Brazilian League 2017/2018

• Can anyone offer any insight into how seriously teams take these Paulista games? In other words, are they meaningful games or more like pre-season? Should we expect Naiane, Skowronska, Saraelen to play for Barueri tonight? And Tandara, Bia, Fabiola to play for Osasco tonight?

Relatively seriously, I would say. Naiane, Saraelen, Tandara, Bia, Fabíola, they are all playing the playoffs already. The tournament is clearly more of a preseason preparation, but teams still want the win, even if it is just to dethrone Osasco. There is another Paulista tournament that is held before (Copa São Paulo), and that one is what I would say is meaningless.

Skowronska will probably only debut next week in the Superliga.

• Paulista Tournament

SEMIFINAL - GAME 1
    Vôlei Bauru 1x3 Vôlei Neslé/Osasco video
    Bauru: Yoana Palacios (OPP) 19, Paula Pequeno (OH) & Valquíria (MB) 12, Angélica (MB) & Dayse (OH) 5, Juma (S) 1;
    Osasco: Lorenne (OPP) 16, Tandara (OH) & Bia (MB) 14, Nati Martins (MB) 13, Mari Paraíba (OH) 7, Carol Albuquerque (S) 5;

Hinode/Barueri 3x1 E.C. Pinheiros
    Barueri: Edinara (OPP) 26
    Pinheiros:
    Game 2 will hapen on 06-07/10

Mineiro Tournament

Camponesa/Minas 3x2 Dentil/Praia Clube video
    Rosamaria (OH) 28, Carol Gattaz (MB) 22

• Thanks Nobodyknows for the broadcast information for the tournament.

You're welcome.

Rio de Janeiro
    Fluminense 3X0 Universo (25:16, 25:14, 25:12)

Fluminense reached the final.

Schedule
    10.05 - 19:30 - SESC-RJ vs Fluminense - Tijuca T.C.
    10.08 - 21:00 - Fluminense vs SESC-RJ - Hebraica - (Sportv)

• Minas Championship
    Result
    Dentil/Praia Clube 3X0 Vôlei Itabirito (25:12, 25:16, 25:10) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asmzns7RsMo
    Nicole couldn't play due to a calf stress.

Schedule
    10.06 - 19:30 - Dentil/Praia Clube vs Camponesa/Minas
    Live webcast: https://www.youtube.com/user/OTEMPOonline

If Camponesa/Minas wins, they got it. If Dentil/Praia Clube wins in straight sets or in four, they are the champions. In case Praia wins in five, it's decided on points average.

Rio de Janeiro
    Result
    SESC-RJ 3X1 Fluminense (20:25, 25:20, 25:20, 25:23)

Schedule
    10.08 - 21:00 - Fluminense vs SESC-RJ (Sportv)

SESC-RJ just need a win. If Fluminense wins, it goes to the golden set.

• I've watched Praia-Minas: congratulations to Minas for the victory, but is still the beginning of the season, Superliga will be much more tough of course.

The greatest difference between the two teams were the OHs: as the Opps weren't much of an issue, Rosamaria and Pri Daroit did much a better work than Amanda and Fè Garay.. Praia needs some power frm the OHs for the future! Also Carol Gattaz played great, so mature and experienced player: she has grown a lot in the last seasons.

And Stefano Lavarini's portoguese is already so fluent :D

• Paulista Tournament

SEMIFINAL - GAME 2
    E.C. Pinheiros 2x3 Hinode/Barueri (25-14; 25-15; 25-27; 22-25; 12-15) video
    Pinheiros: Bruna (OPP) & Roberta (MB) 17, Milka (MB) & Vanessa (OH) 16, Mari Cassemiro (OH) 11, Maira (OH) 3, Ivna (OPP) & Diana (S) 2;
    Barueri: Edinara (OPP) 18, Fran (MB) & Suelle (OH) 12, Érika Coimbra (OH) & Sarah (OPP) 7, Fê Ísis (MB) & Naiane (S) 4, Saraelen (MB) 1;

Vôlei Neslé/Osasco 3x1 Vôlei Bauru (25-21; 25-22; 19-25; 25-19) video
    Osasco: Tandara (OH) 25, Bia (MB) 13, Mari Paraíba (OH) & Paula Borgo (OPP) 8, Nati Martins (MB) 7, Carol Albuquerque (S) 3, Lorenne (OPP) 2;
    Bauru: Yoana Palacios (OPP) 20, Paula Pequeno (OH) 17, Valquíria (MB) 11, Andressa Picussa (MB) 7, Dayse (OH) 6, Juma (S) 4, Angélica (MB) 2;

FINAL: Hinode/Barueri x Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco
    1st game - 10/09
    2nd game - 10/13

Mineiro Tournament

Dentil/Praia Clube 0x3 Camponesa/Minas (20-25; 14-25; 22-25) video
    Praia Clube: Walewska (MB) 11, Fernanda Garay (OH) 9, Fabiana (MB) 6, Ellen (OH) 5, Amanda & Andreia (OPP) 3, Carla (OH Natasha (MB) & Claudinha (S) 1;
    Minas: Rosamaria (OH) 19, Carol Gattaz (MB) 18, Priscila Daroit (OH) 12, Mara (MB) & Karol Tormena (OPP) 5, Macris (S) 2.

After 14 years Minas wins Mineiro Tournament!!! 2nd trophy of the season

• And Stefano Lavarini's portoguese is already so fluent

Indeed. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to Camponesa/Minas!!! :cup: One of the greatest teams in Brazil right now.

Sad news
    Rio do Sul has given up playing Superliga due to financial issues. Renata Valinhos/Country will play instead.

• Is Carol Gattaz that scorer MB ?

I didn't get your question... it says Carol Gattaz, her score and that she is a MB...so, what do you wanna know? 8|

• so why is she not in the NT ?

I'd have to ask ZRG.

Gattaz is relatively old (she's 36 now) in terms of volleyball and Brazil has plenty of great MBs available for the NT, so she just got overshadowed I guess. She's only recently been experiencing some sort of revival in her career since joining Minas in 2014 too.

• I'd have to ask ZRG.

Gattaz is relatively old (she's 36 now) in terms of volleyball and Brazil has plenty of great MBs available for the NT, so she just got overshadowed I guess. She's only recently been experiencing some sort of revival in her career since joining Minas in 2014 too.

ok.thanks.

• When will the league introduce a challenge system? Is it just me or they are just feeding on the drama for every tiny bit of the players trying to fight it out with every doubtful calls of the ref?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• When will the league introduce a challenge system? Is it just me or they are just feeding on the drama for every tiny bit of the players trying to fight it out with every doubtful calls of the ref?

Well, this happens all over the world.
    Challenge system will be used in semifinals and finals.