NORCECA Continental Championship 2011

• So for Europe only 5 so 3 places are, only TOP 2 from Euro will get the places.

• according to 2011 WGP spot allocation experience,

4 CEV + 4 AVC + 3 NORCECA + 2 CSV + + 2 WC + 1 PO

according to AVC Executive meeting on Sep 15, China and Japan have qualified for WGP 2012 automatically, plus the other two top ranked teams in 2011 Asian Volleyball Championship (totally 4 spots)
    Brazil, Dominiacan Republic, United States, Cuba and Argentina are qualified from 2011 Panamerican Cup (totally 5 spots)

European Championship (4 spots)
    Wild Card (2 spots) - probably for Poland and another american team
    Play Off (1 Spot) - probably for africa and asia team

Puerto Rico is still a question for their qualification....

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Puerto Rico has already qualified for 2012 I can assure you that.

This is from the regulations of the Pan Am Cup

NOTE: Qualification Process to the 2012 FIVB World Grand Prix
    From NORCECA: If eight NORCECA teams participate in the 2011 X Women’s Pan American Cup, the four top placing NORCECA teams in the final ranking of the event will automatically qualify to the 2012 FIVB World Grand Prix. If less than eight NORCECA teams participate in the 2011 X Women’s Pan American Cup, only the three (3) top placing NORCECA teams in the final ranking of the event will qualify to the 2012 FIVB World Grand Prix.

8 teams participated in the Pan Am Cup this year. Therefore, as the 4th top placing team, Puerto Rico is qualified.

Brazil (Automatic Wild Card due to commercial contract)
    Argentina (Top CSV finisher, minimum of 4 CSV teams needed to participate (Chile, Argentina, Peru, Brazil)
    Dominican Republic (NORCECA 1st)
    USA (NORCECA 2nd)
    Cuba (NORCECA 3rd)
    Puerto Rico (NORCECA 4th, minimum of 8 NORCECA teams needed to participate (Cuba, USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobabo, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Canada)

• thanks for your kind explanation, its clear to me now.....
    so there will be six teams from america participating next edition of WGP

do you know how the wild card and PO will be awarded ?

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• For those interested the final between DR and USA will be streamed live at 8 P.M. local time (Puerto Rico)
    http://www.justin.tv/copaamericana#/w/1778607408

• Linsdey Berg was the best setter of the NORCECA and Logan Tom the best server XD :obey:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Individual awards:
    MVP: Bethania De la Cruz (DOM)
    Best Scorer: Sarah Pavan (CAN)
    Best Spiker: Yanelis Santos (CUB)
    Best Blocker: Marisa Field (CAN)
    Best Server: Logan Tom (USA)
    Best Setter: Lindsay Berg (USA)
    Best Digger: Brenda Castillo (DOM)
    Best Receiver: Brenda Castillo (DOM)
    Best Libero: Brenda Castillo (DOM)
    Eugenio George Award: Coach Hugh McCutcheon (USA)

Final standings:
    1. United States
    2. Dominican Republic
    3. Cuba
    4. Puerto Rico
    5. Mexico
    6. Canada
    7. Trinidad and Tobago
    8. Costa Rica
    9. Panama

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• For real? MVP is Dela Cruz? With due respect to her and the rest of the DR girls, It would have been more justifiable to give the MVP award from the champion team..girls like Hooker or Tom or Berg who are equally deserving if not more. I am sorry but this is my honest opinion, every time I see Dominican Republic in a tournament I always associate them with cheating or what...Maybe has to do with the previous allegations associated with their Volleyball federation.

But anyway the real goal of the USA team was to get that World Cup slot and they did it ending the tournament as the championships while not losing even a single set the whole tourney.

Congrats USA!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• For real? MVP is Dela Cruz? With due respect to her and the rest of the DR girls, It would have been more justifiable to give the MVP award from the champion team..girls like Hooker or Tom or Berg who are equally deserving if not more.

Competition regulations state that the MVP will be awarded to the player from among the finalists that has the highest scored points throughout the tournament.

Also, the libero will be eligible for MVP if she sweeps all related awards (Libero, digger, receiver)

Based on this, MVP would have been either De La Cruz or Castillo.

Personally, I think they could do a better job determining the criteria for the award.

• Yesterday results:
    Places 5th-6th
    Canada - Mexico 1:3 (25-22 23-25 18-25 22-25) P-2 P-3
    Places 3rd-4th
    Cuba - Puerto Rico 3:0 (25-20 25-15 25-21) P-2 P-3
    Final
    United States - Dominican Republic 3:0 (25-15 25-23 25-18 ) stats weren't announced

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().