Chinese Female League 2016/2017 (Oct 2016 - Apr 2017)

• I heard from my partner that Li Jing, the outside hitter from Zhejiang, was reduced to tears after the 3rd final, yet on-site audience kept insulting her even when she was crying.

She was sad for making several fatal errors on attacking at several crucial moments due to her exhaustion (the TV commentators also highlighted her state), she played continuously the entire five games. Didn't see her shed any tears though; being sad yes. The host supporters did shout repeatedly at this Zhejiang's backbone attacker such as when Li served..."serve into net" "serve out" and so on during the tight and quite balanced match. But I did not hear any disparaging remarks aside from some individual attempts to get the players down. Moreover such insult to the opponent is uncommon to the Chinese culture, showing fanfare support to own side, yes :D

The full replay of that match (CCTV-5 PLUS in Full HD: 1080HD) can be watched here:
    Jiangsu vs Zhejiang - The 3rd Final - CVA Women's Volleyball League (2017-03-14)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• tomen, any idea when will the 4th Final of Jiangsu vs Zhejiang be held?

Zhejiang - Jiangsu [Total: 1-2]
    Sina Sports: [video] http://video.sina.com.cn/l/pl/sportstv/1716746.html [word and photo] http://match.sports.sina.com.c…cast/o/live.php?id=159148
    CCTV5: http://tv.cctv.com/live/cctv5/

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• The full replay of that match (CCTV-5 PLUS in Full HD: 1080HD) can be watched here:
    Jiangsu vs Zhejiang - The 3rd Final - CVA Women's Volleyball League (2017-03-14)

thanks for the link, great quality, so jealous. Changning is such a beast I love her. I'm into the third set now and there's lots of beasting going on (compared to the Japanese matches I mostly watch). It's remarkable how many strong solid hits are being dug. Don't know if that's because the hitters need to be more creative or if the defense is playing smart, but it's fun to watch!

• LIVE STREAM FINAL - The 4th Match: Zhejiang vs Jiangsu (the host is Zhejiang)
    https://youtu.be/cwPaQAT2NlQ

in next 20 minutes :-) must be another great encounter between the two mighty teams ... youtube link still does not show up :thumbdown:

From link provided by Tomen - http://match.sports.sina.com.c…cast/o/live.php?id=159148

ZHEJIANG - JIANGSU 1-3 (21-25, 25-23, 20-25, 20-25)

sitenoise, you're welcome! I think both teams had strong defense so though attacks were fierce but rallies still happened, balls weren't easily killed. And this made the match quite fascinating to watch.
    Keep on watching :-) the quality and balanced teams present good, entertaining shows, I just started to watch the league-level matches quite recently :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 4 times, last by samsara ().

• Congratulations to Jiangsu!
    Cai Bin becomes the first head coach who gots the champion of Chinese League with different teams - 98/99,99/00,00/01,01/02 in Team Shanghai and 16/17 in Team Jiangsu.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Congratulation Jiangsu! :cup:

Zhejiang had the best of Jiangsu all season but to lost at the end must be heart breaking.

Hui Ruoqi may not have been the main scorer for her team but her presence in the last three matches make all the difference for Jiangsu. Jiangsu is a better balance team with her on the court. Zhang Changning got to be the MVP.

• Congratulations to the Jiangsu Team for winning the title of the CVA Women's Volleyball League 2016-2017

Jiangsu Team won its very first title, beat Zhejiang Team 3-1 in today's 4th Finals

Jiangsu 江苏 team beat the host Zhejiang 浙江 team 3-1 (25-21, 23-25, 25-20, 25-20) in the 4th match of the Final series (under the best of five matches), it's the very first title for Jiangsu team.

I am happy to watch Jiangsu team playing in the next Asian women's volleyball league championship, and I hope them to perform better than Tianjin team last time!

From Sina Sports 20170318 (in CN): http://sports.sina.com.cn/othe…doc-ifycnpiu9029149.shtml

- Hui Ruo-qi (the captain) contributed 20 points
    - Jiangsu team blocked better in today's match
    - This is the very first League Championship Title
    - After four times failed endeavors ended up as the Runner-up in 1996/97, 1997/98, 1999/2000 and 2015/16, finally Jiangsu team succeeded to achieve the historical breakthrough, elevated the team to the elite champion list along with the teams of Tianjin, Shanghai, Bayi, Liaoning, Guangdong and Zhejiang.

I'd like to share here the full content of the informative comment given by Darvid Koh, a volleyball fan, regarding the outcome:

Edited 4 times, last by samsara ().

• I was cheering for Zhejiang, and I was thinking they would win once they had a great regular season, but of course you must win when it matters and Jiangsu did it. :heart: And is nice this was their first tittle ever.

I wish Jiangsu would get a wild card ticket to the WCH.

Zhu might be the best player in the world, but Zhang Changning is not very far behind.

Thank u Tomen for keeping us posted.

• only 720? :mad: just kidding. Thanks for the link. This never showed up live last night , did it? I had that videostream site open until the Japan game came on and never saw it.

Zhu might be the best player in the world, but Zhang Changning is not very far behind.

I love Zhang Changning! China has a lot of young giants these days.

• only 720? :mad: just kidding. Thanks for the link. This never showed up live last night , did it? I had that videostream site open until the Japan game came on and never saw it.

I love Zhang Changning! China has a lot of young giants these days.

I guess if the broadcaster is CCTV-5 then the resolution is at 720P while the HD channel CCTV-5+ / CCTV-5 PLUS will do in 1080P :-)

Yeah, glad that Jiangsu team won its very first title as well as the MVP for Zhang Chang-ning :rose: wanna see this team in int'l competition

UPDATE: It looks like I'm quite wrong for a Full HD 1080P does exist here: https://youtu.be/MSvYcTZtTL4

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• a Full HD 1080P does exist

I'm going grab that to finish, starting at set 3. Jiangsu is a good team. I'm surprised the score is so even. A couple new faces for me stand out: #10 and #6 on Jiangsu. They're a comedy team. Like The Smothers Brothers. They have this air of seriousness that you can't take seriously. They're absurd. Like 'em.

• This video popped up in my Youtube recommended page. If someone wants to rewatch the 2017 Women's Volleyball China All Star Game with better resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjD6lyfEzX0

Thanks ST2008, this version is better than the earlier one :thumbsup:

LAI Ya-wen is currently serving as the deputy director of China's national volleyball organization as well as the assistant coach of the women's national team.

The winner, Jiangsu team is awarded CNY1.8 million while the runner-up, Zhejiang team gets CNY1.1 million.

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Teams: Guangdong, Henan, Hebei, Yunnan
    Date: Mar.31 - Apr.2
    Format: Round Robin

Mar.31: Hebei - Yunnan, Henan - Guangdong
    Apr.1: Henan - Hebei, Yunnan - Guangdong
    Apr.2: Guangdong - Hebei, Yunnan - Henan

Images

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Mar.31: Hebei 0-3 Yunnan, Henan 3-1 Guangdong

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu