São Paulo Cup 2014

• The competition features 6 teams split into two groups of 3.
    Uniara/AFAV, based in Araraquara, hosts pool A while Concilig-Vôlei Bauru, based in Bauru, will host pool B.
    The preliminary round will be on from August 1 to August 3. The best team from each pool play a final match on August 26 in São Paulo.

Pool A
    Uniara/AFAV
    Sesi/SP
    São Bernardo
    Pool B
    Concilig-Vôlei Bauru
    EC Pinheiros
    São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano

Schedule
    7pm - Pinheiros vs Vôlei Bauru
    7.30pm - Uniara vs São Bernardo
    6pm - São Bernardo vs Sesi
    7pm - São Caetano vs Pinheiros
    7pm - Vôlei Bauru vs São Caetano
    8pm - Sesi vs Uniara

A little talk on Bauru is worthile since I think they can go through Superliga B this year and are the favourites to grab a spot at Superliga A next season.
    For the upcoming season, the team hired 7 athletes to make things look up: Soninha (São Bernardo), Ingrid Felix (Molico), Camila Torquette (Praia Clube), Ana Paula Guth (Uniara), Bárbara Orthmann (Blumenau), Fernanda de Souza Melo (Rio do Sul) and Aline Antunes (Pinheiros).

Concilig-Vôlei Bauru may take on Sesi-SP on July 30 in a friendly match as a warm-up for the competition.

• São Caetano has played a friendly against Brazil's military team who features pro players.

São Caetano is in preparation for São Paulo Cup while the military team is in preparation for the 15th World Military Women's Volleyball Championship to be held in Rio de Janeiro (August 3-11).

São Caetano 3X1 Brazil (25-15, 25-20, 21-25, 25-22)
    Extra set: Brazil 15-08 São Caetano
    Best scorer: Sabrina (20 points)

Sanca
    S: Carol
    OHs: Silvana and Thaisinha
    Opp: Sabrina
    MBs: Dani Suco and Mara
    L: Nine
    Subs: Mariana Galon, Saraelen, Raquel, Amabilie, Erika and Flávia

Brazil
    S: Ana Cristina
    OHs: Dayse and Michele
    Opp: Renatinha
    MBs: Valeskinha and Natasha
    L: Verê
    Subs: Camila Adão, Bruna and Verê

• After the Preliminar Round, it's all systems go for the final. :super:

Group A
    Uniara/AFAV 2X3 São Bernardo (22-25, 22-25, 25-19, 25-17, 8-15)
    São Bernardo 1X3 Sesi (20-25, 27-25, 17-25, 21-25)
    Sesi 3X0 Uniara/AFAV (25-22, 25-14, 25-18 )

Group B
    EC Pinheiros 3X1 Vôlei Bauru (25-22, 20-25, 25-21, 25-18 )
    São Caetano 1X3 EC Pinheiros (18-25, 25-13, 18-25, 23-25)
    Vôlei Bauru 0X3 São Caetano (23-25, 16-25, 15-25)

Final
    7pm - Sesi-SP v EC Pinheiros

• Congratulations to Pinheiros! Finally champs after two years as runner-up. Pinheiros went over big before Superleague. Hope they don't get bogged down and keep on getting better as time goes by.

It's hard to figure out how Sesi would maintain the results they had past season. I can see no way. :S

EC Pinheiros 3X1 Sesi-SP (25-20, 25-19, 18-25, 25-16)

• I'm happy for Pinheiros! :cheesy: It's about time they won this. And I think their roster this year is actually better than it was these past two seasons. The same can't be said about SESI.

• Losing Dani Lins is going to be a HUGE problem for Sesi.

• I'm happy for Pinheiros! :cheesy: It's about time they won this. And I think their roster this year is actually better than it was these past two seasons. The same can't be said about SESI.

I feel the same. Gifted hitters for bics in tandem with more offensive middles may ramp Pinheiros chances up. On the other hand, their passing is hanging over me. Still want to watch them against a good serving team to find out if their reception will let hitters do their stuff. In case they get a handle on it, everything is gonna be ok.

Losing Dani Lins is going to be a HUGE problem for Sesi.

Agree. Poor Fabiana. Sesi will still rely on her, although the sets won't be so accurate like it was last year.
    Yesterday, Talmo started with Claudinha but took her out for Carol afterwards.