2015 Pan American Games - Toronto / Canada - 7/16

• is it true that the point system is different than in FIVB competitions?

• Ocasio heard you.lol
    K.Ocasio is going to play in Turkey

I think he was referencing their less experienced players.

Karia Ocasio has played abroad consistently along with Aury Cruz for quite some time.

• Brazil beats Peru 3-1, after loss 25-27 in 1st set, they smashed them 25-5 in second :!: they controlled 3rd in 4th set: 25-17, 25-16
    Joyce and Garay with decent spiking %, Peruvian OHs Leyva and Frias got 94 balls in 4 sets :what:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• They are using NORCECA system. - http://results.toronto2015.org…leyball/summary-women.htm

3-0 - 5 points to Winner and 0 to loser
    3-1 - 4 points W, 1 point L
    3-2 - 3 points W, 2 points L

Hi Joana :wavy: , thanks for the info
    what is the first criteria for ranking purposes? Number of points or number of victories?
    I'm wondering if Brazil still has chances to be #1 in the group if they beat the US, even if they finish with less points

• Hi Joana :wavy: , thanks for the info
    what is the first criteria for ranking purposes? Number of points or number of victories?
    I'm wondering if Brazil still has chances to be #1 in the group if they beat the US, even if they finish with less points

First number of victories, then number of points, and then points ave.....so will advance who win between USA and Brasil no matter the score

Here you have the tournament rules, if you wanna read it. ;)

http://www.norceca.net/2015%20…%202015-May%2031-2015.pdf

• First number of victories, then number of points, and then points ave.....so will advance who win between USA and Brasil no matter the score

Here you have the tournament rules, if you wanna read it. ;)

http://www.norceca.net/2015%20…%202015-May%2031-2015.pdf

thanks a lot. I was looking for this info in the PanAm website and couldn't find. :win: :win:
    I think being #1 in the group phase will help a lot for any of the teams

• thanks a lot. I was looking for this info in the PanAm website and couldn't find. :win: :win:
    I think being #1 in the group phase will help a lot for any of the teams

:drink: My pleasure. ^^

Yeah I agree, just toa voit Dominican Rep in semifinals is a great deal for sure.

• Dominican will probably grab a spot directly in SF, but they are team which can be beaten - Argentina won 1st set :wavy: Rivera and De La Cruz are on bench now and both seem to be not in their top shape...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Links for USA-Brazil?

I don't if it helps but Brazilian channels Sportv and Record will broadcast the match
    Maybe you can find a link for these channels

• The game between Brazil-USA gonna start in 3 hours and 40 minutes (10pm in Brazil, 21pm in Toronto) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dominican Republic is losing 2x0 now for Cuba, if Cuba win the next set they will go to the quarterfinals and Canada is out.

• Just an addition:

10pm in Brazil (time of the match) is 01am in GMT

• Dominican Republic is losing 2x0 now for Cuba, if Cuba win the next set they will go to the quarterfinals and Canada is out.

And Argentina will finish at #1 :cup:

• The game between Brazil-USA gonna start in 3 hours and 40 minutes (10pm in Brazil, 21pm in Toronto) :thumbup::thumbup:

Dominican Republic is losing 2x0 now for Cuba, if Cuba win the next set they will go to the quarterfinals and Canada is out.

Kind of competetive destortion