Brazilian League 2016/2017

• Sorry guys, but tonight Minas will play against Rexona?

• Sorry guys, but tonight Minas will play against Rexona?

Tomorrow, I think.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Today we will have the final match of the Superleague B (it's like the Brazilian Serie A2): Hinode/Barueri (coached by Zé Roberto, with olympic medalist Erika and other familiar faces such as Suelle, Fernanda Isis and Ana Cristina) versus Curitibano (Cristina Pirv is the manager, and olympic champion Valeskinha plays there).
    The winner gets a direct spot in the next Superleague and the vice-champion will have a last chance in a few months, in another tournament.

• The final is a single match, because Rede Globo the TV channel that holds the broadcast rights, is always only willing to broadcast 1 game only, and that is on Sunday at 10am, they probably could do on Saturday also, but it had to be the same time. Or they probably could do it 5 games, but Globo would not broadcast the game any day of the week besides the weekend morning, so basically they would play 1 game per week only, the final would last from 3 to 5 weeks olololol.

But at least it will be on national tv and everyone can watch. And I prefer a single game, it is just more exciting. I wish all leagues the final was a single game.

• I'm not really sure why Suelle chose to play there.. I mean she for sure is not a spectacular player, but much better than some who got to play in the top 4 teams this season.. I find her a really good receiver and a strong server

She had an awful season in Osasco last year. She was hired to be one of the main OHs but benched to Gabi the entire year.
    Then she went to Pinheiros, a smaller club, to try to find her best shape but before the season even started she fought with the coach and decided to leave.
    By then, there was no other major club for her to be hired so she got an invitation by Zé Roberto. I think this is the best she could have gotten at that time.

• No one was getting paid. Zé Roberto was giving food and accomodations in his training center.
    Many of these girls were retired (Ana Cristina, Fe Isis, Michele), others hadn't signed with any other club and the rest are younger girls playing their first professional league.

• She had an awful season in Osasco last year. She was hired to be one of the main OHs but benched to Gabi the entire year.
    Then she went to Pinheiros, a smaller club, to try to find her best shape but before the season even started she fought with the coach and decided to leave.
    By then, there was no other major club for her to be hired so she got an invitation by Zé Roberto. I think this is the best she could have gotten at that time.

I know she didn't do well in Osasco, although there were matches where she played good.. I didn't know about this Pinheros situation, thanks

• According to wikipedia. The last time Rio de Janeiro did not make to the final was back in 2003/2004. And after than they won the next 4 seasons.

And the last time Minas made to the final was back in the 2003/2004 when they lost for Osasco.

Rio de Janeiro won the past 4 seasons. I don`t think any team have won 5 in a row.

A lot on the line tonight. If Rexona looses I guess Bernardinho will end his career with a loss?! ( If he retires).

• Bernardo won't retire.
    You are a little bit wrong... Rexona was a finalist in the 2004/2005 season, not Minas. They lost the final series to Osasco by 3x0. The two first matches were 3x2 and the last one was 3x0. It was one of the best final series I have ever seen...I miss those days...I don't like the finals in only one match.

• The fall of Rexona-Ades could benefit Brazilian league overall. Means the teams are getting there. I just hope this won't coincide with the probablE rise of American Volleyball League though.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Bernardo won't retire.
    You are a little bit wrong... Rexona was a finalist in the 2004/2005 season, not Minas. They lost the final series to Osasco by 3x0. The two first matches were 3x2 and the last one was 3x0. It was one of the best final series I have ever seen...I miss those days...I don't like the finals in only one match.

U r right, I got it wrong.. Rexona missed the final in 2003/2004.

And I was thinking Bernardinho was retiring after this season, because someone said he was getting into politics and the reason Unilever won`t sponsor anymore is because he was retiring.

• I`m not sure what the American League would have to do with the Brazilian League.

But they said would take a few years to get the american league going. And like brahmin said, they won`t be able to afford any top players, to start will probably be players just out of college and players about to retire. And either way, college volleyball is popular, but the the sport volleyball is not popular. And Americans are not much into women`s sports, all the big leagues in the country are men`s sports.

Just have a idea, the highest paid female in the WNBA ( Women`s Basketball League) made $109,000. While in the NBA the lowest salary of a player is $543,000 ( but only rookies makes this "little" after that all the salaries are in the millions and millions) . Even the lowest paid male makes more than the highest paid female. And all the american women playing in WNBA go play overseas after the WNBA season is over, because in Europe and Asia they pay much much more.
    Same thing will happen when they create the american volleyball league, they will not be able to attract the top players like Zhu, Kim and so on...And even the Top American Players will choose to play overseas because they will get paid more.

The fall of Rexona-Ades could benefit Brazilian league overall. Means the teams are getting there. I just hope this won't coincide with the probablE rise of American Volleyball League though.