Brazilian League 2016/2017

• I did not know this was Lorene`s first season as a starter. She`s my favorite player this season so far. She`s been really impressive.

I hope Brasilia will stop Rio in the next round.

When Helo went to Rio, I honestly was thinking she was gonna take Monique`s place. Such a shame for a player like Helo to be on the bench, but Monique is playing good.

• 8th ROUND

12/08
    REXONA-SESC 3x1 TERRACAP/BRASÍLIA VÔLEI stats video
    Rexona: Gabi (OH) 18, Monique (OPP) 13, Juciely (MB) & Carol (MB) 9;
    Brasília: Amanda (OH) 18, Roberta (MB) 13, Paula Pequeno (OH) 10;

12/09
    RENATA VALINHOS/COUNTRY x RIO DO SUL
    GENTER VÔLEI BAURU x SESI-SP
    SÃO CRISTÓVÃO SAÚDE/SÃO CAETANO x E.C. PINHEIROS
    FLUMINENSE F.C. x CAMPONESA/MINAS
    DENTIL/PRAIA CLUBE x VÔLEI NESTLÉ

• I watched Brazilia vs Rexona. Brazilia is truly playing really well, they had a big lead in the 4th set and almost went to the 5set. I hope they can keep up this level all the way.

But only in Brazil they will have a game starting at 10pm, that is really crazy. I'm glad I'm at Pacific time 6 hours behind, so it is 4pm for me. I would never stay up until midnight watching a game.

• I would never stay up until midnight watching a game.

Well, we do here in Brazil. We love volleyball, so this isn't a problem.
    It's worse for the people watching it in situ.

• what is SITU?

Well, we do here in Brazil. We love volleyball, so this isn't a problem.
    It's worse for the people watching it in situ.

Im not sure about that...then why only 800 people showed up in the arena? Maybe because starts to late ??? Either way, 10pm is not a good time, they only do because is the only time the TV will air it. :down:

• I think it's the first time Bjelica is playing more than a few points in Osasco, and she is just amazing. Best scorer of the match so far and she wasn't playing until the half of 2nd set.

• It was a great game Praia vs Osasco. Praia won 3-2. Yeah Bjelica played great today. Malesevic did good also,just in the end she started to make a few mistake and was taken out. Tandara 100% power all the time. And I think Claudinha played better than Dani

• sorry but Couldnt Osasco team find a better foreigner than Bjelica indeed ?
    i mean they are traditionaly one of the strongest teams there in Brazil and they probably have enough money to transfer better foreigners :win:

• Hooker played her first game for Minas.. She wasn't so impressive judging by the stats, but let's hope she'll improve

She had only 35% kills in this match, but she will surely improve. Minas still relying a lot on Rosamaria (24 pts, 21/41, 51%), hope Jaqueline lifts even more the team's performance...

sorry but Couldnt Osasco team find a better foreigner than Bjelica indeed ?
    i mean they are traditionaly one of the strongest teams there in Brazil and they probably have enough money to transfer better foreigners

Osasco had a big cut this season... so no big stars for them. :(

• 8th ROUND

12/08
    REXONA-SESC 3x1 TERRACAP/BRASÍLIA VÔLEI stats video
    Rexona: Gabi (OH) 18, Monique (OPP) 13, Juciely (MB) & Carol (MB) 9;
    Brasília: Amanda (OH) 18, Roberta (MB) 13, Paula Pequeno (OH) 10;

12/09
    RENATA VALINHOS/COUNTRY 2x3 RIO DO SUL stats
    Valinhos: Priscila Souza (OH) 16, Mari Capovilla (OH) 15, Fe Melo (OPP) 14;
    Rio do Sul: Natiele (OPP) 20, Camila Paracatu (MB) & Aline (MB) 14.

GENTER VÔLEI BAURU 3x0 SESI-SP stats
    Bauru: Mari Cassemiro (OH) 14, Thaisinha (OH) 11, Angélica (MB) 9;
    SESI: Lorenne (OPP) 12, Gabriela (OH) 9, Ju Mello (MB) 6.

SÃO CRISTÓVÃO SAÚDE/SÃO CAETANO 0x3 E.C. PINHEIROS stats
    São Caetano: Fernanda Tomé (OH) 10, Nikolle Del Rio (OH) 9, Angélica (OPP) 6;
    Pinheiros: Milka (MB) 12, Bárbara (OPP) 11, Maira (OH) & Mimi Sosa (MB) 9.

FLUMINENSE F.C. 2x3 CAMPONESA/MINAS stats
    Fluminense: Ju Costa (OH) 18, Sassá (OH) 15, Renatinha (OPP) & Letícia Hage (MB) 12;
    Minas: Rosamaria (OH) 24, Mara (MB) & Priscila Daroit (OH) 15, Gattaz (MB) & HOOKER (OPP) 11;
    Hooker played her first match in Minas jersey.

DENTIL/PRAIA CLUBE 3x2 VÔLEI NESTLÉ stats video
    Praia Clube: Ellen (OH) 19, Fabiana (MB) 17, Ramirez (OPP) 14;
    Vôlei Nestlé: Tandara (OH) 23, Bjelica (OPP) 20, Bia (MB) 15.

i mean they are traditionaly one of the strongest teams there in Brazil and they probably have enough money to transfer better foreigners

Not only Osasco lost a big part of their budget this season, Bjelica is doing very well for a back up player there. Much better than the previous ones (Ivna, Mari...)

i mean they are traditionaly one of the strongest teams there in Brazil and they probably have enough money to transfer better foreigners :win:

Ana Bejlica is a great OP. last season in Turkey she was scoring more than 20 points almost every game...just look at the stats, and she even joined the team later, because she replaced Ocasio.

I think u just don't like Bejelica because she`s pretty also :heart: :heart: :heart:

And people like to say the level in Turkey is best and all that... but how funny it is. Lise Van Hecke played for Osasco last season and she could not score much at all, and this is because she was playing vs "weaker" teams...now in Turkey she`s playing for a "weaker" team vs the supposed to be best teams in the World, and she looks like a "Super Star" scoring like 20 or 30 points.... :lol: :lol:

• Ana Bejlica is a great OP. last season in Turkey she was scoring more than 20 points almost every game...just look at the stats, and she even joined the team later, because she replaced Ocasio.

I think u just don't like Bejelic because she`s pretty also :heart: :heart: :heart:

actually i dont follow her much ..her being beautiful is good to me bcz im a man lol..i just knew that she was sometimes good sometimes bad.. i wouldnt prefer her if i had formed a strong team..

• actually i dont follow her much ..her being beautiful is good to me bcz im a man lol..i just knew that she was sometimes good sometimes bad.. i wouldnt prefer her if i had formed a strong team..

Well to be honest, many people here including me, had high expectations of Bjelica, which she failed to achieve. She has been a very popular player back in Serbia when she played for Zvezda.. she was always the team's best scorer and leader in any way. The same can be said for the Junior NT. People were very surprised and also excited when they saw her great performance during the WC 2011 when she came in for injured Sanja Malagurski, that indeed one hell of a tournament for her.. After that she signed for Police, and failed to meet the expectations.. Not that she was always that bad, but she wasn't played as great as everyone expected.. Her next season has been ever worse. After that she went to Turkey sndI didn't follow her that much, but looking at the stats, her efficiency wasn't so good. She lost her spot in the NT too. In Osasco she has been treated as a sub, and yesterday she indeed played good. I am hoping to see her play even better, and become a starter.. My point is nobody here hates her, or says she is a bad player, but considering the things people expected from her, she is playing quite mediocre..

• Yeah she lost for spot in the NT, but who would not loose to Boskovic and Brakocevic??!!. but anyways she`s 24, she has time to grow and improve.

Boskovic wasn't around in 2012, Malagurski was injured, Brakocevic was injured/recovering from an injury, so she lost her spot to Sanja Starovic. And if you have seen Starovic play perhaps things will become more clear