Japan - V.Premier League 2016-2017

• Hitachi was off tonight

• They were a bit off, but Hisamitsu played really hard the whole game and never gave them a chance, expect in the 3rd set.
    Let`s see what happens tomorrow.

How it will work tomorrow? Does Hitachi needs to win 3-0 to go to the Golden Set? Or any win even 3-2 for Hitachi and they go to the Golden Set??

• They were a bit off, but Hisamitsu played really hard the whole game and never gave them a chance, expect in the 3rd set.
    Let`s see what happens tomorrow.

I didn't think Hisamitsu played that well either but I'm not worried for Hitachi. Watanabe played okay. If she gets a little help they will be fine tonight. :super: great finish to the match

• March 11, 2017, Final 3 Match 1 of 2

Hitachi Rivale 0-3 Hisamitsu Springs (23-25, 13-25, 28-30)
    Rika Nomoto (Hisamitsu) 16 (1b), Risa Shinnabe (Hisamitsu) 15 (2b), Maja Tokarska (Hisamitsu) 10 (5b), Nana Iwasaka (Hisamitsu) 7 (2b), Yuki Ishii (Hisamitsu) 7 (1b), Chizuru Kotoh (Hisamitsu) 2, Sayaka Tsutsui (Hisamitsu) L, Yumi Mizuta (Hisamitsu) sub 0, Erika Sakae (Hisamitsu) sub 0, Fumika Moriya (Hisamitsu) sub 0, Mana Toe (Hisamitsu) sub L
    Hisae Watanabe (Hitachi) 17, Cursty Jackson (Hitachi) 11, Nanami Inoue (Hitachi) 5 (2b), Mami Uchiseto (Hitachi) 5, Moemi Tohi (Hitachi) 4, Miya Satoh (Hitachi) 0, Arisa Satoh (Hitachi) L, Kaori Mabashi (Hitachi) sub 10 (1b), Megumi Kurihara (Hitachi) sub 1, Kana Shimohira (Hitachi) sub 0, Anna Koike (Hitachi) sub 0, Maiha Haga (Hitachi) sub 0, Kanako Saitoh (Hitachi) sub L

Serve Receive killed Hitachi, what I mean is take away Arisa Sato and Uchiseto, they were 25/29 excellents, rest of team 18/46. Mabashi played 1.5 sets and was 6/23
    Hitachi had 21 more swings, only 4 kills more, but 8 more errors. Plus the 8 block deficit. This was a winnable match, but they did not perform. Winnable in the sense that excluding the 2nd set, they were within two points at the end of the 1st and 3rd set.

• V-League Challenge Matches, Match 1 of 2

Okayama Seagulls 3-1 Ageo Medics (29-27, 19-25, 25-18, 25-23)
    Moe Sasaki (Okayama) 26 (2b), Rosir Calderon Diaz (Ageo) 46 (2b, 1a)

PFU Blue Cats 2-3 Denso Airybees (25-19, 14-25, 19-25, 25-19, 17-19)
    Jennifer Doris (PFU) 23 (5b), Christiane Fürst (Denso) 23 (4b)

• Anyone know what happened to Nakaoji?

• @ brahmin, tonight To go the Golden Set, does Hitachi needs to win in 3-0 ? or they can in even in 3-2? Thank u.

Actually, neither.
    No match points for the Final 3 and Finals.
    Only wins matter. If it is tied at 1 win each, then will a 25 point golden set be played.

I had to look at the details and it says, match points, sets ratio and points ratio do not matter.

• Okayama :aww:
    They lost 2nd relegation match against Ageo Medics by 0-3, and they will play V-challenge league next season...

Miyashita ;(

• I think the stream at Volleyball Cup is a teeny weeny bit better than the betting channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAiwNKh4gSs

Here's hoping for a Golden Set :super:

• Hitachi's picking up. Couple great digs by Arisa. :obey:

• I`m so proud of Hisamitsu, even without Nagaoka they did it, that really shows they are a great team and it is not all about Nagaoka. She`s just one of them.
    I did not watch the beginning, I did not see if Watanabe started and did not play good and she did not play at all...and of course Hitachi wont him without her. Himachura ( I`m sorry but I can spell it right), did a nice job replacing job....

Sitnose - did you see that lady they were showing all the time on the stands? She is the NT new head coach.

• I did see Kumi Nakada up there. I had googled her so I recognized her. Watanabe did start and didn't play well. At one point about 16-13 I think, she had a look of defeat on her face that troubled me. Don't know if she lost faith or was in pain. I thought it was a great match. Lots of good rallies, lots of great Arisa, and, without the scoreboard, I don't think Hitachi looked like they were losing too much. Congrats to Hisamitsu. The Oumi Red Rockets are waiting! :super:

• March 12, 2017, Final 3 Match 2 of 2

Hisamitsu Springs 3-1 Hitachi Rivale (25-16, 20-25, 25-23, 25-21)
    Hisamitsu advances to Final vs. NEC Red Rockets

Risa Shinnabe (Hisamitsu) 17 (2b), Rika Nomoto (Hisamitsu) 17 (1b), Nana Iwasaka (Hisamitsu) 13 (4b), Maja Tokarska (Hisamitsu) 11 (2b), Yuki Ishii (Hisamitsu) 11, Chizuru Kotoh (Hisamitsu) 1 (1b), Sayaka Tsutsui (Hisamitsu) L, Yumi Mizuta (Hisamitsu) sub 0, Erika Sakae (Hisamitsu) sub 0, Mana Toe (Hisamitsu) sub L, Risa Ishibashi (Hisamitsu) sub 0
    Kaori Mabashi (Hitachi) 14, Mami Uchiseto (Hitachi) 14, Cursty Jackson (Hitachi) 14, Nanami Inoue (Hitachi) 5 (1b), Hisae Watanabe (Hitachi) 3, Miya Satoh (Hitachi) 1, Arisa Satoh (Hitachi) L, Megumi Kurihara (Hitachi) sub 16 (3b, 1a), Kana Shimohira (Hitachi) sub 0, Kanako Saitoh (Hitachi) sub 0, Moemi Tohi (Hitachi) sub 0, Maiha Haga (Hitachi) sub 0

Hisamitsu again won the blocking battle 10-4, and both teams were even at the service line.
    Uchiseto was the serving target today for Hisamitsu and she did well with 31/40, but Mabashi and Kurihara were a combined 13/30
    Ishii was the target for Hitachi 31/46

Watanabe 3/18 in spikes in the 1st set, so Kurihara came in for her and stayed in the match. Meg led Hitachi in scoring coming off the bench.

Both teams appear balanced in scoring, with a slight loss for Hitachi with Inoue at 5 points, whereas all 5 hitters with Hisamitsu got to double digits.

• V-League Challenge Matches, Match 2 of 2

Okayama Seagulls 0-3 Ageo Medics (24-26, 24-26, 17-25)
    Ageo Medics win series on sets 4-3 (tied on match points 3-3) and are promoted to Premier League
    Shuka Kaneda (Okayama) & Moe Sasaki (Okayama) 11, Rosir Calderon Diaz (Ageo) 37 (1b)

Okayama could no stop Calderon Diaz. Ageo with 8 blocks to 3 for Okayama. Okayama had 10 more swings, but 15 less kills.
    Okayama was bad all season, and I really don't think that it is Haruka's fault. The team around her has gotten worse.
    Mai Yamaguchi averaged 2 points per set in the regular season as a middle. Miyashita has more blocks than her.
    Okayama never brings a foreigner to help with the offense. I know that they are not company owned, but that possibly would take some pressure off of the offense.

PFU Blue Cats 0-3 Denso Airybees (22-25, 22-25, 22-25)
    Denso Airybees win series on match points 5-1 and are promoted to Premier League
    Yukiko Ebata (PFU) 14, Yurie Nabeya (Denso) 23

PFU had to win but Nabeya was the key for Denso's offense with 23 kills, half of their spikes.
    PFU's problem has been outside of Doris and Ebata. Today 17 kills on 79 swings outside of Doris and Ebata. PFU needed more and did not get it.