Brazilian League 2017/2018

• Tandara on Tifanny

https://youtu.be/1Et-PFQCin0

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• first 6 for volei nestle:
    Tandara
    Bia/ninkovic
    Tassia
    Mari paraiba
    Fabiola
    Angela leyva

For volleyball bauru:
    Tiffany
    Andressa/valquira
    Gabi candido
    Yona palacios
    Juma
    Libero (sorry i forgot her name)

Sets to tiffany isnt precise;
    Valquira made points against volei nestle for counter sttacks
    Andress blocked tandara once

On the other hand, clever show of tips and spikes from angela leyva
    Bia is 50-50; but i like how she spike at the right side of the net when fabiola was about to set the ball to tandara!!! She spike it very hard!!!
    Tandara is lethal every point made is powerful even during that long rally. She and mari paraiba has an awesome reception!!!!

I could suggest that tandara be an outside hitter in the nt and mari paraiba does the job of amanda. Amanda recently was subbed by ellen braga as starter in dentil praia... :)

Just my thoughts

• Are you in favor of tiffany for nt?

As much as i would like to have her in the team, that would be unfair for other teams... cmmon even if fivb finalized theur decision!

• but i really would to have these starters since 2013!
    Fe garay n nati
    Tandara / rosamaria (during the time she was opposite)
    Dani lins / roberta (poor thing club season was with fofao)

Mb : no problem at all

Maybe brazil wont have problems with outside hitters and opposites...

• It's basically a lot of crap

It’s not a lot of crap, it’s her opinion, and we have to respect. Trying to translate what Tandara said: “I waited for our match up to say what I think, I waited so I could study a little bit more. I talked with our personal trainer, talked with physiologists, and now, with all the respect for the person and athlete that Tifanny is, I can say I’m against her being able to play in women leagues. And It’s not about if she can or can’t make a difference in the game, it’s not about her 39 points against Dentil/Praia, it’s because of her entire puberty as a male, it’s because she has bigger lungs, because she has a thinner hip, so she can jump higher. Again, with all the respect, but based on what I read, I don’t agree”. It was basically that. If someone who speaks Portuguese here and has a better English than me, wants to add or correct something, no problem.

• I don't know why players and spectators think they can express their opinion on whether Tiffany SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be allowed to play. There are people, scientists, doctors, whose JOB is to decide that.. It doesn't matter how many times she says 'with all respect' to me this is disrespectful.. It's disrespectful to the scientists who work on that subject, to Tiffany, to any transgender athlete, and person..

• No Tifanny will NEVER be the girl, She was the man and She CAN'T change that. What if Anderson, Wilfred Leon, Zaytsev or any other top man player decided to become women ?? I know it sound stupid but it is the same. They will never be the same as other girls. It is called NATURE. It doesn't matter how much doctors can help them to become girl, they will never be 100% women.

I support Tifanny to become a women but I don't agree that She can play with other girls.

• No Tifanny will NEVER be the girl, She was the man and She CAN'T change that. What if Anderson, Wilfred Leon, Zaytsev or any other top man player decided to become women ?? I know it sound stupid but it is the same. They will never be the same as other girls. It is called NATURE. It doesn't matter how much doctors can help them to become girl, they will never be 100% women.

I support Tifanny to become a women but I don't agree that She can play with other girls.

How rude is this comment? This kind of comments wouldn’t be allowed.

Because of your stupid Fabris comments I thought you were a joke but after this you shouldn’t be allowed to comment even

• How rude is this comment? This kind of comments wouldn’t be allowed.

Because of your stupid Fabris comments I thought you were a joke but after this you shouldn’t be allowed to comment even

The mods have already looked past racism and people calling Japanese women "Ugly Japs", this should be easy to dismiss. :whistle:

• I don't know why players and spectators think they can express their opinion on whether Tiffany SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be allowed to play. There are people, scientists, doctors, whose JOB is to decide that.. It doesn't matter how many times she says 'with all respect' to me this is disrespectful.. It's disrespectful to the scientists who work on that subject, to Tiffany, to any transgender athlete, and person..

I don’t think it’s disrespectful at all (in the way Tandara said, not as comments like the one from Fabris’ fan). There are doctors who are in favour of Tifanny playing, just like there are doctors that don’t agree with that. For now, there’s definitely not a “completely right” side, just like there isn’t a “completely wrong”. And who is playing against Tifanny are the players, not the doctors, not the scientists, so I think they don’t should, but they must express their opinion, specially when CBV didn’t take a position, just said that they will take what IOC decides, when it’s pretty clear that no one is absolutely sure of anything. So, I think players should take a position, and CBV should study it with it’s own doctors and scientists, and have some opinion, because it’s happening in their league and with their players (including Tifanny, of course, who deserves to be looked by her confederation, not be left to IOC and “whatever they decide”). But for now, the laws are clear, she is able to play, and people who don’t agree should be mad with IOC, Tifanny is just playing volleyball, and doing really well, BTW.

really? you don't think players or spectators can have an opinion? what are you, a spectator? than you shouldn't have an opinion either.

i don't think tandara said anything disrespectful. it's true that tiffany adheres to all the protocols for a TG athlete. that doesn't change the fact that spent most of her life as a male athlete and that she still retains some advantages over other female athletes.

honestly i don't see why having a discussion about this topic is considered verboten. why the censorship now?

• By the way, Tandara tied with Tifanny in yesterday's game against Minas (Osasco lost 3x2), the record for highest individual score in a Women's Superliga match (39 points), but it is Tifanny who has advantages over other players right? :wall:

• It's not a matter of OPINION. Please don't start this. USAvolleyfan, thank you very much.
    Tifanny is a WOMAN and FIVB/COI have already allowed her to play, so I don't see why people need to keep saying it's not fair or whatever. We have no right or no knowledge to discuss if it is fair or not.

Agree :obey:

• It’s the last time I talk about this because it’s really tiring. But yes, it is a matter of OPINION. Since there are many theories about this subject, since the doctors haven’t got in a consensus, OPINIONS can be made! Saying FIVB has decided, so everybody should shut up, for me, that’s what it is disrespectful. I think it’s really easy to say “players shouldn’t express their opinion” when it’s not you playing against Tifanny, and hearing and reading in many sources that has doctors and scientists who don’t agree with it or don’t know yet if it’s completely fair. I think it’s really easy to say “FIVB and IOC has already decided, so please, stop” when you just think that because their decision is compatible with your OPINION. I think Tifanny should play and I agree with IOC decision, but I think it needs more study, and saying people can’t have an opinion about it, for me, it’s ridiculous. But again, I won’t say anything more about it, I just can’t with this Tifanny case anymore.