You are not logged in.

ZMu

Beginner

• "ZMu" is male

About me: Loving volleyball!

Favourite Team: Poland M, France M, China W

Favourite Players: Gasparini, Anderson, Rouzier

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 3:09pm

I heard from my partner that Li Jing, the outside hitter from Zhejiang, was reduced to tears after the 3rd final, yet on-site audience kept insulting her even when she was crying.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Li Jing

Friday, March 17th 2017, 9:14am

I heard from my partner that Li Jing, the outside hitter from Zhejiang, was reduced to tears after the 3rd final, yet on-site audience kept insulting her even when she was crying.

She was sad for making several fatal errors on attacking at several crucial moments due to her exhaustion (the TV commentators also highlighted her state), she played continuously the entire five games. Didn't see her shed any tears though; being sad yes. The host supporters did shout repeatedly at this Zhejiang's backbone attacker such as when Li served..."serve into net" "serve out" and so on during the tight and quite balanced match. But I did not hear any disparaging remarks aside from some individual attempts to get the players down. Moreover such insult to the opponent is uncommon to the Chinese culture, showing fanfare support to own side, yes :D

The full replay of that match (CCTV-5 PLUS in Full HD: 1080HD) can be watched here:
Jiangsu vs Zhejiang - The 3rd Final - CVA Women's Volleyball League (2017-03-14)

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "samsara" (Mar 17th 2017, 9:26am)

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Li Jing

Friday, March 17th 2017, 10:13am

@Tomen, any idea when will the 4th Final of Jiangsu vs Zhejiang be held?

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

tomen

Professional

• "tomen" is male
  • "tomen" started this thread

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Friday, March 17th 2017, 10:39am

Live Streams of Final 4 Mar.18 GMT+8 16:00

@Tomen, any idea when will the 4th Final of Jiangsu vs Zhejiang be held?

Zhejiang - Jiangsu [Total: 1-2]
Sina Sports: [video] http://video.sina.com.cn/l/pl/sportstv/1716746.html [word and photo] http://match.sports.sina.com.cn/livecast…e.php?id=159148
CCTV5: http://tv.cctv.com/live/cctv5/
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Friday, March 17th 2017, 5:06pm

Thanks Tomen, so the match of Final 4 on SAT 18 MAR 16:00 BJT

should be streamed at youtube as well.

sitenoise

Trainee

Favourite Team: Japan W NT, Oumi Red Rockets

Favourite Players: Mizuki Yanagita, Saori Sakoda, Tijana Bošković, Zhang Changning, Saori Kimura, Goncharova & Kosheleva, Oh me oh my, my Oumi, Arisa Sato

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 3:45am

The full replay of that match (CCTV-5 PLUS in Full HD: 1080HD) can be watched here:
Jiangsu vs Zhejiang - The 3rd Final - CVA Women's Volleyball League (2017-03-14)

thanks for the link, great quality, so jealous. Changning is such a beast I love her. I'm into the third set now and there's lots of beasting going on (compared to the Japanese matches I mostly watch). It's remarkable how many strong solid hits are being dug. Don't know if that's because the hitters need to be more creative or if the defense is playing smart, but it's fun to watch!

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 8:39am

LIVE STREAM FINAL - The 4th Match: Zhejiang vs Jiangsu (the host is Zhejiang)
https://youtu.be/cwPaQAT2NlQ

in next 20 minutes :-) must be another great encounter between the two mighty teams ... youtube link still does not show up :thumbdown:

From link provided by Tomen - http://match.sports.sina.com.cn/livecast…e.php?id=159148

ZHEJIANG - JIANGSU 1-3 (21-25, 25-23, 20-25, 20-25)

@sitenoise, you're welcome! I think both teams had strong defense so though attacks were fierce but rallies still happened, balls weren't easily killed. And this made the match quite fascinating to watch.
Keep on watching :-) the quality and balanced teams present good, entertaining shows, I just started to watch the league-level matches quite recently :D

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "samsara" (Mar 18th 2017, 11:29am)

tomen

Professional

• "tomen" is male
  • "tomen" started this thread

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 11:11am

Congratulations to Jiangsu!
Cai Bin becomes the first head coach who gots the champion of Chinese League with different teams - 98/99,99/00,00/01,01/02 in Team Shanghai and 16/17 in Team Jiangsu.
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

theloneracer

Intermediate

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 11:19am

Congratulation Jiangsu! :cup:

Zhejiang had the best of Jiangsu all season but to lost at the end must be heart breaking.

Hui Ruoqi may not have been the main scorer for her team but her presence in the last three matches make all the difference for Jiangsu. Jiangsu is a better balance team with her on the court. Zhang Changning got to be the MVP.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 11:24am

Congratulations to the Jiangsu Team for winning the title of the CVA Women's Volleyball League 2016-2017

Jiangsu Team won its very first title, beat Zhejiang Team 3-1 in today's 4th Finals

Jiangsu 江苏 team beat the host Zhejiang 浙江 team 3-1 (25-21, 23-25, 25-20, 25-20) in the 4th match of the Final series (under the best of five matches), it's the very first title for Jiangsu team.

I am happy to watch Jiangsu team playing in the next Asian women's volleyball league championship, and I hope them to perform better than Tianjin team last time!

From Sina Sports 20170318 (in CN): http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/volleyb…iu9029149.shtml

Quoted

- Hui Ruo-qi (the captain) contributed 20 points
- Jiangsu team blocked better in today's match
- This is the very first League Championship Title
- After four times failed endeavors ended up as the Runner-up in 1996/97, 1997/98, 1999/2000 and 2015/16, finally Jiangsu team succeeded to achieve the historical breakthrough, elevated the team to the elite champion list along with the teams of Tianjin, Shanghai, Bayi, Liaoning, Guangdong and Zhejiang.

I'd like to share here the full content of the informative comment given by Darvid Koh, a volleyball fan, regarding the outcome:

Quoted

Chinese and international volleyball fans got their wish answered to see Jiangsu become first-time champions with a 3-1win over Zhejiang on Zhejiang's home ground, making up for last year's 1-3 loss to Tianjin. With three Olympics gold medallists (Zhang Changning, Hui Ruoqi and Gong Xiangyu) who all played well, Jiangsu has matured as a team. Despite dropping the second set 23-25, Jiangsu did not look in danger of losing the match as it was superior to Zhejiang in reception, passing, defense and attacks, and the height advantage was useful in blocking. Zhejiang became the top-ranked team before the final due to sheer grit while Jiangsu impressed fans with their strong and balanced performance. The most improved Jiangsu player was their modest and beautiful middle blocker Wang Chenyue, 21, a keen learner who greatly improved in her blocking and to some extent her attacks as well to become the best middle blocker of the league although Zhejiang's Yang Zhou also did a fine job. With such a good all-round performance, Jiangsu, the youngest team of champions in the Chinese league, looks poised to become repeat champions next season.
Best Coach: Cai Bin (Jiangsu).
MVP: Zhang Changning (Jiangsu).
Best Outside Spikers: Li Jing (Zhejiang) and Zhang Changning (Jiangsu).
Best Middle Blockers: Wang Chenyue and Yang Zhou.
Best Opposite Spiker: Rachel Rourke (Sichuan).
Best Setter: Diao Linyu (Jiangsu).
Best Libero: Wang Mengjie (Sichuan).

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "samsara" (Mar 18th 2017, 4:18pm)

rbdfabio

Professional

• "rbdfabio" is male

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 5:04pm

I was cheering for Zhejiang, and I was thinking they would win once they had a great regular season, but of course you must win when it matters and Jiangsu did it. :heart: And is nice this was their first tittle ever.

I wish Jiangsu would get a wild card ticket to the WCH.

Zhu might be the best player in the world, but Zhang Changning is not very far behind.

Thank u Tomen for keeping us posted.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 5:36am

720P REPLAY VIDEO, CCTV-5

Zhejiang vs Jiangsu Finals 4 CVA Women's Volleyball League 2017-03-18
https://youtu.be/1anBFiyPONw

Yes, thank you Tomen for keeping us posted here!

sitenoise

Trainee

Favourite Players: Mizuki Yanagita, Saori Sakoda, Tijana Bošković, Zhang Changning, Saori Kimura, Goncharova & Kosheleva, Oh me oh my, my Oumi, Arisa Sato

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 6:00am

only 720? :mad: just kidding. Thanks for the link. This never showed up live last night , did it? I had that videostream site open until the Japan game came on and never saw it.

Zhu might be the best player in the world, but Zhang Changning is not very far behind.

I love Zhang Changning! China has a lot of young giants these days.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 4:27pm

only 720? :mad: just kidding. Thanks for the link. This never showed up live last night , did it? I had that videostream site open until the Japan game came on and never saw it.

I love Zhang Changning! China has a lot of young giants these days.

I guess if the broadcaster is CCTV-5 then the resolution is at 720P while the HD channel CCTV-5+ / CCTV-5 PLUS will do in 1080P :-)

Yeah, glad that Jiangsu team won its very first title as well as the MVP for Zhang Chang-ning :rose: wanna see this team in int'l competition

UPDATE: It looks like I'm quite wrong for a Full HD 1080P does exist here: https://youtu.be/MSvYcTZtTL4

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "samsara" (Mar 20th 2017, 4:58am)

sitenoise

Trainee

Monday, March 20th 2017, 6:59am

a Full HD 1080P does exist

I'm going grab that to finish, starting at set 3. Jiangsu is a good team. I'm surprised the score is so even. A couple new faces for me stand out: #10 and #6 on Jiangsu. They're a comedy team. Like The Smothers Brothers. They have this air of seriousness that you can't take seriously. They're absurd. Like 'em.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Monday, March 20th 2017, 8:32am

The Jiangsu women's volleyball team - Before and After the victory 江苏女排夺冠前后
https://youtu.be/ZqKkaQynxhc
From CCTV-5, incl. some training session, even one understand no Chinese still can enjoy the training scenes :D

ST2008

Beginner

• "ST2008" is male

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 5:38pm

This video popped up in my Youtube recommended page. If someone wants to rewatch the 2017 Women's Volleyball China All Star Game with better resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjD6lyfEzX0

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 7:19pm

This video popped up in my Youtube recommended page. If someone wants to rewatch the 2017 Women's Volleyball China All Star Game with better resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjD6lyfEzX0

Thanks ST2008, this version is better than the earlier one :thumbsup:

LAI Ya-wen is currently serving as the deputy director of China's national volleyball organization as well as the assistant coach of the women's national team.

The winner, Jiangsu team is awarded CNY1.8 million while the runner-up, Zhejiang team gets CNY1.1 million.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "samsara" (Mar 22nd 2017, 7:35pm)

Social bookmarks