Brazilian League 2016/2017

• Rexona-Sesc lost the state championship for the first time in the club's history (12 titles in a row).
    New champion is Fluminense, which just got a ticket to Brazilian Superleague this year.
    Rexona played without Anne Buijs:

Roberta/Monique
    Gabi/Drussyla
    Carol/Juciely
    Fabi

My guess is that Fluminense played with this squad:

Pri Heldes/Renatinha
    Sassá/Ju Costa
    Lara/Letícia Hage
    Juju Perdigão

• Renata Valinhos Country will play the next Superliga instead Araraquara who has financial problems (again).

Renata Valinhos Country (SP)

Setters: Ana Paula, Mari Barreto
    Opposites: Fernanda Mello, Fran Lemos
    Outside Hitters: Lids, Mari Capovilla, Pri Souza, Rafaela, Rebeca (also OPP)
    Middle Blockers: Carla, Flavia, Karina
    Liberos: Andreia, Jé Perez
    Head Coach: André Rosendo

Source

• CBV released the official schedule for next season. First Round starts 27/10.

Complete Schedule - http://superliga.cbv.com.br/ar…GA-FEMININA-2016-2017.pdf

1º ROUND

27/10
    RENATA VALINHOS/COUNTRY X DENTIL/PRAIA CLUBE
    CONCILIG/FINCH/VOLEI BAURU X CAMPONESA/MINAS

28/10
    PINHEIROS X TERRACAP/BRB/BRASILIA VOLEI

29/10
    VOLEI NESTLÉ X SÃO CRISTOVÃO SAÚDE/ SÃO CAETANO

30/10
    SESI-SP X RIO DO SUL

01/11
    FLUMINENSE F.C. X REXONA-SESC

• Rexona won the Supercup beating Praia 3x1 (25-12, 25-19, 25-27, 25-20)

Great improvement for Rio since the Carioca final. But both teams had a lot of problems in reception...well just the starting of the season....lets see what happens.

Rexona now will travel for the World Championship.

• Interesting seeing Bernardo use bth liberos... Fabi in reception and Vitória in defense. She did quite good sometimes actually, maybe he will use this the hole season..also to start preparing someone to take Fabi's place in the team for the future I guess.

• I was thinking Praia Club would be the favorite this season, but I was wrong, Rio is still the favorite. But Praia has a good bench with Ellen and Carla. I was thinking Helo would be the starter for the season, but sounds like Monique will still be the one. Also really great match by Anne Buijs.

• I was very surprised by Vitoria. Never had heard of her, and she did great.
    Well, working with Bernardo is always special for any player. First game by Buijs and she plays like that, amazing...

• Can you tell me how you are watching the games? Is it the website you had mentioned previously? Thank you so for the bother.

I watched in TV...but you can watch in the link someone posted above, from Sportv, they boradcast the matches live from Brazilian League.

If you want to watch yesterday's game...you can watch it here in youtube.

• There is absolute no official info on her signing there

Quoted from "rbdfabio"

Why is Rriscila Rivera not on the list for Bauru?

She is confirmed
    http://2016.cbv.com.br/midia/u…-superliga-2016-2017.html
    "E, para finalizar, duas dominicanas desembarcam no Brasil nesta temporada para defender o Vôlei Bauru (SP): Brenda Castillo e Prisilla Rivera."

http://hoy.com.do/brenda-y-pri…jugar-en-equipo-de-kwiek/

"El Concilig voleibol Bauru presentó oficialmente a las atletas dominicanas Brenda Castillo y Prisilla Rivera, en una rueda de prensa celebrada en la sede Concilig, patrocinador principal del equipo, con la asistencia de varios medios de comunicación."

• ^ Err, there was no need to dig up a post from June to write this? It's already been widely known for quite some time now that both Dominicans will play for Bauru.

• Priscila Rivera's performance in Bauru is simply a shame...very awful...
    Pinheiros beat Bauru by 4x0 last night and will fight for gold against Nestlé/Osasco (which won against São Caetano) at the Paulista Championship.
    By the way, Malesevic is playing really well. Also Tandara and Paula are just amazing...this team might look weaker than previous years but is definetly playing a lot better...

• First match of Paulista championship final is today at 6:30pm local time: Nestlé/Osasco vs. Pinheiros