2011 Pan American Games - Mexico, Guadalajara

• It was great match thank you both teams

:drink:

Congrats to Brazil :flower:

Cuba - Brazil : 2-3 (15-25, 25-21, 21-25, 25-21, 10-15) - Sts

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Congrtas to Brazil and Cuba. Well, I liked Cuba in the final, Cuba still is very dangerous. About Brazil - well, I didn't see any special, but for the moment this is the most strong team in the world (only my opinion) and I hope they will improve their game to the "special" one "))))

Thaisa, Fabiana, Fe Garay :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Best Players from the final statistics in Pan website

Best Scorer - Bethania De La Cruz (DOM)
    Best Spiker - Yoana Palacios (CUB)
    Best Blocker - Fabiana Claudino (BRA)
    Best Server - Giselle Silva (CUB)
    Best Digger - Brenda Castillo (DOM)
    Best Setter - Danielle Lins (BRA)
    Best Receiver - Kenia Carcases (CUB)
    Best Libero - Vannesa Palacois (PER)

Individual awards

MVP: Yoana Palacios (CUB);
    Best Scorer: Bethania De la Cruz (DOM);
    Best Spiker: Yoana Palacios (CUB);
    Best Blocker: Lauren Gibbemeyer (USA);
    Best Server: Gyselle Silva (CUB);
    Best Setter: Danielle Lins (BRA);
    Best Receiver: Brenda Castillo (DOM);
    Best Digger: Brenda Castillo (DOM);
    Best Libero: Brenda Castillo (DOM).

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Thanks, pappi.

I believe the list from the pan am cup is only based up to yesterday's matches and the individual awards here are the updated ones.

• pls. post some replay links for Brazil vs Cuba match. I missed it thanx :wavy:

• Best Players from the final statistics in Pan website

Best Receiver: Brenda Castillo (DOM);
    Best Digger: Brenda Castillo (DOM);
    Best Libero: Brenda Castillo (DOM).

Brenda Castillo continues to win all important individual awards!!!!!

• Congratulations to Brazil! This win really has to ease the pain of the loss in 2007. They didn't always play well throughout the match but they played well when it mattered. Fernanda Garay continues to impress with her performances coming off the bench. Fabiana is also in fantastic shape right now and I hope to see that continue going into the World Cup.

I'm happy to see Cuba get things together and become more competitive. The international volleyball scene hasn't been the same without them. They still have a very young team but they showed a lot of heart and they really pushed Brazil. Hopefully, they can continue this momentum and improvement that they've shown and are able to qualify for the Olympics at the NORCECA qualification tournament. Gyselle Silva has really emerged as a force to be reckoned with.

Congrats to the USA for the bronze medal! Great opportunity for them to experience an intense atmosphere and gain experience at the international level.

• Thanks, pappi.

I believe the list from the pan am cup is only based up to yesterday's matches and the individual awards here are the updated ones.

but dear, seems FIVB made a big mistake again....

http://200.57.183.69/ENG/VO/VOR185A_VOW400400@@@@@@@@ENG.htm

normally Pan American Games, All African Games and Asian Games share the same information publication system with Olympic Games....where the info shall be posted very soon in no time and maintain the contents are accurate completely....

take Fabiana's block record for example....she had 22 kill blocks during totally 19 sets...and her block per set shall = 22/19 = 1.16 (the same with what shows in Pan Games Website)
    in the fianl, fabiana had 2 blocks...if the info based on the day before.....her ratio shall be like 20/14 = 1.43, even higher than today...

what i mentioned the above is trying to tell our friends in this forum that FIVB made another mistake this time....well maybe also the organisor of Pan Games made a big joke....

INDIVIDUAL AWARDS SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO THESE PLAYERS

Best Players from the final statistics in Pan website

Best Scorer - Bethania De La Cruz (DOM)
    Best Spiker - Yoana Palacios (CUB)
    Best Blocker - Fabiana Claudino (BRA)
    Best Server - Giselle Silva (CUB)
    Best Digger - Brenda Castillo (DOM)
    Best Setter - Danielle Lins (BRA)
    Best Receiver - Kenia Carcases (CUB)
    Best Libero - Vannesa Palacois (PER)

to be me...

• I think it is indeed weird that the Pan Am website and FIVB have different statistics. :wall:

Here is the FIVB list which is consistent with the Individual Awards you posted (in blue)

http://assets.usoc.org/assets/…1/50632/Bulletin_No_7.pdf

• To be fair, the FIVB has very little control over the Pan Am Games website and the actualization of the information. They've done a pretty diligent job of releasing the updated stats via the NORCECA homepage, which they have full control over. Here is the link to the daily bulletin that they've been releasing and it shows the stats as they should be, with the the correct blocking figures for Fabiana in particular. Stats

• To be fair, the FIVB has very little control over the Pan Am Games website and the actualization of the information. They've done a pretty diligent job of releasing the updated stats via the NORCECA homepage, which they have full control over. Here is the link to the daily bulletin that they've been releasing and it shows the stats as they should be, with the the correct blocking figures for Fabiana in particular. Stats

ok, i see this is obviously the stats on the day before the final day....

De la cruz had 25 pts in the bronze medal match....totally 125 pts....but here only shows her 100 pts...although she has been named the best scorer before the last round games.
    fabina has 20 blocks in 14 sets, her ratio was 1.42.....but after the final day...fabiana has 22 kill blocks in total per 19 sets....it should be like 1.16

what a mess....lets try to calculate gibbemeyer to see the results then...

to be me...

• gibbemeyer added 5 kill blocks in 4 set game in bronze medal match....she had 22 kill blocks

it means the link below is correct...

http://assets.usoc.org/assets/documents/…lletin_No_7.pdf

and the individual awards posted on FIVB homepage is correct...

Pan Games website did not update USA's data...quite weird...even DR's data has beeen updated in time...

to be me...