14-Sep Trinidad & Tobago vs USA

Group C
    12-Sep Dominicana vs Panama
    13-Sep Panama vs Cuba
    14-Sep Cuba vs Dominicana

• I think it is something like that:

Places 7/9
    first game: 3rd team of Group B vs 3rd team of Group C
    Loser of this match will take 9th place and winner will play against 3rd team of Pool A

Quarterfinals
    In quarterfinals will play 1st team of Group C, 2nd team of Group C, 2nd team of Group B and 2nd team of Group A
    (1st team of Group A and 1st team of Group B will go directly to semifinals)

Places 5/6
    Loser of Quarterfinal match #1 vs Loser of Quarterfinal match # 2

Semifinals
    1st team of Group A vs winner of Quarterfinal match #1 (or #2)*
    1st team of Group B vs winner of Quarterfinal match #2 (or #1)

and Finals

* for Quarterfinal and Semifinal it must be avoided that teams from the same group play each other

• 2 best teams like in Men's NORCECA champs will play in WC 2011

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• After Cuba's poor showing at the WGP I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Dominican Republic take the second spot. The USA should be able to take first place without a whole lot of problems, but you never know with DR. It will be interesting to see who ends up making the final roster for the USA and whether Hugh allows the veterans like Bown and Tom to take a rest.

• After Cuba's poor showing at the WGP I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Dominican Republic take the second spot. The USA should be able to take first place without a whole lot of problems, but you never know with DR. It will be interesting to see who ends up making the final roster for the USA and whether Hugh allows the veterans like Bown and Tom to take a rest.

You're right. USA is the clear favorite to win this tournament. I think Cuba, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico all have equal chances to take the 2nd spot on the World Cup, provided these last two have their full rosters available. 2 years ago the competition was super close among all those four teams. Since then, USA obviously rose above the pack.

• But there wasnt a rumor Ruiz and Barros would play this tournament for Cuba?

I dont know in what condition they are, but if they do play can be a help for Cuba.

Anyway....I think is likely that USA and Porto Rico get first places in their groups and advance to semifinals...in that case there is a good chance for Dominican Rep gets USa in semifinal, and like that stay out final....since the tournament is played in Puerto Rico, and we know this tournaments always help the home team....

but never knows, better wait and see what happens :) But I agree if USa play with first team they wont have problems. :)

• Puerto Rico didn't look good all that good at the Pan Am Cup earlier this summer and finished 5th behind USA, DR and Cuba. I'd be VERY surprised to see Puerto Rico qualify ahead of the aforementioned teams. It would be great to see Ruiz and Barros back with Cuba! Has there been any news about Sanchez? Wasn't there news earlier this year that she was busted by the government for planning to defect?

• Nice to see Ruiz and Barrois... maybe Their faces because I don't think that after long break They will represent game from high level. They may play like in Uralochka in the first half of season- ugly.

• Are you sure that Ruiz and Barros will play in this tournament?

• Puerto Rico didn't look good all that good at the Pan Am Cup earlier this summer and finished 5th behind USA, DR and Cuba. I'd be VERY surprised to see Puerto Rico qualify ahead of the aforementioned teams. It would be great to see Ruiz and Barros back with Cuba! Has there been any news about Sanchez? Wasn't there news earlier this year that she was busted by the government for planning to defect?

I think that there was some news about it - but as I remember she was arrested together with Cleger and she was playing in NT, so hard to say what happened

• U.S. Women’s National Team Preliminary Roster for NORCECA Women’s Continental Championship
    # - Name (Position, Height, Hometown, College)
    1 – Kristin Richards (OH, 6-1, Orem, Utah, Stanford)
    2 – Danielle Scott-Arruda (MB, 6-2, Baton Rouge, La., Long Beach State)
    3 - Tayyiba Haneef-Park (Opp, 6-7, Laguna Hills, Calif., Long Beach State)
    4 – Lindsey Berg (S, 5-8, Honolulu, Hawaii, Minnesota)
    5 - Tamari Miyashiro (L, 5-7, Kaneohe, Hawaii, Washington)
    6 - Nicole Davis (L, 5-4, Stockton, Calif., Southern California)
    7 - Heather Bown (MB, 6-3, Yorba Linda, Calif., Hawaii)
    8 - Alisha Glass (S, 6-0, Leland, Mich., Penn State)
    9 - Jennifer Tamas (MB, 6-4, Milpitas, Calif., Pacific)
    10 - Kim Glass (OH, 6-2, Lancaster, Pa., Arizona)
    11 - Jordan Larson (OH, 6-2, Hooper, Neb., Nebraska)
    12 - Nancy Metcalf (Opp, 6-1, Hull, Iowa, Nebraska)
    13 - Christa Harmotto (MB, 6-2, Hopewell, Pa., Penn State)
    14 - Nicole Fawcett (Opp, 6-4, Zanesfield, Ohio, Penn State)
    15 - Logan Tom (OH, 6-1, Salt Lake City, Utah, Stanford)
    16 - Foluke Akinradewo (MB, 6-3, Plantation, Fla., Stanford)
    17 - Mary ‘Nellie’ Spicer (S, 5-9, Barrington, Ill., UCLA)
    18 - Megan Hodge (OH, 6-3, Durham, N.C., Penn State)
    19 - Destinee Hooker (Opp, 6-4, San Antonio, Texas, Texas)

• Puerto Rico Roster

Aury Cruz 1.82 OH
    Vilmarie Mojica 1.77 S
    Sarai Álvarez 1.89 OPP
    Yarimar Rosa 1.88 OH
    Stephanie Enright 1.88 OH
    Amanda Vázquez 1.88 MB
    Shirley Ferrer 1.83 OH/OPP
    Diana Reyes 1.88 MB
    Shara Venegas Lib.
    Alexandra Oquendo 1.89 MB
    Michelle Nogueras 1.82 S
    Pamela Cartagena Lib.

• Why without Ocasio sisters? And why Deborah Seilhamer isn't with team? Except them roster looks quite good.
    btw. Anyone knows roster Dominican Republic?

• In Dominicana will not play Lisvel Eve. She has injured. She have a problem with her knees.

Now, I don't know what the team has Dominicana. How I'll know something, then I'll write.

• In Dominicana will not play Lisvel Eve. She has injured. She have a problem with her knees.

Now, I don't know what the team has Dominicana. How I'll know something, then I'll write.

Thanks for info :flower: Poor Lisvel ;(

• Dominican Republic roster for NORCECA Championships:
    Liberos: Brenda Castillo, Ana Yorkira Binet Stephens
    Setters: Niverka Dharlenis Marte Frica, Karla Miguelina Echenique Medina
    Middle-Blockers: Annerys Vargas Valdez, Cindy Rondon Martinez, Candida Estefany Arias Perez
    Outside-Hitters: Milagros Cabral De La Cruz, Prisilla Rivera Brens, Rossy Dahiana Burgos Herrera
    Opposites: Bethania De La Cruz Da Pena, Sidarka De Los Milagros Nunez

Anyone knows Cuban and Canadian rosters?

Edited 2 times, last by kondzio ().

• Rondon? Maybe Giulia's distant relative XD :woohoo:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Why without Ocasio sisters? And why Deborah Seilhamer isn't with team? Except them roster looks quite good.
    btw. Anyone knows roster Dominican Republic?

I read in Porto Rico federation site that Karina Ocasio is pregnant! She had signed with Criollas Caguas for next season but she wont be able to play it cause of that. So maybe that is why she is not in Nt too.

• USA 12-Player Roster for Norceca

# - Name (Position, Height, Hometown, College)
    4 - Lindsey Berg (S, 5-8, Honolulu, Hawaii, Minnesota)
    6 - Nicole Davis (L, 5-4, Stockton, Calif., Southern California)
    7 - Heather Bown (MB, 6-3, Yorba Linda, Calif., Hawaii)
    8 - Alisha Glass (S, 6-0, Leland, Mich., Penn State)
    9 - Jennifer Tamas (MB, 6-4, Milpitas, Calif., Pacific)
    10 - Kim Glass (OH, 6-2, Lancaster, Pa., Arizona)
    11 - Jordan Larson (OH, 6-2, Hooper, Neb., Nebraska)
    12 - Nancy Metcalf (Opp, 6-1, Hull, Iowa, Nebraska)
    15 - Logan Tom (OH, 6-1, Salt Lake City, Utah, Stanford)
    16 - Foluke Akinradewo (MB, 6-3, Plantation, Fla., Stanford)
    18 - Megan Hodge (OH, 6-3, Durham, N.C., Penn State)
    19 - Destinee Hooker (Opp, 6-4, San Antonio, Texas, Texas)