2011 Pan American Games - Mexico, Guadalajara

• Guadalajara, the second biggest city in Mexico to hold this edition of Panamerican Game, the organiser Mexico directly qualifies for the Womens Volleyball Tournament plus the top ranked teams in 2010 edition of Panamerican Cups to complete this game.

automatic qualified - Mexico (Host)
    South America - Brazil, Peru
    NORCECA - United States, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Canada

Pools

Pool A: Brasil, Cuba, Domnican Republic, Canada
    Pool B: Mexico, United States, Puerto Rico, Peru

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• American Preliminary Roster

Outside Hitters: Alix Klineman, Angela Forsett, Cynthia Barboza, Keao Burdine
    Setters: Carli Lloyd, Courtney Thompson
    Middle Blockers: Christa Harmotto, Jessica Jones, Lauren Gibbemeyer
    Opposites: Julian Faucette, Cassidy Lichtman
    Libero: Tamari Miyashiro

• American Preliminary Roster

Outside Hitters: Alix Klineman, Angela Forsett, Cynthia Barboza, Keao Burdine

I like this team :thumbsup: but I'm sad that Blair Brown missed out the list ;( Do you know anything about it?.

• Can you tell us a bit more about Keao Burdine, Jessica Jones, Lauren Gibbemeyer and Cassidy Lichtman?

Are they still in college or already playing in some professional league?

• Can you tell us a bit more about Keao Burdine, Jessica Jones, Lauren Gibbemeyer and Cassidy Lichtman?

Are they still in college or already playing in some professional league?

Lauren Gibbemeyer, 6'3'' (191 cm) and Cassidy Lichtman 6'1''(1.85-6cm) are just out of college and will be playing their first year pro with Toyota Auto Body Queenseis in Japan and BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała in Poland for 2011/12. Lauren is tall but very quick on the attack (mainly the slide). Lichtman can play everything. She was a setter and outside hitter in college.

Keao Burdine 6'1'' (1.86cm) has played professionally in Puerto Rico and has played beach volleyball. She is a very good all-around player, she receives serve very well and is very quick around the court. She is playing with Tyumen in the Russian league for 2011/12

• No Crimes in USA roster :what:

I don't understant the formula of qualification to Panamerican games why Argentina and Colombia cannot participate? If it depends on top ranking teams from the previous team as it is written, how a country which has not participated the previous one can have a chance to participate? :what:

And one more question, what is the importance of this competition why USA would play with their reserve team :whistle:

• Jessica Jones played last year in Austria together with Crimes, Thompson, Miyashiro and Forsett. I think she is a quite good player, tall, good blocker and middle hitter.

Lauren Gibbemeyer, 6'3'' (191 cm) and Cassidy Lichtman 6'1''(1.85-6cm) are just out of college and will be playing their first year pro with Toyota Auto Body Queenseis in Japan and BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała in Poland for 2011/12. Lauren is tall but very quick on the attack (mainly the slide). Lichtman can play everything. She was a setter and outside hitter in college.

Keao Burdine 6'1'' (1.86cm) has played professionally in Puerto Rico and has played beach volleyball. She is a very good all-around player, she receives serve very well and is very quick around the court. She is playing with Tyumen in the Russian league for 2011/12

Thanks guys! :flower:

I don't understant the formula of qualification to Panamerican games why Argentina and Colombia cannot participate? If it depends on top ranking teams from the previous team as it is written, how a country which has not participated the previous one can have a chance to participate? :what:

And one more question, what is the importance of this competition why USA would play with their reserve team :whistle:

I dont know much about the qualification...

but the importance of the Panamerican Games is very low..hehehehe In theory it is like an Olympic Games but for countries in America, but the truth is that the biggest athletes dont give much importance to it, specailly americans and canadians. Brasilians depende a lot, 4 years ago the games were played in Rio, so of course brasilians gave a lot importance, but this year for example the male volleyball team wont go with main force. Not even coach Bernardinho will go. The women team in other hand is going complete. Cause acording to Zé Roberto we dont win that tournament for a long time...(2003, we went with C team and lost, 2007 we went with first team but lost to Cuba in final after leading fourth set, and be winning tie break 13x11! Seems a curse to Zé to loose winning matches..)

• Alix Klineman, Angela Forsett, Cynthia Barboza, Keao Burdine

Do u know if this is oficial news? Cause I wanted to put in my blog ^^

sorry i didnt write too much about the details...there is no qualifications for the Pan games, like All Africa and Asia Games...

there will be a general evaluation procedure of the teams who were applying to participate in this tournament based on the results of 2010 Copa Panamericana and the FIVB world rankings (but i have no idea which edition and in which year of WR to follow for this evaluation)

hope it would be helpful for you :cheesy:

to be me...

• Joana, do you know Ze's roster ?

btw official website of tournament : http://www.guadalajara2011.org.mx.

twitter page: http://twitter.com/#!/Guadalajara2011

As fasr as I know only Bernardinho released the list of players so far, not Zé Roberto...yet, but he already said we are going with main team, so I think wont be much different from South american, maybe Paula coming back. Ill look for more infos and let u know. ;)

• Schedule:

Pool A
    15/10 - 15h - Cuba x Canada
    15/10 - 20h - Brasil x Dominican Rep
    16/10 - 15h - Cuba x Dominicana Rep
    16/10 - 20h - Brasil x Canada
    17/10 - 14h - Dominican Rep x Canada
    17/10 - 17h - Brasil x Cuba

Pool B
    15/10 - 13h - USA x Porto Rico
    15/10 - 18h - Mexico x Peru
    16/10 - 13h - USA x Peru
    16/10 - 18h - Porto Rico x Mexico
    17/10 - 12h - Peru x Porto Rico
    17/10 - 19h - USA x Mexico

The best of each group advance already to semifinals, 2º and 3º plays playoffs games.

• according to Ze Roberto's words, Paula will be back to replace Sassa for Pan Games. the rest 11 players will be the same with South American Championship.

S - Dani, Fabiola
    OP - Sheilla, Tandara
    OH - Mari, Jaque, Fe Garay, Paula
    MB - Fabiana, Thaisa, Juciely
    L - Fabi

to be me...