good defence OH Bosetti, and next to Haak who is scoring machine they signed Vasileva who is good reciver and great attacker and with all of this names they have great setter as Malinova.

Now coach only needs to find chemistry between them I believe We will watch very good things from this team not only in Seria A but in CL too.

I like Scandicci too. If Vasileva comes back in good shape after her injury, this team will be very dangerous even in CL.

• After watching some NT matches Bergamo, Busto and Bisonte made very good transfers. Even though all transfer are not even near to be done because literally We don't know any names for Pomi and Pesaro, Seria A is gone be amazing next year :white:
    With 3 top teams + Monza, Busto, Bisonte made really good teams that can affect at results even against top teams as Scandicci, Conegliano and Novara.

Still their is so many good local players free from Guggi(MB), Bianchini(OPP), Melandri(MB), Bosetti(OH) Di Lulio(OH + sister S),...

• Scandicci's roster is really impressive: Vasileva, Bosetti, Milenkovic, Mitchem and Papa as OH.. they can all be potentially starters.
    Tall blockers and great fire in attack, it is the team that makes me more curious to watch them play.