2014 South American Club Championship

• When: 5-9 February of 2014
    Where: Osasco, São Paulo, Brazil

Molico/Nestlé is already qualified as host, but another brazilian team will join the competition (the winner of Brazilian Cup, which will happen next week). If Molico wins the cup, the 2nd best team will be selected. The winner of south american club championship will compete at the world championship next May.
    I don't know about the other teams that will compete and there is no news about broadcasts.

• Boston College grabbed a ticket by winning unbeaten chileans league for the very first time.

Major goal at the South American Championship is to keep the 3rd place reached in the last season.

• According to CBV, Molico/Nestlé and Sesi-SP will join the competition. So, after a final at Brazilian Cup, they still have to play another match to decide clearly :roll: who's going to the WCC. Maybe, after Superliga, they should play again in order to make sure who deserves the spot. :wacko: And also before the WCC. Who knows? Maybe we will still have doubts. :dance4:
    Rivalry put aside, I'm rooting strongly for Molico/Nestlé.

• According to CBV, Molico/Nestlé and Sesi-SP will join the competition. So, after a final at Brazilian Cup, they still have to play another match to decide clearly :roll: who's going to the WCC. Maybe, after Superliga, they should play again in order to make sure who deserves the spot. :wacko: And also before the WCC. Who knows? Maybe we will still have doubts. :dance4:
    Rivalry put aside, I'm rooting strongly for Molico/Nestlé.

??
    Molico plays as a host team, Sesi as the best team form Brazilian Cup (since Osasco won it and is hosting, they decided to put one more team into the competition, what's wrong with that?). Last year no one gave Unilever a free ticket to WCC, despite the opponents in the South American tournament. The qualification process for SACC was the Brazilian Cup. Last year it was Brazilian Champion. These are the rules. Not sure where do you see the problem. ?( I'm glad they decided to send Sesi too.

• Sesi? Why not also invite amil and uniliver im sure those 2 would give osasco a better match :roll:

Oh yeah, Uni gave Sasi hell of a match in the semis :roll: same goes for Amil vs. Osasco. Tournament starts in two weeks, and Uni MAYBE will get into shape in April.

• Yeah and sesi who is in 6th place (a very wonderful achievement) will get to play against osasco :roll:

They've played in the final and they've beaten Unilever along the way. Deal with it :roll:

• ??
    Molico plays as a host team, Sesi as the best team form Brazilian Cup (since Osasco won it and is hosting, they decided to put one more team into the competition, what's wrong with that?). Last year no one gave Unilever a free ticket to WCC, despite the opponents in the South American tournament. The qualification process for SACC was the Brazilian Cup. Last year it was Brazilian Champion. These are the rules. Not sure where do you see the problem. ?( I'm glad they decided to send Sesi too.

In 2013, Peru hosted the competition and didn't get any extra spot. I just think, if a rule works for a country that should work for the other.

I also agree with iceman. Superleague is way more important than Brazilian Cup as we all know. Be 2nd here means nothing compared with being 1st there.
    My point is why CBV has changed the rule? Of course our continental championship will happen before Superleague is over, but that's not a big deal. All teams currently playing Champions League were winners in the last season not this season. You don't need to change the rules because of that.
    The fact is that Brazilian Cup turned back after a huge break. They decided to broadcast on TV Globo and needed to make it important in order to get a better audience. That's why Sportv and Globo narrators and commentators keep on saying 100,000 times during the match that Brazilian Cup will grant a spot at the South American Championship. A free translation is 'watch it because it's important'.
    I can understand their behaviour. It's a TV and they need to make people think watching their programme is worthwhile, but I don't think we need to buy this idea. If we decide on picking 2 teams to represent Brazil in the South American Championship we can't ignore the current champs.
    What's Brazilian Cup? A weekend competition. It's so not important compared with Superliga that Superliga started on November and will finish off months then, while Brazilian Cup is a three-days competition. Who's the 2nd at Brazilian Cup? They beat Unilever, but what they really won? If this championship had started 2 weeks ago, they wouldn't have beat Banana Boat. If this had started 2 months ago, maybe Pinheiros could have been the champs. It's a weekend tournament, only this. I really can't figure out any other federation sending the 2nd at their Cup, instead of the winner of the League. That's exclusive from Brazil. :D

• As I remember last year one team didn't even make it to the SACC tournament, so instead of 6 teams we got 5. I have no idea why CBV changed the rules this season, but apparently they got 2 spots this year. I don't see anything unusual in this situation, I'm used to it here in Europe. What they SHOULD do is play Brazilian Cup first, then select the host, not the other way round. That would make sense. But CBV isn't known for bright thinking, so they had to complicate things. They did everything the way they did, I accepted it and I really don't see a problem with Sesi taking part in the tournament. It's just how things work, at least from what I saw all these years. I never said that Superleague is less important than Brazilian Cup.
    And no, I'm not a fan of the change CBV made (with Brazilian Cup), I liked it better last year, but since everyone knew the rules beforehand, I just don't see the point in dwelling over this. It doesn't matter who would won 2 months ago or who would win in May. It was played last week and that's all that matters. And by no means I am a fan of CBV, Sesi or Osasco. I wanted Uni in the final, cos I was sure that with Osasco as host, the second team will go to SACC anyway. Not because they are league's champions, but because of being runner-up in the Brazilian Cup. Yes, being a runner-up normally gives you nothing, this year it was different. I understand your point of view better now, but still I believe that there are things you cannot do anything about, except accept them and move on. Yes, I would love to see Uni in Zurich, as I probably will be going to the tournament again, but you don't always get what you wish for.

• wouldnt it be some ironic shit that sesi goes into the finals of the cup and the paulista championships but finishes 5th place below in the brazilian league? :whistle: :roll: while on the other hand a team like pinheiros gets into the final 4 :cheesy: :super:

• I think just shows a good level of the brazilian league in terms of being balanced. Of course in theory Osasco, Unilever na Amil are better....but not like they are aloud to make bad games...a bad moment will definitely take them to a loss...against whoever they are playing.

• Well, it would be ironic, but Pinheiros had their chance at the Brazilian Cup and also at the Paulista championship, the same tournaments in which Sesi went to the finals.
    By the way, Pinheiros had beaten Campinas twice this season, and Sesi had lost to Praia earlier in December, so you would imagine Pinheiros would have a better opportunity at the quarterfinals of Brazilian cup, right? If they didn't use their chance and this retrospective, that's their problem, Sesi only did what they had to do.

• 1 game doesnt mean anything :lol:

hummm...so Brazilian Superleague doesn't mean anything once the finals are finished after one game.
    If a team wins the finals, it doesn't mean they actually deserved it. OKAY!

• You forgot i already behaved you know im in a peaceful mode now :)

"we should cherish the love we have, we should cherish the life we live, cherish the love, cherish the life cherish the love we had"

• You forgot i already behaved you know im in a peaceful mode now :)

You edited your post before I could even see... ;)

• It's possible we'll have 8 teams at the South American Club Championship, but we must expect something official to state this because some teams face hardships and may not be able to come. If it happens, the participating countries are Argentina (1), Brazil (2), Bolivia (1), Chile (1), Colombia (1), Peru (1) and Venezuela (1). The 8 teams will be split into 2 pools with 4 teams each and the best from each pool will play the final.