2013 U18 Pan American Cup - Guatemala

• First match on top for Dominican Republic over Brazil 3-1.

Brazillian coach Thomas keeps doing mistakes :wall: this is obviously not the best generation we could have, but the team is unorganized and has no cohesion. The MB are short and uneffective and Lorenne (the OPP), is not reliable, despite being strong. The really good thing of this team is the OH Drussyla (amazing player, watch her out!). Also, congrats to Dominican Republic, who has a good team!

For our coach: :down: :down: :down:

• Brazillian coach Thomas keeps doing mistakes :wall: this is obviously not the best generation we could have, but the team is unorganized and has no cohesion. The MB are short and uneffective and Lorenne (the OPP), is not reliable, despite being strong. The really good thing of this team is the OH Drussyla (amazing player, watch her out!). Also, congrats to Dominican Republic, who has a good team!

For our coach: :down: :down: :down:

GuiBrazil, I didn't know nothing about U18 volleyball. What's the best South American team? Is Argentina?

• Last results
    Chile 3X1 Colombia (25-22, 22-25, 26-24, 25-16)
    Peru 3X0 Guatemala (25-8, 25-12 y 25-14)
    Brazil 3X0 Argentina (27-25, 25-21, 25-19)
    Puerto Rico 3X2 Dominican Republic (25-19, 25-23, 19-25, 15-25, 15-9)

Next matches
    7th place
    Guatemala X Colombia
    5th place
    Chile X Peru
    3rd place
    Argentina X Dominican Republic
    Final
    Brazil X Puerto Rico

• Brazil won 3x2 against Porto Rico! Gongrats to the girls! Laís (libero) got the MVP, best digger and libero. Laiza got the best blocker award! Even tough, I´m not really satisfied with the work that has been made at the youth category. Too many short players with no projection for the Adult team whreas players like Amanda (1,89), Marina (1,92) and Karol (1,87) benching... from the ones who where playing this final match, only Drussyla (the go-to hitter) and Lais are really promissing...

• 1. Brazil
    2. Puerto Rico
    3. Dominican Republic

Best Players:
    MVP: Lais (BRA)
    Scorer: Melo (CHL)
    Attacker: Sotomayor (CHL)
    Blocker: Laiza (BRA)
    Service: Sotomayor (CHL)
    Setter: Rivera (PUR)
    Defense: Lais (BRA)
    Reception: Valle (PUR) (she looks like Aurea Cruz :lol: )
    Libero: Lais (BRA)

• Congrats to Brazil NT! :cup: :woohoo:

I expect a great future for you, girls. Never give up!

Thailand here we go! :super:

Other results
    Colombia 3X0 Guatemala (25-18, 25-14, 25-13)
    Chile 3X2 Peru (16-25, 25-14, 17-25, 25-16, 16-14)
    Dominican Republic 3X1 Argentina (25-16, 25-17, 20-25, 25-22)

• Brazil won 3x2 against Porto Rico! Gongrats to the girls! Laís (libero) got the MVP, best digger and libero. Laiza got the best blocker award! Even tough, I´m not really satisfied with the work that has been made at the youth category. Too many short players with no projection for the Adult team whreas players like Amanda (1,89), Marina (1,92) and Karol (1,87) benching... from the ones who where playing this final match, only Drussyla (the go-to hitter) and Lais are really promissing...

Well, to be honest Amanda started the game and made some silly mistakes therefore Gabi came to play. Lana replaced Lorenne who was doing a bad game. Karol came to play as well but she didn't do it right.

I can understand the whole "taller players should be more invested" but at the same time maybe it's not what CBV wants and the blame is not all on Thomas. Maybe CBV wants to win the championship no matter what therefore Thomas will play with players who are ready right now. If I'm being honest if we kept the tallest players yestarday (Lorenne and Amanda) we would've lost the championship.

Here and there when I talk to the coaches I hear some saying national team should be the one focusing on the tallest players and helping them in order to make it through but at the same time I heard some coaches saying clubs should do that because NT will call what they have as it's best.

I say it's more about what CBV (Ary Graça) wants. Remember some years ago he said "youth and junior team MIGHT have a tall setter"? Coaches then kept Dani Lins, Ana Tiemi and Betina. So if CBV wants, yes, the tallest players will have priority but if CBV wants only to win championship and as a brazilian you know how things works here because we only want titles, then best players right now will make it through no mater if they are short or not.

• Here should be good place.

New Power is rising in CAZOVA zone.

Martinique won Junior Caribbean Championship Gold Medal. The Team beat in round robin phase and in Final Trinidad & Tobago.