Brazilian League 2017/2018

• It's a sensitive topic but Tiffany becoming a player on the level of Tandara is like a sudden spike to greatness. She's scoring higher points/set than the best scorers of the league.... I guess we have to see her performance against the best teams in Superliga if she could manage to play like this. If it keeps up... that would let Palacio play as wing receiver until the playoffs.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Brazil ex-NT member, Ana Paula, sounded off on Twitter regarding Tiffany's physical & physiological advantage.

It is a very sensitive topic. People will label you as sexist if you say Tiffany should not be playing on the women's section. As a sport science enthusiast myself, I do agree that there are HUGE advantage for her in terms of strength and power because of her muscle mass and the activation of her motor cells unit.

• RETURN - 2nd ROUND

12/22/2017
    SESI-SP 0x3 BRB/Brasília Vôlei
    SESI: Domingas (OH) 13, Neneca (OPP) 9, Glayce (OH) 6;
    Brasília: Malu (OPP) 15, Aline (MB) 14, Fê Campos (MB) 10 -5 blocks-;
    MVP: Thaynã (S)

Hinode/Barueri 0x3 SESC-RJ video
    Barueri: Jaqueline (OH) 8, Érika (OH) 6, Edinara (OPP) 5;
    Rio de Janeiro: Peña Isabel (OH) 13, Juciely (MB) & Drussyla (OH) 11;
    MVP: Peña Isabel (OH)

E.C. Pinheiros 0x3 Camponesa/Minas
    Pinheiros: Bruna (OPP) 11, Mari Cassemiro (OH) 9, Ivna (OH) 7;
    Minas: Pri Daroit (OH) 11, Mara (MB) 11 -5 blocks-, Carol Gattaz (MB) 8;
    MVP: Karine (S)

Fluminense F.C. 3x2 Vôlei Bauru
    Fluminense: Thaisinha (OH) & Renatinha (OPP) 20, Lara (MB) 13 -7 blocks-;
    Bauru: Tifanny (OPP) 30, Palácios (OH) 22, Andressa (MB) 5;
    MVP: Renatinha (OPP)

São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano 0x3 Dentil/Praia Clube
    São Caetano: Sonaly (OH) 13, Sabrina (OPP) & Mimi Sosa (MB) 9;
    Praia Clube: Amanda (OH) 15, Nicole Fawcett & Fê Garay (OH) 12;
    MVP: Suelen (L)

Renata Valinhos/Country 0x3 Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco
    Valinhos: Paula Mohr (OH) 11, Nayara (OH) 10, Vivian (MB) 8;
    Osasco: Angela Leyva (OH) 15, Nati Martins (MB) 12, Nadja Ninkovic (MB) 11 -6 blocks-;
    MVP: Angela Leyva (OH)

• how tall is abreu? from photos, she looks like she's definitely much taller and bigger than the other players.

also it seems from the internet, that she played in men's teams (in mexico?) while transitioning, which cannot have been easy for her...

• how tall is abreu? from photos, she looks like she's definitely much taller and bigger than the other players.

also it seems from the internet, that she played in men's teams (in mexico?) while transitioning, which cannot have been easy for her...

In Belgium second division.

• here is part of the link where Tiffany played and scored 30 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIhWJhQ9W1s

She didn't score 30 points in this match. As I said before, she was back up in the beginning of this match. She scored 15 points.
    The match in which she scored 30 points was not broadcasted.

• Just found out about Thaisa's divorce.

I did saw that one coming from a mile but I am sad it actually happened. Very curious what was the cause of the split.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I have a feeling that Kasiely will have her Drussyla / Roberta moment. Coming in as back up and then shine and then become regular starter. I hope she will stick with Coach Bernadinho because that man knows what he is doing. He plays a huge role in developing some of Brazil female NT players.

• I have a feeling that Kasiely will have her Drussyla / Roberta moment. Coming in as back up and then shine and then become regular starter. I hope she will stick with Coach Bernadinho because that man knows what he is doing. He plays a huge role in developing some of Brazil female NT players.

I disagree but I'm fine with surprises.

Kasiely is too weak as an offensive player. Pena will be that player.

Rio also still has Gabi to count on next year. She already played in a match. Don't see how anyone can match her when she's in great condition.

#FreeBritney

• I disagree but I'm fine with surprises.

Kasiely is too weak as an offensive player. Pena will be that player.

Rio also still has Gabi to count on next year. She already played in a match. Don't see how anyone can match her when she's in great condition.

I am not saying this season. It is like Drussyla and Roberta has been backup for Gabi/Natalia and Fofao (and Thomson) for years and then they got that one match where they turned things around and then they become the regular starter. Kasiely is in that process now imo. Yes she is weaker in offense but her receiving and defensing skills are decent. It will take another 2 years maybe for her to be good.

I am wondering how the OH going to be since Gabi is back on court. Will it be Gabi/Drussyla or Gabi/Pena. Gabi has the best receiving and defensive skills out of the three, while Drussyla's reception is decent and she can kill, too. Pena's reception is a question mark, and her kill has been 50-50 but it is understandable because she came in late to join the team.

• It will be Gabi/Drussyla because it is in fact the best duo. But both Peña and Kasiely will probably have some time on the court when Drussyla starts making mistakes in the backrow and when Gabi doesn't play her best in the net.

• Article about Tifanny on Yahoo USA. Over 5K comments and almost everyone thinks she has a unfair advantage over the born women.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trans…o-olympics-024344856.html

I was supporting Tiffany so far and have been an LGBT activist for all my life even though I'm straight myself. I just wanted to say looking at some of these 5K comments I can already tell most of them are written by cis, conservative/close minded and definitely very transphobic people which I cannot stand and btw for some reason theyre more interested in LGBT people then LGBT people themselves smh anyway I have to admit I do think that Tiffany has an unfair advantage compared to the other girls. I think it would have been better if she didn't play male pro volleyball for so many years and if she had transitioned earlier. Still think we can make an exception for her but indeed she is used to male volleyball which you simply cannot compare to females. I think it is important from now on to be even more open minded (volleyball world) and support trans players so they can express themselves early on and transition before they get such an advantage and give them some time with their hormones. Probably its already better then at Tiffany's time but still there is a long way to go and I honestly cannot find a simple solution for this problem. Btw I am a bit late with this as I just saw this post. R.I.P. Fabio