Brazilian League 2017/2018

• Praia 3x1 Bauru MVP: Fawcett
    Sesc 3x2 Pinheiros (tie break 15x13) MVP: Peña
    Minas 3x0 Fluminense MVP: Sonja Newcombe

• what about Peña's overall development? passing,defence attacking?

A but inconsistent. She is having her best performances in the last few matches because is playing as OPP due to Monique's injury.

• A but inconsistent. She is having her best performances in the last few matches because is playing as OPP due to Monique's injury.

Rio's job not easy this season..team-play is their strongest point yet they lack a player like Tandara,Tiffany ,Natalia(healthy) for the most important matches (at playoffs)
    is/was MB Carol Rio's player ?

• Osasco-Barueri 1-1. Very entertaining and close game! Both teams are playing well but they have some up and downs: osasco is relying only on Tandara who is getting blocked too many times, reception is a bit shaky.. Barueri is having good moments but also some black outs with too many mistakes. Lloyd and the attackers have to improve their connection, with Skowronska especially.

• I have not watched much Brazilian League this season but Barueri seem to really struggle when out of system. IMO that is the difference between having Skowronska now and having her back in her prime, or even last year before her career-threatening injury. It pains me to see Kasia struggling to make any impact ;(

• Also we need to remember she is turning 35 years old this year. We can't expect much more from her right now.

• In Italy Skowronska is considered one of the worst players in the world out of system and a serial loser/choker. I'm not surprised.

She has had some poor performances in big matches before, but she has also been a key player in winning titles for many clubs in many countries including Italy. She’s too successful a player to be dismissed as a loser.

• She has had some poor performances in big matches before, but she has also been a key player in winning titles for many clubs in many countries including Italy. She’s too successful a player to be dismissed as a loser.

Not in Italy, where she just won something with Pesaro, when the team was unplayable on the long run (Serie A1), but she always choked in Champions League (Asystel, Pesaro, Fener, Rabita)...

• How about Thaisa? I saw a few videos of her, she seemed a bit slow but that’s normal considering her big injury. I really really want to see her back to her shape

She's having a slow start, but I think she's already improving quite a bit. She was fairly good today.

• I have not watched much Brazilian League this season but Barueri seem to really struggle when out of system. IMO that is the difference between having Skowronska now and having her back in her prime, or even last year before her career-threatening injury. It pains me to see Kasia struggling to make any impact ;(

As you said, she had a career-threatening injury. Let's give her some time! And to be fair, she was playing a very good season when the injury happened ;)

• Not in Italy, where she just won something with Pesaro, when the team was unplayable on the long run (Serie A1), but she always choked in Champions League (Asystel, Pesaro, Fener, Rabita)...

:white: :whistle: Is it a joke?

• Shame is probably the most exaggerated person in the world.

• I don't quite agree on Kasia.. I've watched every broadcasted matched of Barueri and she played pretty well.. she looks like she's not in the best physical shape, doesn't junp so high, or hit so hard, but she has done everything else to score.. really smart placements, shots, tips..

Also I think QPL is referring to her being known as 'unreliable'.. yes she could score a lot, but in the most important moments she choked

• I agree with USAvolleyfan: Kasia did fairly well but due to her condition not at the top she wasn't that effective. Saying she is one of the worst players out of system is a bit too much.
    Also Suelle and Erika made crucial mistakes.. Barueri is still under construction, they have to find the best timing with Carli!

• I don't quite agree on Kasia.. I've watched every broadcasted matched of Barueri and she played pretty well.. she looks like she's not in the best physical shape, doesn't junp so high, or hit so hard, but she has done everything else to score.. really smart placements, shots, tips..

Also I think QPL is referring to her being known as 'unreliable'.. yes she could score a lot, but in the most important moments she choked

Most of my friends were in Murcia when Asystel lost the CL semifinal to Perugia. They still cry for that match were she scored all along and lost by her own the tie break, missing every single crucial kill.

Not to mention the all-star Fenerbahce who lost to Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta another CL semifinal, where Osmokrovic played her heart out and ended the match in tears. The one and only polish star that night was Glinka.