Brazilian League 2017/2018

• Hopefully. She is still an excellent receiver and still can score. I hope she can gain her momentum back asap.

And when is Thaisa going to play tho? I don't understand hiring these players towards the end of the season while they are barely playing. Skowronska have been in and out and she is not even playing well. Carli did a good job on her first game (although her style of setting is a bit awkward imo).

Thaisa will be on the 14-player roster for the first time this week. She was probably hired to get in shape quicker to be able to play in the national team...
    Regarding Skowronska, yes, I also think it was weird to hire her.

• I am nervous for Thaisa. I love her as a player although her attitude on court can be a little bit off-putting especially in Superliga. I am nervous to see her back. The thing with middle blocker is there are lots of lateral movements and jumping compared to outside or opposite. Wish her the best of luck.

And can someone please tell Skowronska to tidy up her hair do. That granny hair style is unflattering.

• RETURN - 5th ROUND

01/26/2018 stats
    Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco 3x2 Fluminense F.C. video
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 20, Mari Paraíba (OH) 15, Bia (MB) 12;
    Fluminense: Renatinha (OPP) 22, Thaisinha (OH) 17, Michelle (OH) 14;
    MVP: Bia (MB)

Dentil/Praia Clube 3x0 BRB/Brasília Vôlei
    Praia Clube: Fê Garay (OH) 14, Carla (OPP) 12, Walewska (MB) 10;
    Brasília: Aline (MB) 9 -6 blocks-, Lê (OPP) 9, Fê Campos (MB) 6;
    MVP:

SESC-RJ 3x0 E.C. Pinheiros video
    Rio de Janeiro: Gabi (OH) 14, Mayhara (MB) 12, Monique (OPP) 11;
    Pinheiros: Vanessa (OH) 9, Milka (MB) 8, Bruna (OPP) 6;
    MVP: Monique (OPP)

Camponesa/Minas 3x0 Vôlei Bauru
    Minas: Destinee Hooker (OPP) 23, Carol Gattaz (MB) 12, Sonja Newcombe (OH) 9;
    Bauru: Helô (OPP) 10, Tifanny (OPP) 6, Andressa (MB) 4;
    MVP: Destinee Hooker (OPP)

Renata Valinhos/Country 3x1 SESI-SP
    Valinhos: Paula Mohr (OH) & Nayara (OH) 20, Vivian (MB) 12;
    SESI: Domingas (OPP) 18, Dani Suco (MB) 16, Neneca (OPP/OH) 10;
    MVP: Mariana Galon (S)

Hinode/Barueri 3x0 São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano video
    Barueri: Edinara (OPP) 18, Francynne (MB) 14 -8 blocks-, Suelle (OH) 10;
    São Caetano: Camila Paracatu (MB) 12, Mimi Sosa (MB) 11, Fernanda Tomé (OH) 9;
    MVP: Lloyd (S)

• So far the performance of Destinee is still a roller coaster. One day she's great the next she's playing mediocre though she is playing better than the first round. Hopefully, she'll be more consistent going to the end of the series.

• Volei Bauru 2-3 Dentil Praia

Bauru: Tiffany 39 pts(breaks scoring record in Superliga)

Praia: Fe Garay, Ellen Braga 16 pts

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• RETURN - 6th ROUND

01/30/2018 stats
    E.C. Pinheiros 2x3 Hinode/Barueri
    Pinheiros: Bruna Honório (OPP) 33, Mari Cassemiro (OH) 11, Roberta (MB) 7 -6 blocks-;
    Barueri: Skowronska (OPP) 19, Jaqueline (OH) 14, Francynne (MB) 11 -6 blocks-;
    MVP: Érika Coimbra (OH)
    *Skowronska played the last three sets only.

Vôlei Bauru 2x3 Dentil/Praia Clube
    Bauru: Tifanny (OPP) 39 -6 blocks-, Yoana Palácios (OH) 14, Andressa (MB) 10;
    Praia Clube: Ellen (OH) 17, Fê Garay (OH) 16, Walewska (MB) 14 -5 blocks-;
    MVP: Fê Garay (OH)

Camponesa/Minas 3x1 SESI-SP
    Minas: Destinee Hooker (OPP) 24, Pri Daroit (OH) 22, Rosamaria (OH) 13;
    SESI: Glayce (OH) 15, Domingas (OPP) 12, Amábilie (OH) 9;
    MVP: Pri Daroit (OH)

BRB/Brasília Vôlei 0x3 Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco
    Brasília: Malu (OPP) 11, Aline (MB) 9, Mari Helen (OH) 5;
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 15, Mari Paraíba (OH) 13, Bia (MB) 8;
    MVP: Tássia (L)

São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano 3x1 Renata Valinhos Country
    São Caetano: Sonaly (OH) & Mimi Sosa (MB) 16, Camila Paracatu (MB) 13;
    Valinhos: Vivian (MB) 13, Paula Mohr (OH) 9, Nayara (OH) 8;
    MVP: Mimi Sosa (MB)

Fluminense F.C. 0x3 SESC-RJ video
    Fluminense: Renatinha (OPP) 16, Michelle Pavão (OH) 10, Lara (MB) 7;
    Rio de Janeiro: Juciely (MB) 11, Mayhara (MB) 10, Monique Pavão (OPP) 9;
    MVP: Roberta (S)

• Strong points from her though its 3-1... she is but younger..

Greatest revelation of the superliga
    Bia - contender no. 1 slot in the nt
    Carol - with her long arms, she can block zhu ting! As they have been playing in turkey.. same with natalia...

Natalia is injured so her season would end aweful.

Fe garay - her spirit is there!
    Jaque if they want her as libero

Tandara - premiere opposite
    Roberta - first setter
    Fabiola - second setter

Edinara - though she is still grin, he makes points well from her team against strong brazilian clubs!
    Gabi - consistent receiver, nice spiking skills as well
    Natalia - good spike jumps high!!!

• There's still Camila Brait. She's back in training with Osasco. I hope Ze mends his relationship with her after he cut her out in Rio.

I don't think Dani Lins will be ready judging her recent photos. She might not lose the weight and I don't think the nations league will be a good test for her.

Fabiola... I don't know. I think Naiane is still better. Her serves are deadlier so I feel she will be of more help than Fabiola. Macris doesn't click to me. I don't think she's better than Fabiola or Naiane. I would rather have Fabiola back for experience's sake and Naiane for renewal.

Edinara is too inconsistent. I think Lorenne would be better. And there's still a wild card in Tiffany.

Rosamaria will make it... especially if ZRG decides not to take another opposite. Amanda and Drusylla are just not that good in attack ,block and serve. I think Drusylla,Fernanda Tome and Amanda are going to battle it out for the last spot.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• I think that Fernanda Tomé will not battle for anything on NT, since she don't have level to play there, plus she is doing a poor season compareted to the last one.

I like Camila Brait, a lot, but after her statments about retiring for NT (forever), I don't think we will see her anymore there, and that's a problem of course, because our best libero at the moment, imho, is Gabiru, and she is recovering from her ACL injury, Suelen is doing an ok season and Leia is not in her best, Tassia (Osasco's libero) is improving right now, and is problably the best libero on Superliga.

Setter's spot is the most solved for me, we will not see anything different that Roberta, Dani Lins or Fabíola. Dani always will be first choice for Zé Roberto, if he waited until the last moment for Fabíola in Rio, so he will do the same for his favorite setter. If she don't get ready, Roberta and Fabíola for sure will be the setters.

Naiane is a great setter, but she was injured most part of the season and when we thought she was fully recovered, they hired Carli Lloyd because she is not 100% to play, and Zé don't call players that is on bench, so I think her chances in NT this year are very low.

Macris has always been overrated, and we're seeing it this season, in which she has the chance to play in a big team and is doing absolutely nothing special, often being replaced by the pregnant and 39 y.o Karine.

• I agree with you in almost anything, but I have to say that I don't trust Tassia and I think she's having a great season in Osasco because she gets a lot of help from Mari Paraiba, who is having one of her best seasons ever. I still prefer Leia over her, but our best libero right now would surely be Gabiru.

• Is there a way to watch the Praia vs Minas game today? Thanks

• FE garay commanding
    I have expected a toght match however it was blown out of proportion! Grest game by ellen carla n walewska as well..

• RETURN - 7th ROUND

02/02/2018 stats
    SESI-SP 3x1 São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano
    SESI: Domingas (OPP) 23 -5 blocks-, Amábile (OH) 15, Dani Suco (OH) 12;
    São Caetano: Fernanda Tomé (OH) 19, Mimi Sosa (MB) 17 -72%-, Sonaly (OH) 16;
    MVP: Domingas (OPP)
    Finally SESI win their first game in 17/18 season.

Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco 3x2 Vôlei Bauru video
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 31, Angela Leyva (OH) 16, Nadja Ninkovic (MB) 8;
    Bauru: Tifanny (OPP) 31, Andessa (MB) 15, Yoana Palácios (OH) 14;
    MVP: Tandara (OPP)

SESC-RJ 3x0 BRB/Brasília Vôlei
    Rio de Janeiro:
    Brasília:
    MVP: Fabi (L)

Renata Valinhos/Country 0x3 E.C. Pinheiros
    Valinhos: Ju Nogueira (OH) 9, Vivian (MB) & Ana Carolina (MB) 7;
    Pinheiros: Bruna Honório (OPP) 22 -4 aces-, Mari Cassemiro (OH) 11, Milka (MB) 6;
    MVP: Roberta (MB)

Hinode/Barueri 3x1 Fluminense F.C. video
    Barueri: Jaqueline (OH) 22, Katarzyna Skowronska (OPP) 16, Francynne (MB) 11 -5 blocks-;
    Fluminense: Renatinha (OPP) 14, Letícia Hage (MB) 10, Michelle Pavão (OH) 9;
    MVP: Jaqueline (OH)

Dentil/Praia Clube 3x1 Camponesa/Minas video
    Praia Clube: Walewska (MB) 19 -5 blocks, 76%-, Fernanda Garay (OH) 17, Ellen (OH) 15;
    Minas: Destinee Hooker (OPP) 14, Carol Gattaz (MB), Rosamaria (OH) & Newcombe (OH) 10;
    MVP: Walewska (MB)