South American Championship 2011

• its good that asian teams have got the full vacancies for WC...

Argentina would win over Peru, that is what we could imagine when we watched what ARG had performed to us...they deserve this win and peru deserve the failure...hope they could bring us something refreshing when they face the big Brasil.

Korea is better than Argentina anyway, at least for the past win/loss records and even in WGP this year...so i am happy with this conclusion..

for the wild cards, it is rumors that Russia and Cuba have secured their positions in advance...although i believe that Poland might have bigger possibility to be in than the double WCH champion.

IMO, if FIVB would like to keep it fair...Argentina and Russia could be the winners for the wild card...better than Cuba and Poland

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• favourites for the Wild Cards

1st level
    Italy - WC defending champion
    Russia - double WCh champion
    Argentina - South America Vice Champion mostly (with lower world ranking on Jan 15th)
    if Argentina wins the continental final, then Korea takes this place.

2nd level
    Poland - no reasons
    Cuba - 3rd of Norceca
    Thailand - 4th of Asia
    Turkey - semi finalist of Europe

to be me...

• Brazil beat Argentina in straight sets. 25-10, 25-07, 25-17 and won its 17th South American title.

• congrats Brazil for continuing creating its volleyball history in continental championship.

also congrats Korean ladies win their position finally in WC..

to be me...

• Final Standings

1. Brazil ※ qualified for World Cup Tournament in Japan
    2. Argentina
    3. Peru
    4. Colombia
    5. Uruguay
    6. Chile
    7. Paraguay

Individual Awards

MVP: Sheilla Castro (BRA)
    Best Scorer: Madelaynne Montaño (COL)
    Best Spiker: Marianne Steinbrecher (BRA)
    Best Blocker: Fabiana Claudino (BRA)
    Best Server: Lorena Zuleta (COL)
    Best Digger: Lucia Gaido (ARG)
    Best Setter: Elena Keldibekova (PER)
    Best Receiver: Vanessa Palacios (PER)
    Best Libero: Fabi Oliveira (BRA)

to be me...

• I didnt see the matches so I cant comment, but for what I read, no one understands why the mvp award didnt go to JAqueline, that she was the best brasilian player in the tournament.

• I didnt see the matches so I cant comment, but for what I read, no one understands why the mvp award didnt go to JAqueline, that she was the best brasilian player in the tournament.

perhaps because the officials are all sheilla fans... :dance6: :rolll: :lol:

seriously though, jacqueline shined many times but there are times when she struggled especially in reception. not to mention her errors against Colombia... it's nice to see her in better shape though... 8)

• I've only seen clips of Montano which were impressive but after just watching her attack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiw1FwEoGr4 16-24 in the first set I think she may be the best female athlete in volleyball right now. The commentators said she can spike touch 335cm!!!!