NORCECA Continental Championship 2011

• Go Lin! Win this competition! :set:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Games played, very predictable scores, except Trinidad managed to steal a set from Canada, which they couldn't in last 4 games, which all Canada won 3-0. huge difference between teams, all games finished +25 or more in small pts...Situation very similar to men's norceca competition. Costarica heavilly trashed but 2 important missings, setter Thompson and regular starter Cope...

PUERTO RICO Vs COSTA RICA 3-0 (25-8 25-12 25-10)
    CANADA Vs TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 3-1 (25-15 28-30 25-22 25-11)
    DOMINICANA Vs PANAMA 3-0 (25-12 25-10 25-15)

• Stats:
    Dominican Republic - Panama P-2 P-3
    Canada - Trinidad & Tobago P-2 P-3
    Puerto Rico - Costa Rica P-2 P-3

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Dzięki kondzio :flower:

Does anyone have a stream to Norceca's matches?

• Silva is back in Cuban team, somebody knows why she wasnt at WGP? and Ruiz and Barros shouldnt play Norceca? happy to see playing Cuban 6-2 again, with Santos and Silie in 6 :heart:

• Results from yesterday:
    Pool A: Costa Rica - Mexico 1:3 (21-25 25-21 11-25 17-25) P-2 P-3
    Pool B: United States - Canada 3:0 (25-19 25-19 25-23) P-2 P-3
    Pool C: Panama - Cuba 0:3 (13-25 15-25 7-25) P-2 P-3

• Hooker has cut her hair, I've seen some picture of yesterday's match vs T&T

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• This is a very screwed up formula (my God, do they have to hire geniuses to come up with those?), once more. So it makes it very difficult to understand. But If I'm not mistaken, Dominican Republic, going as 2nd from group C will have to play USA in the semis, while Cuba, 1st from group C, will face Puerto Rico on the semis, obviously, provided the group C contenders make their way through Canada and Mexico. Is that correct?

If so, then why Dominican Republic is resting their top players? They went against Cuba without Rivera, Cabral and Vargas. Why???

• Ok, now I see I'm mistaken. Official website says Puerto Rico and Cuba moved to the semifinals. USA and Dominican Republic will have to take part in the playoffs. So, dominicans are playing that card, to avoid possibly meeting USA in the semis. Yes. THAT card. Yet again :pinch:

I'm being serious: these disgusting formulas make me wanna stop watching volleyball. This is too sick. :(

• Results from yesterday:
    Pool A: Mexico - Puerto Rico 0:3 (16-25 18-25 26-28 ) P-2 P-3
    Pool B: Trinidad & Tobago - United States 0:3 (14-25 16-25 11-25) P-2 P-3
    Pool C: Cuba - Dominican Republic 3:0 (25-15 29-27 25-22) P-2 P-3

Pools standings (point system in this tournament is really weird :thumbdown: )
    Pool A
    1. Puerto Rico 12
    2. Mexico 6
    3. Costa Rica 3

Pool B
    1. United States 12
    2. Canada 6
    3. Trinidad & Tobago 3

Pool C
    1. Cuba 12
    2. Dominican Reoublic 7
    3. Panama 2

About next matches I'll post later, when on NORCECA's page it'll be announced. I only know that Cuba and Puerto Rico are in semi-finals.

• Quarterfinals

USA vs. Mexico
    Dominican Republic vs. Canada

Semifinals

Puerto Rico vs. Winner of DR/Canada
    Cuba vs. Winner of USA/Mex

• TheUSAFAN, thanks :flower:

• It is very weird formula indeed.

and the potuation? each game has to distribuit 7 points, so 3x0 = 6 points to winner and 1 to loser, 3x1 = 5 points to winner and 2 to loser, 3x2 4 ponts to winner and 3 to loser...hehe That si so many points, Im not used, two games only and teams add 12 points..hehehehehe :P

Looks like this pointing system will also be used in Panamerican Games in Guadalajara in October, lets see.

• Why USA will play quarter final??They have 12 points as Cuba and Portorico...it'is for the points ratio??