Brazilian League 2017/2018

• this are my players to watch come 2018
    Mb :
    Queen - bia!!! U can see it that she serves strong! Blocks well and is a very intelligent player! Hone more of her confidence and she shall b egreat even at fabiana and thaissa
    Princess: carol - best of turkish league! Even at 6ft tall she blocks high and monstrous blocks! Attack has been improving. Maybe this is what you got after playing abroad along with the love of your life
    Adenizia - even if her club favors a new oppositeto score high for them, she is dtill the best blocker of their league

Fabiana - still on form but not to her glory days anymore
    Thaissa sad she is still recovering from injury!!!
    Jucy suffered a knee injury too
    Milka the one that makes promise!!! She blocks high as well

• though i hope she gives her slot to someone so she could act as receiver!

My heart bleeds for ana paula and lorenne!!! But as kf the moment lorenne is osasco’s second opposite!!!

But to the benefit of others! The ones that must be recommended are:

Bruna honorio of colgate pinheiros - awesome spike skill and can receive wel
    Edinara - of course. The face of an unassuming brazilian ready to kill and spike the ball
    Monique - through the years deceloped her wit and style of volleyball!
    Karoline tormena - i pity her. She is having a good season and she was replaced by that american!

• I agree she might not be the tallest MB out there but she can jump and jump higher then most of them. Another thing her body height is about 186cm but her arms are very very long and she can reach such a high point with those long arms. I agree about her attack which seems to have been improving a lot as well. :super:

• The players ranked with 7 points are Fabiana, Sheilla, Dani lins, Natalia, Gabi, Fe Garay, Jaque, Thaisa and Tandara. I remember last year they came out with a letter directed to CBV. They even brought CBV to the court if I'm not mistaken. I think Fabi from Rio should also be ranked 7 considering that she's one of the best, if not the best, libero in Brazil.

Regarding question number 5, I think the direct competitors of the 7 point ranked players are the foreigners. The highest ranked players and the foreign players are quite expensive so there might be some competition on who gets a space in one of the clubs along with a high salary.

The players hate being ranked because they said it limits their choices. But, I think even without the ranking they'll have a hard time looking for a club because they are so expensive especially the 2x Olympic champions. Their salaries should correspond to what they can do now and not what they did in the past.

I have to disagree.

You can never say no to experience. Experience is perhaps the biggest variable when both have physiques and skills.

Just because they are not producing the same performances from their heydays as the best players in Brazil... There are things you can learn from them which helps the young players grow as well.

Remember in the past... Many of the golden generation have to leave Brazil in order to play abroad for the sake of gaining experience and proving themselves to be quite ready to lead the national team. Serie A1 used to be the best league in the world. Jaque. Fofao Walewska. Mari. Sheilla. (all of those players came back to Brazil because the league is strong enough and can accomodate them properly because of the rule on brazilian players with 7 rating who went to a foreign club are considered a 1 rating if they play in Brazil again.) Imagine Brazil if those players didn't leave Brazil to pursue serie a in Italy. Brazil may never have won two olympic gold medals. :white:

Even Fe Garay went to Japan... :white:

Which brings us to the biggest problem of the new generation. A lot of those young players need to play in Europe or somewhere else to gain more experience. With the golden generation declining .They have to set their sights now to new horizon but I am not sure if they are ready. Rosamaria... Drusylla... Lorenne... Paula Borgo...Milka...Naiane...The new liberos... Brazil need better liberos :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Karoline tormena - i pity her. She is having a good season and she was replaced by that american!

?????????????????

Unfortunately I don't see anyone new/younger standing out in the league this year except for Bia. Tandara is her usual self, Drussyla is benching, Rosamaria is as unstable as always, Edinara is still super green... :whistle:

• I think Natalia is going to move to another club. She was successful last season with Fenerbahce but this season? Not so much. Having her and Gabi again on court for Sesc will be a dream come true but I think it will not be the case. Natalia might go play in Italy because she is at that level.

Btw, where is that setter that went to Olympic in London by a free ride? The one that made Fabiola lost her spot when she deserved it the most coz I think the backup setter spot in Rio belongs to Roberta.

• Sportv just canceled the live transmission of Minas-Bauru match. :wall:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• i thin kshe has attitude problems and will be playing in league b of the superliga.. she has grown old and in style...

For me: the notable setters of brazils are:

Roberta - good blocking skill, height reach and setting
    Fabiola - for years! Lets give this lady the chance!!! She had it in 2012 only to be called out by ze
    Claudinha - she was selected in 2013 but i dont know what had happened

Macris season in minas isnt good
    As for naiane in barueri.. ana christina played better than her

• Is Minas-Bauru or the Sesc match streaming today?

The stream for this one has been canceled, unfortunately. :/

Sesc x Pinheiros and Barueri x São Caetano are getting a broadcast, but for cable subs only.

• it is ashame that big brazilian networks are also not nationalistic and are after money only. After brazil triumphed with gold in rio 2016 football all matches of football has been broadcast with the decline of broadcast in brazilian volleyball... it should be noted that for brazil to take the gold again in tokyo everyone must unleash camaraderie and compassion towards it, the very being brazil holds against others. As of now fivb ranking brazil in no 4 spot with serbia in the third position and usa in the second. China being the world’s no 1... it would take another championship and league for brazil to rose to ranking again.

I commend its players for still believing in it despite shortage of exposure, time... i hope that they lit the fire burning in them..

• Naiane had an injury with her left knee and is still recovering...That's from Naiane's IG post with the other knee warriors(The two Gabis) raising their damaged knees up. :lol: I think that's how Ana Cristina started most of the season ahead of Naiane. From what I read... Ana Cristina is supposed to be the mentor but the knee injury of Naiane probably held the development up in Barueri and ended with what they have until Carli Lloyd became available.

About Carli.

I loved her demeanor inside the court. I think her leadership is really infectious. Barueri used to be aimless and I think with Carli's presence... she's making everything lighter and more fun. A lot of the players of Barueri felt gloomy and it doesn't help that Ze demands so much but I guess having someone new like Carli is the perfect situation. I think the confidence is returning so I hope to see Barueri bounce back. Thaisa's return could only sweeten the deal more. :drink:

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• last time she was called 2015! She had the height advantage 187 cm!!! However due to several injuries, it stopped her entry to the nt team..

I dont know ze’s plans but if she is really into jaque, she can scout her as libero. But im in the fenced of it since i love suellen’s set and receive to counter attack!

Gabi has problems with receptions if together with natalia in the back row... they dont have communication.

• Ana Tiemi in the NT is never gonna happen. I don't have anything against her, but she can't perform well even in mid-range Brazilian teams.

Not sure about Gabi's jump height, but it's been what, 2 or 3 games since she came back full time? It'll probably take quite a while for her to regain her best shape.

• Ana Tiemi in the NT is never gonna happen. I don't have anything against her, but she can't perform well even in mid-range Brazilian teams.

Not sure about Gabi's jump height, but it's been what, 2 or 3 games since she came back full time? It'll probably take quite a while for her to regain her best shape.

Hopefully. She is still an excellent receiver and still can score. I hope she can gain her momentum back asap.

And when is Thaisa going to play tho? I don't understand hiring these players towards the end of the season while they are barely playing. Skowronska have been in and out and she is not even playing well. Carli did a good job on her first game (although her style of setting is a bit awkward imo).