2011 Asian Championships - Chinese Taipei

• 24th point was nice :) Thailand- Korea 2-2 :) 5th set ! Go Kim Yeon-Koung :box:

• Korea won 3-2 :dance6:

The Thai player who mad mistake in last point was smiling after the match :D

• Congrats Korea first for their fight !
    and specially congrats Algeria to go for World Cup 2011 ! the second African team for World Cup.
    Korea shall keep their fingers crossed for Argentina to win the semifianl in South America Championship, then Korea will be counted in...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Final Standings

1. China PR
    -------------- qualified for 2011 World Cup as Asian Champion
    2. Japan
    -------------- qualified for 2011 World Cup as Host

3. * Korea Rep. *
    ----------- yet qualified for 2011 World Cup as Second Best Ranked Asian Team, await for the results of South American Championship

4. Thailand
    ---------------- Top 4 teams are qualified for 2012 London Olympic Games Asian Qualification and World Qualification

5. Chinese Taipei
    ----------------- Top 5 teams are qualified for 2012 World Grand Prix
    6. DPR Korea
    7. Vietnam
    8. Islamic Republic of Iran
    9. Kazakhstan
    10. Australia
    11. India
    12. Sri Lanka
    13. Indonesia
    14. Turkmenstan (withdrawal)

to be me...

Edited once, last by pappi ().

• Individual Awards:

Best scorer: KIM Yeon-Koung (KOR)
    Best spiker: KIM Yeon-Koung (KOR)
    Best blocker: YANG Junjing (CHN)
    Best server: WEI Qiuyue (CHN)
    Best setter: TAKESHITA Yoshie (JPN)
    Best libero: NAM Jie-Youn (KOR)
    MVP: WANG Yimei (CHN)

Congratulations to the best players!

• 5 Asian teams confirmed their 2012 WGP positions

China and Japan are qualified directly to 2012 WGP

According to 2011 Asian Championship final standing, Korea, Thailand and Chinese Taipei are also qualified for 2012 WGP as three other best ranked asian teams...

to be me...

• So FIVB after one year said goodbye to Africa.
    Of course from the beginning Everyone knew that the play-off was for Asia not for African Players to develop Their volleyball skills.
    But now without beating about the bush.

• I read on FIVB site that Chinese Taipei won't play in the World Grand Prix as the Asian Championships 5th Team.

It is ... where are the real rules.

• I read on FIVB site that Chinese Taipei won't play in the World Grand Prix as the Asian Championships 5th Team.

It is ... where are the real rules.

Chinese Taipei will fight for one PO spot against an african team (probably Kenya)...

I re-check the statement from AVC technical meeting held on Sep 15th in Taipei City. it is indicated that "The teams are also to fight for their berths for next years Grand Prix. Japan and China already automatically enter 2012 Grand Prix with other 11 teams squaring off against each other for the other two Grand Prix tickets and the fifth finisher meeting an African team in the playoff matches."

sorry to make you confused...

China, Japan, Korea and Thailand confirmed their position, and Chinese Taipei play for the PO of WGP 2012... :dance6:
    Chinese Taipei could hold more chances to get in next edition of WGP than an african team any way...

to be me...