Arab Champions Cup Volleyball: Two Algerian Clubs are stuck in Egypt

• NC Bejaia and Algiers GSP stuck in Alexandria (Egypt)
    Teams of NC Bejaia and Algiers GSP, were taking part of the Arab champions club cup Egypt 2011 and they are currently in Alexandria (Egypt) could not reach airport from Cairo to Algiers since Monday because of the unrest that Egypt been having for the last 9 days . "We were asked to return to our hotel in Alexandria as the road linking it to Cairo is not secure following the events that the country knows ," said the coatch of NCBejaia Imad Saïdani, in a telephone interview with the "Soummam radio" (an Algerian radio). Coach Bejaoui (GPS) said "we are in good conditions but still fearing some difficulties including being unable to do the exchange, due to the closure of banks Alexandria.
    source: El watan
    the championship Was expected 27 January to 7 February
    till now i don't know anything about other clubs i hope everybody is fine and things will get better in Egypt

• The Algerian government has sent planes to transfer the Algerian Community from Egypt
    the first plane is expected to arrive this evening or tomorrow and the two clubs will be in it! good news (source:Mustapha Kamel)
    PEACE IN EGYPT

• Both teams have arrived home this morning according to the Algerian national radio "everybody is fine" said the players and coaches

So sad for them... ALLAH bless them all!

ALLAH BLESS THE PEOPLE IN EGYPT

• can u give us more information about arabic volleybol leagues, competition system and pictures? for me, i dont know anything about that

• can u give us more information about arabic volleybol leagues, competition system and pictures? for me, i dont know anything about that

well the media coverage of volleyball in arabic countries is very few specially north africans and there is almost no volleyball spectators in the arabian gulf
    but here i can give you some information about the Algerian volleyball league

in women's A1 league we have 10 teams
    1- GROUPEMENT SPORTIF DES PETROLIERS ( GSP ) (the biggest sport club in algeria) N1 volleyball champion in since i remember for men and women :cup:
    2- NACERIA CLUB DE BEJAIA (NCB) N2 in volleyball league
    3- ASSOCIATION SPORTIVE DE LA WILAYA DE BEJAIA (ASWB)
    4- GHALIA SPORTIF DE CHLEF (GSC)
    5- MACHAAL BALADIAT BEJAIA (MBB)
    6- WIDAD ATHLETIC TLEMCEN (WAT)
    7- ETOILE SPORTIVE SETIFIENNE (ESS*)
    8- NADI RIADHI CHLEF (NRC)
    9- ASSOCIATION SPORTIVE DE LA VILLE DE BLIDA (USMB)
    10- JEUNESSE SPORTIVE AZAZGA (JSA)

it s played like any other volleyball league but the ranking will be determined as follows:
    Match won: 02 points
    Match lost: 01 point (i never got that!)
    you can also check FAVB (it's all french)

that's all i get for now i hope it s a bit helpful and I HOPE I CAN GET YOU SOME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ARABIC LEAGUES :)

• yes thanks for info, waiting for more news from you, especially pictures from matches and volleybol players :)