Japan - V.Premier League 2016-2017

• In my efforts to understand this competition (and get the score of last night's JT game) I stumbled on this App called FlashScore. In its "Standings" section they seem to have ranked the teams according to "Sets Won-Sets Lost" exclusively, and state that The Body Queens and Toray Arrows are promoted to the Playoff Semi-finals (NEC promoted to the Finals).

I'm guessing that for the standings Flashscore App show something like this:

Rank, Team, Pts, Match Played, Wins, Losses, Set W-L
    1. NEC Red Rockets 12, 5, 4, 1, 12-5
    2. Toyota Autobody Queensesis 7, 5, 2, 3, 10-9
    3. Toray Arrows 7, 5, 2, 3, 11-12
    4. Hitachi Rivale 7, 5, 2, 3, 10-12
    5. Hisamitsu Springs 6, 5, 3, 2, 10-12
    6. JT Marvelous 6, 5, 2, 3, 9-12

The reason why the FlashScore App is showing that Toyota Autobody Queenseis (I'm guessing that what you meant by The Body Queens) and Toray Arrows making the Final 3 is because it failed to take into account the points each teams in the Final 6 gained from their position in the regular season. Brahmin previously mention:

League gives out match points at the end of the regular season to the Top 6 teams to start the Final 6. So NEC finished first, and started the Final 6 with 5 points. Hisamitsu 4, Hitachi 3, JT 2, Toyota 1, Toray 0.

Now if you add these points to the standing shown above then you get something like the standings at bottom of the match stats provided by Brahmin and what is on the V-League official website http://www.vleague.or.jp/stand…season_id=681&round_id=12.

Final 6 Standings
    Rank, Team, Pts, Match Played, Wins, Losses, Set W-L
    1. NEC Red Rockets 17, 5, 4, 1, 12-5
    2. Hisamitsu Springs 10, 5, 3, 2, 10-12
    3. Hitachi Rivale 10, 5, 2, 3, 10-12
    4. JT Marvelous 8, 5, 2, 3, 9-12
    5. Toyota Auto Body Queensesis 8, 5, 2, 3, 10-9
    6. Toray Arrows 7, 5, 2, 3, 11-12

I hope that help.

So, it was the last match for Saori... Wish her all the best in personal life! It's a pity that she won't play for a medal in her last season...but she has been incredible for 15 years!

I still hope she will return for Tokyo 2020... maybe?

We can only hope. ;( I wished I had seen Saori played earlier in her career. :wall:

• I was looking on the V.Premier official site via Google Translate for the Final 3 schedule, which they haven't defined beyond 2 vs 3 ....

oh, a post from theloneracer helps. I tried for 10 minutes to get the site to display what you just linked to. And yes, that is what Flashscore listed.

I'm going with Brahmin's numbers, just feeling a little frustrated at how complicated this sport seems, and unsupported/unpromoted it is, granted google translating doesn't help.

I noticed some all star fan voting results are in at the site. They are just pasted in images so Google didn't translate. That official web site feels like a discombobulated mess with more ads than info. Although that's kind of the Japanese way. :)

So ... Hitachi and Hisamitsu will play two matches this weekend and the winner (after fashioning in all the tiebreaking rules and Golden parachutes) will play NEC two matches the following weekend. Is that right? lol

(I'm watching NEC play IBK from Korea, I think from last year. Good quality video.)

• So ... Hitachi and Hisamitsu will play two matches this weekend and the winner (after fashioning in all the tiebreaking rules and Golden parachutes) will play NEC two matches the following weekend. Is that right? lol

Yes, that is correct. (I`m jut not sure if they play the final on the following weekend after the semi-final or if they wait 1 week.)

Last year, Hitachi qualified to the Final...and Hisamitsu 3 vs 2 Toray in the semi-final.
    In the Final Hisamitsu 3 - 0 Hitachi.

• I want to thank you folks for holding me down and forcing me to watch some V.Premier League. It's been great! I've met some players formerly unknown to me that I like, and I've really enjoyed the competitions. There's only so many times I can re-watch the Russians or Chinese beat my beloved Japanese NT (OG2012 Quarterfinals notwithstanding) The Finals are going to be fun. I've settled on rooting for the Oumi Red Rockets. Yanagita is impressing me more and more.

The downside is the rabbit hole of understanding the various tournaments the teams play in. I still don't understand the various NT tournaments and their qualifications, B-teams, and regional this and thats, so trying to understand the same for the V.Premier League seems daunting. I'm also not good with numbers so engaging a sport based on a "points" system, rather than straight wins and losses, is going to be a struggle.

Before I forget about it, can anyone tell me what this NEC (JAP) vs IBK (KOR) is all about, on or around May 12th 2015? I don't hold Youtube video titles to anything but it says "Japan Korea Club Championship".

This is the rabbit hole. Asian Women’s Club Championship, AVC Cup, Women's Club World Championship. What else? I can't find anywhere that NEC played a SOUTH Korean team.

• It is called V.League Top Match. Japan champions meet south korean champions. Women's match wasn't played last season. While men's match was played and turned into a mini tournament with the add of the chinese champions. :D

• B-team.

A team is made of the 12 best players, called the main roster. a B-team is made of the next 12 best players.

But a B team, does not exist, it is a term we like to use. For example China played the Grand Prix preliminary round with their 12 main/best players. They qualified for the final round, but Lang Ping decided to not send China`s 12 main/best players. She wanted to rest them and prepare to the Olympics. So the Grand Prix final round, she sent only a few players that are part of the main team and she filled the roster with some other players. Which means, the team that played the Grand Prix Finals was not China`s main roster, so we call them B Team.

Mostly tournaments, if you win a game in 3-0 or 3-1 you get 3 points, but if you win in 3-2 you get 2 points, and the looser gets 1 point.

Over here you can find all the tournaments organized by FIVB.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ernationale_de_Volleyball

click on the tournament and then choose a edition, and go on tournament qualifying and you will see how the teams qualify.

• It is called V.League Top Match. Japan champions meet south korean champions. Women's match wasn't played last season. While men's match was played and turned into a mini tournament with the add of the chinese champions. :D

So It's a kind of "Friendly Game"? Usually only between Japan and S. Korea. Little to no prize money ... Just my luck while trying to learn about this stuff I pick something weird and random.

Just for practice ... as an outline:

The next thing for the NEC Red Rockets, as the Winners of the 2016 Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship is to play in the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship (I see Hisamitsu is playing as Host, as well).

Then, whomever wins this V.League Season Finals next week will play in the 2017 Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship (Assuming it's the Oumi Red Rockets, they will be busy playing a lot, and all the other 5-7 teams go home for the summer). By then we'll be hearing about who's on the NT and be gearing up for the Grand Prix.

Bonus - What the heck is the AVC Cup, The Asian Volleyball Cup Cup? To be held in the fall. I looked at last years' roster and it looks like a B Team

• It's an official game. Teams take is seriously. Once Leonardo Leyva broken the single match points record there, but his team lost 3-2 despite he scored 59 points. ^^

I don't know if they will play it this season. It always depends on how busy the schedule is.

• It's an official game. Teams take is seriously. Once Leonardo Leyva broken the single match points record there, but his team lost 3-2 despite he scored 59 points. ^^

I don't know if they will play it this season. It always depends on how busy the schedule is.

Right now on the English KOVO website, they don't have anything so far. On the Japanese V-League site it is also the same.

• Challenge Matches, March 11th and 12th at the Yamato Sports Center

Okayama Seagulls vs. Ageo Medics
    PFU Blue Cats vs. Denso Airybees

2 matches total, tiebreakers are as follows:
    1. Match points (3,2,1,0 system)
    2. Sets ratio
    3. Points ratio

• Isn't this like the third year in a row that PFU Blue Cats and Denso Airybees will be playing against each other in the Challenge Matches?
    In my opinion the V.Premier League should just have 10 teams instead of 8 teams. They can keep the Final 6 the way it is and have the bottom 4 teams play against each other like the Final 6 to decide who play the teams from the V.Challenge League I.

Any update on Nagaoka's injury?

I hope it's not something serious

Sorry the only news I seen only talks about her getting injured. I watched a replay of the match and it didn't seem like an ankle injury. Like nnnneil0929, I also think it a knee injury. From the side view I couldn't she her ankle rolled when her feet landed. And the way the support staffs carried her off the court it didn't look like they care too much about her ankle.

It is called V.League Top Match. Japan champions meet south korean champions. Women's match wasn't played last season. While men's match was played and turned into a mini tournament with the add of the chinese champions.

Hisamitsu Springs and Hyundai E&C didn't play each other last year as both teams had players in the Japanese and Korean NT and they were busy getting ready for Rio so only the men have their tournament. 2008 and 2012 was cancelled due to Olympics, 2011 was due to earthquakes, and 2014 was due to scheduling.

sitenoise I wouldn't call this just a friendly game. When it come to anything between Japan and Korea there is always a strong and fierce rivalry not just in volleyball but in all sports.

Right now on the English KOVO website, they don't have anything so far. On the Japanese V-League site it is also the same.

The English KOVO website is useless. I did managed to find some stats for a few of the women matches from the Korean KOVO website: 2009 Hisamitsu & Toray played against GS Caltex & Heungkuk, 2010 KT&G vs Toray, 2015 IBK vs NEC, and by sheer luck I found these from Japanese V-League website: 2010 KT&G vs Toray, 2013 Hisamitsu vs IBK, 2015 IBK vs NEC. I also found brahmin's post in the Korean Men 2012-2013 thread with the link to the stats for that match.

• Marvelous work! :thumbup:

• V-League All Star Game, March 25th, Fukaya Big Turtle Arena in Saitama Prefecture

Fan Vote Selections:
    S: Miya Satoh (Hitachi), Haruka Miyashita (Okayama)
    MB: Mai Yamaguchi (Okayama), Nana Iwasaka (Hisamitsu), Miyuki Hiramatsu (Toyota), Mai Okumura (JT)
    OH: Yuki Ishii (Hisamitsu), Akari Oumi (NEC), Mizuki Yanagita (NEC), Saori Kimura (Toray), Saori Sakoda (Toray), Hisae Watanabe (Hitachi)
    L: Miku Torigoe (NEC), Aki Maruyama (Okayama)

V-League Recommendations:
    S: Kaname Yamaguchi (NEC), Misaki Tanaka (JT)
    MB: Carly Wopat (Toray), Erika Araki (Toyota), Kaho Ohno (Toray), Aimi Kawashima (Okayama)
    OH: Polina Rahimova (Toyota), Yukiko Ebata (PFU), Satoe Mitsuhashi (PFU), Sarina Koga (NEC), Mizuki Tanaka (JT), Risa Shinnabe (Hisamitsu)
    L: Arisa Satoh (Hitachi), Misato Kimura (Toray)

• Awesome. The fans really got it right except for Arisa Satoh. And of course I'd add Horikawa. I'm really anxious to watch this, hoping it's not as silly as the Chinese and Korean--but they were okay for what they were, seeing the girls have fun acting like normal people a little bit.

I've been watching a lot of Oumi Red Rockets games. The 2016 Asian Club Championship (Sept 3-11, Philippines) was gold. Good quality video, english/tagalog mix commentary. Mizuki Yanagita rocks my world. :obey:

• Hitachi my favorite for the championship
    -Miya Satoh & Hisae Watanabe deserve to be in the NT