Brazilian League 2017/2018

• boring. It seems that the level of volleyball in brazil has gone bad... no challenges for the favorites...

Rosa maria and pri daroit making bad receptions n attack
    On the other hand, fe garay and claudinha are good... whoaaaa

• Minas is a hopeless mess this season. Hiring Macris and keeping Daroit of all people as starter was a mistake.

I don't think Macris has been that bad.. also Pri has had many good games.. As I said the problem is everyone wants just to hit hard, and reception line with Rosamaria and Pri is too weak.. I have no idea why Sonja didn't come in, at least to receive

• I don't think Macris has been that bad.. also Pri has had many good games.. As I said the problem is everyone wants just to hit hard, and reception line with Rosamaria and Pri is too weak.. I have no idea why Sonja didn't come in, at least to receive

That's what I mean by keeping Daroit. The reception doesn't work, Macris is not always precise, the whole team panics and then no one can attack well. Rosa can function a lot better with a pure defensive OH by her side like Jaque.

Macris is good, but I don't think she fit whatever style Minas is trying to have this season. I hope Sonja brings some more stability to the team because they desperately need it.

• I don't think Macris has been that bad.. also Pri has had many good games.. As I said the problem is everyone wants just to hit hard, and reception line with Rosamaria and Pri is too weak.. I have no idea why Sonja didn't come in, at least to receive

For what I understood, watching Lavarini’s interview for SporTV, she is just inscribed for Superliga, she couldn’t play Copa Brasil. But I didn’t pay too much attention, I may be wrong.

• For what I understood, watching Lavarini’s interview for SporTV, she is just inscribed for Superliga, she couldn’t play Copa Brasil. But I didn’t pay too much attention, I may be wrong.

Yes, Sonja could not play in this match because the rules would not allow a mid season transfer to play in the Copa . It is a shame because she really could have helped Minas today. Maybe the couldn't have won, but it would have been a better match with Sonja in :teach:

• Brazil Cup Semifinals

Dentil/Praia Clube 3x0 Camponesa/Minas (27x25, 25x14, 25x14) video
    Praia Clube: Fê Garay (OH) 15, Walewska (MB) 12, Carla (OPP) 10;
    Minas: Destinee Hooker (OPP) 14, Rosamaria (OH) 12, Carol Gattaz (MB) 10;

SESC-RJ 1x3 Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco (22x25, 17x25, 20x20, 21x25) video
    Rio de Janeiro: Peña Isabel (OH) 14, Mayhara (MB) 12 -5 blocks-, Juciely (MB) 12;
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 24, Bia (MB) 15, Leyva (OH) & Ninkovic (MB) 10;

Brazil Cup Final

Dentil/Praia Clube 0x3 Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco (17x25, 17x25, 19x25) video
    Praia Clube: Fabiana (MB) & Fê Garay (OH) 9, Amanda (OH) 7;
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) & Bia (MB) 14, Ángela Leyva (OH) 12;

• Praia always seems to get lost in the important matches. It happened in the previous seasons with the Supercopa and SL finals. This season the team lost the Mineiro Cup (not sure if the name is correct) and now, the Copa Brasil. What I don't get is why does it keep happening since they always have veterans playing. It's not like the team is full of newbies, they actually have Olympic champions who are not new to being in decisive games. I actually thought they could win.

Osasco, on the other hand, surprised me with how they played considering how they've been playing this season. I hope they can keep it up for the rest of the season.