Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• That.....not only Hande but all the other Turkish are like that..

Guidetti gave a interview saying all these players are told by their agent the best thing to do is to go play for a big club and make money instead of playing for a smaller club and getting the chance to actually play... they are basically all manipulated ...

Hande won`t leave Vitra, especially next season when they will play Champions League.

Unless Guidetti does something and change their mentality and get ride of these stupid agents... Nothing will change... all these young talented Turkish like Hande, Tugla, Erbar, Beya....will all spend their whole career on the bench...

In light of your complaining about Polen, what do you think, what type of player Hande is? Is she the type of player who will be content with lesser role/bench for the chance at bigger pay and/or playing for the title versus one who will cherish the playing experience, even if for less money and for a team with no shot at title (or even for a spot in Champions League)?

• actually take out the top 4 teams,the rest of the teams are great options for local talents to develope..

Hande Baladın : may go to Bursa,Beşiktaş,Nilüfer,Beylikdüzü,Seramiksan,THY,Karayoları even to Galatasaray

same for Ebrar Karakurt,Derya Cebecioğlu,Saliha Şahin,Yasemin Güveli,Merve Atlıer etc..

• I think Vakifbank is chasing for Egonu but I bet they won't accept to spend too much on her. It's a smarter move for them to pay less money to bring Zhang Changning to Vakifbank as receiving opposite, using also a player like Kelsey Robinson, that leaves Zhu without receiving and it will also be good for her to have a friend from the NT. If Vakifbank is sending Kelsey, I bet they will bring someone better, the only name comes to my mind is Kimberly Hill. I don't think they need Meryem. They will most likely play with 3 foreigners in wings and with two local MBs. Ebrar can come in together with Rasic at times.

There should be a silent war going on between Vakifbank and Fenerbahce for Fatma Yildirim. I didnt like her performance at all but both teams can use a local OH in her quality. Vakif doesn't have any local OHs, except youngsters Tugba and Derya. Tugba was terrible this season, so Guidetti might send her on loan. FB also needs a good local OH, they can use either Fatma or Neriman. Damla can be their defensive subsitute and Neriman being the attacking sub.

At GS, I think we will see 1-2 Eczacibasi players moving as a thanks for Gamze's transfer. My first candidate is Hande Baladin, Ataman likes to work with such players. Since Vakifbank confirmed that Buket Gulubay will be Cansu's sub as setter, I guess there should be a war between GS and FB for Cagla. FB certainly needs Cagla so that they can use their foreigners spots for wing attackers. If Antonijevic plays, they might be forced to play with Polen. GS has to find a way to replace Gamze's spot and transfer a good bench setter. I thought Slöetjes was on the way to GS but if Vakifbank can't transfer a better opposite like Egonu, I think they might keep Slöetjes who has a great connection with Cansu. I also won't be surprised to see Leys coming back to GS.

• actually if i were Rasic.. the idea of looking for a new club would make me feel depressed after playing long years for Vakıf

btw...if Eczacı is close to signing setter Gamze..i wonder if Fenerbahçe really pushed for signing her too instead of signing a foreign setter ?

Rasic said herself in several interviews. She wants to play in vakifbak until her retirement. When rasic leaves, i think the only reason is the club finds thew new mb. :lol:

• Kelsey Robinson is not going anywhere. Vakıfbank posted a promotion video with her yesterday on their twitter&instagram account. What's the point if she's leaving next week. So, she stays.

Rasic stays too. According to Volleyball.it and google translate. https://www.volleyball.it/vaki…a-anno-pausa-naz-aydemir/

Who confirmed Buket Gülübay? Cansu does not have a full season behind her as main setter, and you bring in an 19 year old as back-up who was not a starter in youth NT.
    I don't see that happening unless Guidetti is nuts.

• Kelsey Robinson is not going anywhere. Vakıfbank posted a promotion video with her yesterday on their twitter&instagram account. What's the point if she's leaving next week. So, she stays.

Rasic stays too. According to Volleyball.it and google translate. https://www.volleyball.it/vaki…a-anno-pausa-naz-aydemir/

Who confirmed Buket Gülübay? Cansu does not have a full season behind her as main setter, and you bring in an 19 year old as back-up who was not a starter in youth NT.
    I don't see that happening unless Guidetti is nuts.

I have to say vakifbank is best place to work at. If you check the total sets played by each players, it is much less other clubs. Good welfare, high salary, high level of volleyball, and gold medal and honors. :win:

• KRob seems to be perfect for Vakif. She quickly melded into the team and clearly has a good connection with her team mates. She seems content with her limited playing time. Guidetti appears to like her. She has a versatile skill set.

But best of all she is the current social media queen of Club volleyball and she also is a big evangelist for Istanbul and touristy Turkey. She has the personality to be a marketing figure in Istanbul and the exposure playing for Vakif and the USNT is serving her well.

• KRob seems to be perfect for Vakif. She quickly melded into the team and clearly has a good connection with her team mates. She seems content with her limited playing time. Guidetti appears to like her. She has a versatile skill set.

But best of all she is the current social media queen of Club volleyball and she also is a big evangelist for Istanbul and touristy Turkey. She has the personality to be a marketing figure in Istanbul and the exposure playing for Vakif and the USNT is serving her well.

I agree. Robinson really does seem ideal for Vakif. Much better fit than Hill, even though it could be argued Hill is a better player (or at least capable of higher peak).

• Vakıf's libero Gizem Örge's opinions on the final series :" this was the toughest series ive ever played..i was shaking at the last match of the series..im not happy with my performance in the final series"

• WorldOfVolley announced, that Natalia Pereira-Zilio is leaving Fenerbahce and joining Minas in Brazil.

It's already been announced by Minas.

• Will Zhu be a Vakifbank for life? ...Their president wants to sign her for many years.

We gotta remember Zhu came to Turkey because of the level of volleyball and not money.

This season the league is loosing a lot of top players (Natalia,Anne,Carol,Joyce,Maja,Adams,Brinker,Tomkom,Jack...and there`s no word yet if the following will stay? ( Rasic,Sloetjes,Leys,Belien,Nikolova,Rahimova,Malesevic,Kosheleva,Ruseva,Rabadizieva, The Cubans? And some players already turning down Turkish Teams ( Tandara,Veljkovic and maybe Kim?). Thaiza is showing no interest in going back.

That`s weird because all the Italians and Brazilians are already locking in their rosters.

If the level of the league drops Vakifbank will not be able to hold on to Zhu as she could easily move somewhere else.

https://volleymob.com/vakifban…-zhu-ting-for-many-years/

• She doesn't care money, that's why she will earn 1.7 m euros next season :aww: If she leaves Vakifbank, i think she will go other Turkish teams, maybe Dinamo Kazan or rich Chinese clubs.

We already know after next season she will be back China for preparation to Olympics.

• well, its true that some top clubs form Istanbul seem quiet yet you looked too skeptical
    btw..which club offered Tandara precisely and she rejected? im asking just to be informed..her name and Vakıf was being talked but we dont know if Vakıf offered her or not..or maybe Galatasaray for post-Neslihan era ??

• Money is always a factor. The level of volleyball is also a factor, but so is the fact that she’s earning a huge amount of money. And there is nothing wrong with that, professional athletes can only do their job for a limited number of years, especially Asian players it seems, so it makes sense to try and earn as much as possible in that small time period. If you could earn 1.7 million doing a job somewhere that you are happy with, why would you change to do the same job somewhere else for 0.5 million?

As for the level of the league dropping, yeah maybe, we’ll see where the top players end up. But even in the worst case, I’m sure the TL will remain one of the best in the world for some time. We can’t yet say that Italy or Brazil have stronger leagues.

• economic indicators are not good.those indicators were not good last year as well but the top teams of VVSL built strong rosters.
    i dont know if they get weakened in a few years...it may be...i dont know..then they will have to rely on mainly their local players plus one or two good foreigners..
    i think nobody would like Sultanlar Ligi to get weakened

• After a disastrous season with all the investments and the match today against Alba Blaj, I think Ataman should resign on monday or GS should part ways with him. I would like to see another young and ambitious trainer, it is always good with a change since the whole team will be rebuilt anyway. I don't want someone in their 50s, coming to Turkey just to get a fat contract but instead someone who is trying to build his/her career. The only name that comes to my mind is Jamie Morrison, can be exciting and he seems to prove himself with the Dutch NT.

If Ataman stays, the managers working with volleyball in GS should direct him wisely for transfers. This season was a big big mistake and I won't be surprised if he builds a similar team. They should find him 2 defensive OHs and let him apply the best thing he knows to the team, defensive and fast game.