Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• Are there any informations about Skorupa in Galatasary? Or is this just a rumor.

They did not announce Cagla Akin yet, if they do, then Skorupa is definitely not an option. She does not fit into GS's system anyway, will be a disaster for both sides. I hope GS will pay a bit more and transfer Tomkom in case Cagla Akin transfer does not work.

• H

They did not announce Cagla Akin yet, if they do, then Skorupa is definitely not an option. She does not fit into GS's system anyway, will be a disaster for both sides. I hope GS will pay a bit more and transfer Tomkom in case Cagla Akin transfer does not work.

I disagree about Skorupa. She played very good in Pomi and Conegliano. She was bad in Fener and Novara because of her coaches. Both Barbolini and Abbo are very good at underperforming the player. So, i would love to see her with her fast system since Galatasaray was good at it in the past.

• H

I disagree about Skorupa. She played very good in Pomi and Conegliano. She was bad in Fener and Novara because of her coaches. Both Barbolini and Abbo are very good at underperforming the player. So, i would love to see her with her fast system since Galatasaray was good at it in the past.

I also really like her, she was amazing in Pomi.

• Karakurt officially in Vakifbank next season??

I guess she`s starting her journey as a eternal backup .....POLEN 2.0.

With so many teams with low budget she could easily start for any other team....and this would not only be good for her but it would be good for the league as well...not to mention would be so much fun to watch her play.....

Guidetti himself said it is not good for the young players to be sitting on the bench and they should be playing for smaller club and actually be on the court playing...He knows better ...:down: :read: :mad: :thumbdown:

• Since Gözde is not there anymore, Guidetti will play most of the matches with Robinson&Zhu most likely. That's why I expect him to use Ebrar in the league a lot. Also Ebrar has a very bad spiking technique that requires a lot of work. It is better to train under the guidance of Guidetti at such an early age instead of playing full time but training with average trainer and players.

Vakıfbank will be a great mix of youngsters with top foreign players.

Ebrar Karakurt 2000
    Derya Cebecioğlu 2000
    Zehra Güneş 1999
    Buket Gülübay 1999
    Tuğba Şenoğlu 1998
    Cansu Ozbay 1996
    Ayça Aykaç 1996

Since Buket will be the backup setter, Çağla will be transferred to GS probably. It will be a stressful season for Cansu indeed, so I would have kept Cağla as a backup instead of a such a newbie :whistle:

• Buket is not qualified to play for Vakıfbank.
    We saw in VNL, there's a huge gap between Aslıhan and Cansu&Gamze...
    And Aslıhan played last season as a starter for Halkbank, a play-off team in SL.
    İmagine the level of Buket, a first division setter, in addition she's very "old-school", her sets are sky high...

This change will have a huge effect on the quality of the trainings, I think this is more important than Cansu not having a reliable backup...

What's going on with Guidetti, you can't grow an opp, two OHs and a setter at the same time...
    You need some stability especially in the setter position...

• GS won't make more foreign transfer and will play with the following roster according to this news https://www.voleybolplus.com/2…ayacak-takimlar-kuruyoruz;

Çağla Akın - Nur Sevil Aydınlar
    Meryem Boz - Dilara Gedikoğlu
    Hande Baladın - Charlotte Leys (BEL) - Cansu Çetin - Ilkin Aydin
    Aslı Kalaç - Inky Ajanaku (USA) - Melike Nezihe Yılmaz - Su Zent
    Gizem Karadayi - Derya Cayirgan - Buse Kayacan

With a foreign setter like Tomkom, they could have been competitive for CEV Cup maybe for turkish league but with Cagla as a setter, it is not guaranteed that they will be in top 4 in Turkish league :whistle:

• serdar, Su Zent is not in the squad. I think she is replaced with Sinem :)

You are right! Is she going to play with THY again?

• You are right! Is she going to play with THY again?

Yes, she will be there: http://www.voleybolunadresi.co…nt-ile-sozlesme-imzaladi/

I think Besiktas has the most ready squad so far in Turkey now, except top 4 teams. I wonder who will be the receiving OHs in their team though since they only have Humay as an option.

I also like the way Nilufer is going and expect Beylikduzu to build a good team.

Aydin BB is the closest candidate to relegate. It is surprising that their manager (municipality governor) said they would like win a medal in a european competition in 3-4 years.

• Beylikdüzü Voleybol Ihtisas :

Coach : Mehmet Bedestenlioğlu
    Setters : Kelly Hunter
    OPPs : Andrea Drews, Seray Altay
    OHs: Simone Lee, Ceyda Aktaş(also OPP), Buse Melis Kara
    MBs: Ergül Avcı, Sabriye Gönülkırmaz, Ceylan Arısan
    Ls: Melisa Memiş, Simay Kurt

• I think Seray has been playing as OH for a while although she is a lefty, also she has a decent reception.

I am not big fan of Drews but I am happy to hear about the transfer of Lee. And I really like both of the liberos.

Ceyda, Ceylan and Sabriye are from our 'golden generation' 1994-95. While players like Seyma Ercan, Kubra Akman, Asli Kalac, Cagla Akin, Ezgi Dilik improved themselves and find a spot in big teams, this trio's career did not go well. Mehmet Bedestenlioğlu should also transfer Damla Cakiroglu and Ece Hocaoglu to gather all the 'losers' of this generation :lol:

• :rolll: Actually I think Drews is a great pick for this squad as a loser herself I think she fits in great with players like Ceyda, Ceylan, Sabriye etc. :lol: no but in all seriousness I think this squad is filled with a bunch of ladies that haven't been proven themselves at all times even if they are talented. I feel like they could surprise us if they get chemistry. Also Lee and the American setter will be great, mini young team America will be good for the chemistry of the squad. Also I see Seray as OH here rather then Ceyda Aktas btw. If they added Damla Cakiroglu I guess it would be a complete party team with the Americans, Ceylan etc lol they would probably go out more then play volleyball