Brazilian League 2016/2017

• Anne is playing good, especially in attack, she just needs to be more consistent with her passing. With Rexona losing sponsor, will definitely makes it harder to keep Anne, unless money is not a problem for her and she`s fine with whatever they offer her.

Last night I was very disappointed with Malesevic, in the first set she did probably 3 passing errs and of course had to be replaced. The bad news for Brazil NT is Paula and Helo. A lot of people were even saying Ze Roberto should have take Paula to the OG to back-up Sheilla. And least from on now she could be the new OP, but the big surprise is that she`s not playing good lately, even lost the starter spot for Bejelica. But Bjelica has not been a "killer" either. And both of them has been switching back and forth on the court.

I like the ranking system. It is perfect, (the only problem is that mostly clubs has no money to pay the top class players), imagine if Valinhos could hire Thaiza,Fabiola,Mari Paraiba.....Sesi get back Fabiana,Jaque,Ellen.....Rio do Sul Adenizia,Natalia,Sheila....Pinheiros Joycinha,Suellen,Fe Garay,....Sao Caetano Helo,Pri Daroit, MIhajlovic. But that will probably never happen...or someday it will.

• Cintha Boesrma also played in Rexona for 2 years during the 90s, but yes, normally the foreigners stay only one year. This includes Logan Tom, Piccinini, Tara Cross, Brankica...

Wow I didn't know that Piccinini played in Brazil.

Anne is playing good, especially in attack, she just needs to be more consistent with her passing. With Rexona losing sponsor, will definitely makes it harder to keep Anne, unless money is not a problem for her and she`s fine with whatever they offer her.

Agreed, when she is hot, she is unstoppable. And I really like her attitude during games. And yeah, her passing is tragic sometimes. I really wish Rexona will find another capable sponsor. It will be sad to see this magnificent team crumbles because of sponsorship.

Last night I was very disappointed with Malesevic, in the first set she did probably 3 passing errs and of course had to be replaced. The bad news for Brazil NT is Paula and Helo. A lot of people were even saying Ze Roberto should have take Paula to the OG to back-up Sheilla. And least from on now she could be the new OP, but the big surprise is that she`s not playing good lately, even lost the starter spot for Bejelica. But Bjelica has not been a "killer" either. And both of them has been switching back and forth on the court.

I thought so, too. Paula had her moment, but she is inconsistent. Monique outplayed her all the time. Too bad Monique is just too short. I doubt Ze will take her to the Olympics despite how dynamic she is.

Coach Ze really needs to find the backup for Sheilla, Fabiana, Thaisa soon. Roberta will fit in Dani Lins' shoes perfectly, even performing better than Dani Lins some times.

I cannot help but to wonder other than Roberta, Gabi, Natalia, and Carol, who will be the next generation of Brazil NT. Coach Ze made one huge mistake for using the all-star team all the time without preparing back-ups.

I like the ranking system. It is perfect, (the only problem is that mostly clubs has no money to pay the top class players), imagine if Valinhos could hire Thaiza,Fabiola,Mari Paraiba.....Sesi get back Fabiana,Jaque,Ellen.....Rio do Sul Adenizia,Natalia,Sheila....Pinheiros Joycinha,Suellen,Fe Garay,....Sao Caetano Helo,Pri Daroit, MIhajlovic. But that will probably never happen...or someday it will

It will be interesting to see that, but with this new ranking system, all the players who have potential would want to go to Coach Rezende because he is well-known for developing players into a better ones. Look at Roberta, Gabi, Monique, Carol -- all these players srayed on Rexona's bench for long and now have became great starters.

QUARTERFINAL 1st ROUND
    E.C. PINHEIROS 1x3 REXONA-SESC stats video
    Pinheiros: Vanessa (OH) 17, Lana (OH) 16, Bárbara (OPP) 15;
    Rexona: Juciely (MB) & Gabi (OH) 19, Monique (OPP), Carol (MB) & Anne Buijs (OH) 11;
    MVP: Gabi (OH)

Roberta's distribution of attacking is amazing. all of her spikers got double-digits.

• I cannot help but to wonder other than Roberta, Gabi, Natalia, and Carol, who will be the next generation of Brazil NT. Coach Ze made one huge mistake for using the all-star team all the time without preparing back-ups.

A little bit of exaggeration here.
    There are also Tandara, Rosamaria as OH/OPP, Bia as MB, Naiane and probably Macris as setters...Paula and Lorenne as OPP.
    There are Leia and Camila Brait as liberos.
    Also, Fe Garay can still play in high level...Jaque is still a good option for backup.

Sheilla was very young and irregular when she was first called to the NT. She used to bench a lot to other players 15 years ago. After she went to Italy, she started playing in very high level and then became a phenomenon. There is still a lot to happen during the next olympic cycle. In 2005, Zé Roberto changed 90% of the team in comparison to the 2004 OGs and Brazil won every single competition that year and the following year, except for the WCH, in which they lost by 15x13 in the tie break.

• A little bit of exaggeration here.
    There are also Tandara, Rosamaria as OH/OPP, Bia as MB, Naiane and probably Macris as setters...Paula and Lorenne as OPP.

But all of them has little to 0 experience with the NT. Even Tandara has only been on the bench with the NT. All the big names like, Sheilla,Thaiza,Jaque,Fabiana,Fabi and so on has played basically every single competition during the past 10 years or so. Ze Roberto only gave a change to a few players, and they got very little time to show what they had, and either way did not mattered because during every single competition Brazil had the same starting line-up. He could have used some Grand Prix matches to let others play, but he never did. And for example at the 2013 Grand Champions Cup, when Thaiza choose not to play ( because she needed to rest) Ze Roberto should have taken Carol or any other MB on the line/list, instead we called back Waleuska, which made no sense.

He wanted and needed the Gold in Rio. And he knew who would be the 12 players since 2012. No he did not bother to give anyone a "REAL" chance.example at the 2016 GP, he took Roberta for what?? Dani Lins played the whole time, Roberta only played during the inversion 5-1.

Ze Roberto did not change the team after 2004, what happened was that mostly players just retired from the NT. Virna,Fernanda,Arlene,Elisangela,Erika,Ana Chagas,Waleskika.

Anyways, this is just my point of view. But I`m not really worried about them, because either way they will be just fine.

• QUARTERFINAL 1st ROUND

DENTIL/PRAIA CLUBE 3x1 TERRACAP/BRASÍLIA VÔLEI stats video
    Praia Clube: Alix Klineman (OH) 17, Michelle Pavão (OH) 16, Walewska (MB) 11;
    Brasília: Paula Pequeno (OH) & Amanda (OH) 15, Vivian (MB) 9;
    MVP: Michelle Pavão (OH)

• OMG, Marcos Kwiek is the dumbest coach ever. First of all, why is Riveira even playing? She is overweight , she can`t jump and her attitude sucks, and in the 5set she got hurt, and he still kept her in, and of course Bauru lost. (she was only replaced later after getting blocked). Plus having a OH with 1,74cm really does not help.

But Bauru lost the game in the 4set when they had 2 points lead, and Marcos brings Arlene in ( which I think is 50 years old), and Rosamaria scores like 3 aces on her. OMGGG

I just feel bad for the rest of the team especially, Juma, Bruna e Castillo. I was really impressed with Bruna.

On the other side only Hooker played, but at the same time is not hard to kill a ball when on the other side you have Riveira and a 1.74cm OH and Bruna ( she`s great spiker but with 1.80 u cant do much on the block).

• Destinee had 34 not 32 points.. I am glad I stayed up to watch the game, it was really exciting.. I have to say Leia is awful.. I've watched many Minas' games this season and she has always had problems, especially in reception and was far from impressive.. can't believe she got made the cut in Rio.

• Destinee had 34 not 32 points.. I am glad I stayed up to watch the game, it was really exciting.. I have to say Leia is awful.. I've watched many Minas' games this season and she has always had problems, especially in reception and was far from impressive.. can't believe she got made the cut in Rio.

Are you kidding? She might not be playing very well this past matches but last year she was way above Camila's level...there was no comparison back then because Leia was simply much much better...anyone who watched the Grand Prix and other competitions could notice that, even Camila knew that too.
    By the way, Camila has not been playing her usual high level this season too.

• Are you kidding? She might not be playing very well this past matches but last year she was way above Camila's level...there was no comparison back then because Leia was simply much much better...anyone who watched the Grand Prix and other competitions could notice that, even Camila knew that too.
    By the way, Camila has not been playing her usual high level this season too.

She absolutely deserved her spot then, although I think both should have been there, and Adenizia should be cut.. I have watched her in the past and she is not better than Camila overall, she played great only then.. That's what I meant to say

• She absolutely deserved her spot then, although I think both should have been there, and Adenizia should be cut.. I have watched her in the past and she is not better than Camila overall, she played great only then.. That's what I meant to say

I think she WAS better than Camila last year... she did an amazing season during the 15/16 superleague and during the Grand Prix.
    But I agree that she is not on that level this year. Camila should come go to the NT so we could have another "fight" between them (by the way, they are very good friends). But I think Camila is afraid of getting cut again before Tokyo. Maybe Ze Roberto will call another libero in the next following years.

• Leia is amazing libero, but I think she is already what? 32?..For the past for years and especially the past year she had to work and give everything she had every single day to get the spot in the NT, she is still not recovered from all that, and that is especially harder when you are older.

• I have to say Leia is awful.. I've watched many Minas' games this season and she has always had problems,

Minas had only 6 games televised/streamed this whole season and they played 22 games. But if you count the Brazil Cup, that makes it 8. You watched many games only if you attended in person :lol: . And if you look at the stats u will see that even Hooker had some nights where she did not play great, but those games did not get televised. Leia happened to play bad on the games that were televised.

• Minas had only 6 games televised/streamed this whole season and they played 22 games. But if you count the Brazil Cup, that makes it 8. You watched many games only if you attended in person :lol: .

Well yeah, 8 from 22 is a lot.. There are also stats FYI... And Leia has been e problem for them on reception, and is far from the level she showed for the NT, and thats a fact