Brazilian League 2017/2018

• Leyva needs to be better with the reception.

With Tandara as opposite. Things get harder for Lorenne and Paula but with that thing happening. They should now be force to compete with Leeyva as receivers. I think that's a good thing overall. It's not the end of the road for them. They should just try harder like Rosamaria from the last season.

If you watch the games of Osasco more attentively... You will see every time they reach a tiebreak. Tandara would've touched the ball a hundred times from reception to attacks. By that time... Tandara lost all her gas and is prone of commiting mistakes.

I obviously do not agree on Lulzumar's choices because of the weird transfer on Lorenne(I had an idea back before that Tandara might play opposite which could put Lorenne and Paula's position under peril) but at the rate at which Tandara is going... She will be too exhausted or possibly be sidelined with an injury if she keeps becoming the target of service pressure and becomes the Fabiola's favorite workhorse every time they have a bad pass.

I think for now... It is imperative Leyva have a feel of the league or Osasco will lose every bit of momentum they have. The peruvian has potential. Let's not kid ourselves. She had a great game today and I am satisfied as long as she keeps on improving.

I guess I was the only fool here who actually believed in Lulzamar's choice of Leyva and Tandara as opposite. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm in love with Lorenne! Her defense was on point which can be missing from Tandara when she's tired and she scored some points too. They almost didn't even need Fabiola and Tandara to come back which is really good for her. I hope she improves cause I could see Tandara coming back as a receiver if she becomes more steady with his attack. Poor Paula Brogo though. I think Lulzamar wants Lorenne more. The girl didn't lose a heartbeat in that game when she had a chance to play and that's what you need from an opposite.

C-L-U-T-C-H. :obey:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• my mvp in the final is bia - ruined praia’s reception and monstrous in the blockade
    Surprises: pancake delivery of mari paraiba and 90’s cuban style of spike courtesy of lorenne and angela leyva..

Should lorenne given the opportunity to shine, she’ll excel much.

As for tandara, she was blocked two times by fabiana but its alright. She blocks praia’s outside hitters too. She made 14 points, same as bia!

The secret weapon of brazil is tassia... she made a runaway of fe garay! Who is very lethal in the wing area. I think it was strategized. The jumps of fabiola and bia, even ninkovic and leyva against fe garay’s spikes are well calculated... which made a few points for garay!

As for praia, experience was beaten by young, team play

High respects to fe garay who fight hard even at the last point of osasco.
    During the thirs set with osasco 7 and praia 3, she mad repetitive efforts to even close the score.
    Bad game for amanda, but without her, no one else is to be considered! Ellen’s service is detrimental, always on the net

Suelen, for me, doesnt go after the ball. It should be acted upon the very taught of point from the team. But i congratulate her losing weight to counter attacks...

Teo middle blockers plus natasha. Fabiana’s slide attacks were not consistent but her blockin gis superb. Walewska is ok but her service is a flop.

High admiration to carla that even if she is small plays well for praia in the absence of fawcett...
    Also to fawcett who spikes hard rven if it would mean damage or pain in her calf.

I think claudinha should train well to be in nt this year....

As for the moment:
    My top 6 in the brazil nt:
    Tandara
    Garay
    Gabi
    Roberta
    Fabiola/claudinha

Tassia

Edinara
    Carol
    Bia
    Adenizia
    Natalia

Lorenne

*drussyla is in trouble of her slot! She had a bad season. :’(
    Monique might be use or amanda. But we will see

• Sheilla's take on Tiffany's case may be the most sensible, unbiased and appropriate response.(just look for her instagram post for more details)

I think quota is definitely needed. If we cannot prevent players like Tiffany to dominate a league. I guess just make a quota to keep the balance of the leagues and the international tournaments. We cannot shut them down so we have to keep the field an equal ground for everybody.

The case of Tiffany is very interesting and beautiful at the same time but may present some ugly truths about the hormone theraphy. It is a fight for freedom from judgmental people but it is also a battle of justice in the spirit of competition.

#FreeBritney

• Sheilla's take on Tiffany's case may be the most sensible, unbiased and appropriate response.(just look for her instagram post for more details)

I think quota is definitely needed. If we cannot prevent players like Tiffany to dominate a league. I guess just make a quota to keep the balance of the leagues and the international tournaments. We cannot shut them down so we have to keep the field an equal ground for everybody.

The case of Tiffany is very interesting and beautiful at the same time but may present some ugly truths about the hormone theraphy. It is a fight for freedom from judgmental people but it is also a battle of justice in the spirit of competition.

Did you listen Sheilla interview? She knows nothing about what she is talking about. She clearly doesn't know the difference between transsexual and gay, people, she said a lot of ignorant/disrespectful things like now all gays and queers (she used a offensive term in Portuguese "viados") will start treatment to play in women volleyball and used the male pronoun when talking about Tifanny :aww:

• Did you listen Sheilla interview? She knows nothing about what she is talking about. She clearly doesn't know the difference between transsexual and gay, people, she said a lot of ignorant/disrespectful things like now all gays and queers (she used a offensive term in Portuguese "viados") will start treatment to play in women volleyball and used the male pronoun when talking about Tifanny :aww:

Well culture is different and she's probably not educated in that regard and I hope she apologized later but it still doesn't stop the stuff surrounding Tiffany and she does seemed to have an unfair advantage over the other women. If i have to use an example. It would be devastating if Tandara loses her titular space because of Tiffany. The girl waited how many years to become Brazil's opposite and here comes Tiffany. Deserving or not... It needs a discussion to resolve the problem. The advent of Tiffany actually brings a scenario where biological women may not be needed to play because Tiffany and some transgendered women are stronger athletes than them. We already have some events involving Iran sending transgendered women to their football team. If it happens to football... who says it won't happen to volleyball?

Anyway. quota seems to be the most possible solution.

#FreeBritney

• Sheilla's an amazing athlete, but geez she's a garbage person. She's completely ignorant.

She probably did not handle the interview the best she could but what makes her a garbage person? We all know she supported many positive things over the years but a single statement you disagreed with is enough to completely erase all the good things she has done as a person?

What's wrong with protecting the space meant for biological women? We all know the opposite will never happen with the men's division when a transgendered man may try to play the men's league but could be possible with the women's league. It's not a concept that may go away with the advent of Tiffany. If asking to regulate the way they handle these makes her a trash person then so be it. :white:

#FreeBritney

• When will Bauru play against the top tier teams like Rio, Praia by the way? It would be a great litmus test to see how Tiffany handles stronger opponents like those teams.

In Serie A2. She had an insane points per set but this is a stronger league which is very interesting to me to see if she could play better than Tandara. I could see Tandara losing space as a titular opposite unless she switches to a receiver in the national team. I actually like Tandara as a receiver so I don't know. Guess we will see.

#FreeBritney

• When will Bauru play against the top tier teams like Rio, Praia by the way? It would be a great litmus test to see how Tiffany handles stronger opponents like those teams.

In Serie A2. She had an insane points per set but this is a stronger league which is very interesting to me to see if she could play better than Tandara. I could see Tandara losing space as a titular opposite unless she switches to a receiver in the national team. I actually like Tandara as a receiver so I don't know. Guess we will see.

Actually all matches from now on will be against the top 4 teams. :D First against Minas on the 26th. Then Praia then Osasco then Sesc :white:
    Guess we'll find out soon enough

• Actually all matches from now on will be against the top 4 teams. :D First against Minas on the 26th. Then Praia then Osasco then Sesc :white:
    Guess we'll find out soon enough

Dead. I completely forgot Bauru started the league against the strongest teams. :rolll:

Let's see how well the team matches. I don't think Bauru will win but it's a fixture for the history books. :box:

#FreeBritney

• Tandara is unbothered btw

https://youtu.be/YGz-3AfBPzA

We don't know how she truly feels inside.

Sheilla and Fabiana are up for the regulation(or whatever the proposed solution is) and those two have more connections with the national team than the whole forum It is a sensitive topic and it's something they will probably only talk about in close circles while they are still active as a player(Fabiana and Sheilla are retired in national team). Fabiana is still active in club but she's supportive of Sheilla's take on Tiffany's case. If we are to say only the two of those players feel the same about that then I have a bridge to sell to you. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Personally I really want Tiffany to be happy and live her dream as the wonderful lady she's become. I don't like discrimination like that and dont like how some people talk about her however when logically thinking yea she indeed has an unfair advantage compared to biological women physically. She even did a decent job at male's leagues afaik. I just hope the best possible solution for both sides can be found.

• Can someone pls translate a summary on whats happening here??!

Aline (@ 6:13) is a fucking queen. Love her.

The video is a report on Tifanny. Shows a little background to her story at first and then goes in to show come comments. Tandara and Paulo Coco are basically neutral and leave responsability to the IOC and other institutions, while Aline (Brasília MB) and Angélica (Bauru MB) come to Tifanny's defense.

Aline: "Her spike is strong and has a lot of power, yes, but Tandara also attacks with power. She makes mistakes, she tips the ball. She stands out, but I don't think it's all that. She receives like 90 balls a game, so it's normal for her to score 30 points".

Angélica: "She gets blocked just like the rest of us, she makes erros like us, it's not something extraordinary that you see and think it's a phenomenom".

Tandara: "Her attitude and courage are moving, but I leave it for the physiologists and specialits to speak up themselves about this".

This is a quick summary, so apologies for any grammar errors. Hope this is useful anyway. :D

• Thanks a lot :thumbsup: