You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

7UP

Receiver

• "7UP" is male

Favourite Team: NT: Poland (Women)

Favourite Players: Gosia Glinka, Anna Werblińska

Monday, March 12th 2018, 4:09pm

I don't quite agree on Kasia.. I've watched every broadcasted matched of Barueri and she played pretty well.. she looks like she's not in the best physical shape, doesn't junp so high, or hit so hard, but she has done everything else to score.. really smart placements, shots, tips..

Also I think @Shame is referring to her being known as 'unreliable'.. yes she could score a lot, but in the most important moments she choked

Most of my friends were in Murcia when Asystel lost the CL semifinal to Perugia. They still cry for that match were she scored all along and lost by her own the tie break, missing every single crucial kill.

Not to mention the all-star Fenerbahce who lost to Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta another CL semifinal, where Osmokrovic played her heart out and ended the match in tears. The one and only polish star that night was Glinka.
The problem is- we can think of any player and find important matches they played terribly- even likes of Zhu, Larson, Kim, Glinka, Gamova or Neslihan.

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Monday, March 19th 2018, 7:25pm

Watched the last match between Barueri vs Osasco and I thought Jacque played good. What are her chances returning to Brazil NT? I think she is still better than say, Rosamaria for example. Thaisa meanwhile is slowly getting into shape. She is still slow especially in her attack, but her blocks are still there.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Monday, March 19th 2018, 7:35pm

Zé still wants Jaque in the NT, so chances are she's gonna be at the WCH this year if she wants to.

By the way, for all the Skowronska naysayers, she was great in the last match for Barueri. She was inconsolable too after the defeat. Pretty much every fan here wants her to stay another season.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Monday, March 19th 2018, 8:09pm

Zé still wants Jaque in the NT, so chances are she's gonna be at the WCH this year if she wants to.

By the way, for all the Skowronska naysayers, she was great in the last match for Barueri. She was inconsolable too after the defeat. Pretty much every fan here wants her to stay another season.
That's good if Ze still wants her to return, I think she still an asset to NT based on her recent performance. Now if only Sheilla will return to NT as well but she hasn't played for a long time now I don't think she will be in the best shape. Even Gamova retuned to NT after 'retiring', I think Sheilla should as well if she is still able to.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Monday, March 19th 2018, 8:25pm

That's good if Ze still wants her to return, I think she still an asset to NT based on her recent performance. Now if only Sheilla will return to NT as well but she hasn't played for a long time now I don't think she will be in the best shape. Even Gamova retuned to NT after 'retiring', I think Sheilla should as well if she is still able to.
I honestly don't think Sheilla has anything else to contribute to the NT. Her level has dropped so much and she hasn't played in a long time. It's time for Tandara to be a starter at least until 2020. I just wish we had a good back-up.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Monday, March 19th 2018, 8:37pm

It was me that brought up Skowronska on the last page, but I am anything but a Skowronska naysayer! I know she played well in the last match, it is just when I saw her this season she didn't look too impressive.

Kasia is one of my favourite players and I was sad to see her not at her best whether due to getting older or her injury or rustiness or whatever. I'm glad the fans appreciate her and I'm sure she can do better next season if she does stay.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 12:44am

It was me that brought up Skowronska on the last page, but I am anything but a Skowronska naysayer! I know she played well in the last match, it is just when I saw her this season she didn't look too impressive.
He wasn't talking about you, dont worry.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 2:02am

He wasn't talking about you, dont worry.

Well Kasia could score 40 points and certain posters would still criticise her :rolleyes:

guilhermessartor

Intermediate

• "guilhermessartor" is male
  • "guilhermessartor" started this thread

Favourite Team: CAMPONESA/Minas; VBC Pomì Casalmaggiore; Dínamo Kazan; Fenerbahçe; Brazil NT.

Favourite Players: Tandara (OH/OPP), Rosamaria (OPP/OH), Kristin Hildebrand (OH), Elitsa Vasileva (OH), Anastasia Guerra (OH), Sarah Pavan (OPP), Jaqueline (OH), Katarzyna Skowronska (OPP), Piccinini (OH), Paula Pequeno (OH).

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 4:16am

QUARTERFINALS

Round 1

09/03/2018
Vôlei Bauru 1x3 Dentil/Praia Clube video
Bauru: Tifanny (OPP) 24, Yoana Palacio (OH) 18 -5 aces-, Andressa (MB) 9;
Praia Clube: Fawcett (OPP) 17, Fê Garay (OH) & Fabiana (MB) 14;
MVP: Nicole Fawcett (OPP)

E.C. Pinheiros 2x3 SESC-RJ video
Pinheiros: Bruna (OPP) 25, Lana Conceição (OH) 16, Mari Cassemiro (OH) 14;
Rio de Janeiro: Peña Isabel (OPP) 28, Gabi (OH) 20, Drussyla (OH) 16;
MVP: Yonkaira Peña Isabel (OPP)

Fluminense F.C. 0x3 Camponesa/Minas video
Fluminense: Arianne (OPP) 20, Thaisinha (OH) 9, Lara (MB) 4;
Minas: Hooker (OPP) 16, Mara (MB) 9, Newcombe (OH) 8;
MVP: Sonja Newcombe (OH)

Vôlei Nestlé 3x1 Hinode/Barueri video
Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 30, Angela Leyva (OH) & Ninkovic (MB) 13;
Barueri: Skowronska (OPP) 15, Érika (OH) 14, Thaísa (MB) 13;
MVP Tandara (OPP)
Round 2

16/03/2018
Dentil/Praia Clube 3x0 Vôlei Bauru video
Praia Clube: Fawcett (OPP) 12, Fabiana (MB) 11, Fê Garay (OH) 10;
Bauru: Yoana Palacio (OH) 11, Andressa (MB) & Valquíria (MB) 4;
MVP: Fabiana (MB)

SESC-RJ 3x0 E.C. Pinheiros video
Rio de Janeiro: Mayhara (MB) 14, Gabi (OH) & Peña Isabel (OPP) 12;
Pinheiros: Milka (MB) 8, Bruna (OPP) & Ivna (OPP) 6;
MVP: Gabi (OH)

Camponesa/Minas 3x1 Fluminense F.C. video
Minas: Hooker (OPP) 26, Carol Gattaz (MB) 20 -75%, 5 blocks-, Mara (MB) 8 -89%-;
Fluminense: Arianne (OPP) 21, Thaisinha (OH) 16, Lara (MB) 13;
MVP: Carol Gattaz (MB)

Hinode/Barueri 1x3 Vôlei Nestlé video
Barueri: Skowronska (OPP) 23, Jaqueline (OH) 18, Francynne (MB) 8;
Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 20, Angela Leyva (OH) 14, Mari Paraíba (OH) 13;
MVP Mari Paraíba (OH)

SEMIFINALS

23/03/18 Dentil/Praia Clube x Vôlei Nestlé - Camponesa/Minas x SESC-RJ
26/03/18 Vôlei Nestlé x Dentil/Praia Clube - SESC-RJ x Camponesa/Minas
30/03/18 Dentil/Praia Clube x Vôlei Nestlé - SESC-RJ x Camponesa/Minas
02/04/18* Vôlei Nestlé x Dentil/Praia Clube - Camponesa/Minas x SESC-RJ
06/04/18* Dentil/Praia Clube x Vôlei Nestlé - SESC-RJ x Camponesa/Minas
* Only if necessary.

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 5:53pm

The stats in Osasco show that peruvian Leyva is consistently the second best scorer after Tandara. How is her performance so far? Considering her age I guess it is a good one?

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 6:09pm

We all expected more from her. There are many games in which she makes a lot of mistakes, not only in receive but also in attack

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 7:03pm

imo Leyva is not fully ready for a top Brazilian team like Osasco yet. She is prone to making consecutive erros and her nerves show quite often. It must be a good experience for her though.

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 10:13pm

thanks for the response.
I agree that the peruvian was too young and inexperienced to join a team with championship hopes like Osasco.

On the other hand, is also factual that the brazilian league has been a challenge for international players with far more experience and exposure. Many stars have gone to Brazil with high expectations only to bite the dust.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 11:00pm

We all expected more from her. There are many games in which she makes a lot of mistakes, not only in receive but also in attack

She's a decent upgrade from the serbian players that Osasco took in last year. That wasn't good. I think this time it's better.

Expectations only hurts if you expect so much instead of letting the flower grow on its own. It's not like Osasco is a champion when she came to the club. Last time they were champions of a major trophy was way back in 2014. Four years ago until this year's Brazil Cup.She's still young and inexperienced. If the wage doesn't relate to the performance I can understand your disappointment but it's just her first time in Brazil and the superliga. Lulzomar being her coach probably made some money saving space with the transfer. They got a lot of great players like Fabiola and Mari Paraiba to come back to the club so I am assuming he did some things that made it possible such a player come back from abroad.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rains_of_Castamere" (Mar 20th 2018, 11:07pm)

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 12:14am

But still Osasco has been consistently in the top 2 in Brazil, so it is expected to bring players from abroad to help them in keeping the tradition.

I guess Luizomar being coach of Peru NT helped to convince Leyva to sign with Osasco.

Like I said, Leyva has been a good addition, compared to the likes of Buijs, Bossetti, Malesevic, Bjelica, Van Hecke, etc, who with much more experience, underperfomed in Brazil to the fan's big disappointment .

Serbian Nadija Ninkovic is also doing a decent job, better than the above mentioned players.

Sidney

Master

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 12:51am

I disagree a bit on Bjelica. I think she did a great job here. No one expected too much from her considering she wasn't top NT material in the past few years (constantly getting cut from final rosters). Malesevic did her part in the backrow the same way she does on the NT. Van Hecke was a mess, so was Caterina Bosetti (some people tend to say 'oh she was too young' but I don't buy it). Osasco is one of the best teams in Brazil but hasn't been the favorite to win in many years now. The last time they failed big time was in the 13/14 season (with Malagurski and Caterina) when they didn't make it to the league's final but they were runner up in the world championship and won minor tournaments in Brazil.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 1:01am

I agree with Sidney. I think had Bjelica stayed for another season, she would've been even better. Malesevic being there was simply overkill imo - Gabiru already did the same as her and quite honestly, even better.

I like Ninkovic too, but I still don't see the point of hiring her; Nati Martins (their other MB) had a great season last year and she's still as good as ever whenever she enters the court. Sometimes I wonder if it was either just an arrangement from a deal with Volero or if Osasco's sponsor just needed another foreign name for marketing purposes. The end of the day, Osasco just makes very poor decisions when it comes to gringas.

As for Leyva, the biggest thing going against her is her inconsistency. I believe everyone assumed she was hired to split the scoring responsibility with Tandara, but so far all we've been seeing is Tandara being overloaded. I can't go in too hard on Leyva since it's her first season ever out of Peru, but it's not realistic to say she's been a good addition to the team so far.

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 2:44am

Osasco should have tandara as os, lorenne and paula as opposites playing

leyva as back up os or mari paraiba doing an amanda serve receive spike at the back row...

Sidney

Master

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 12:24pm

leyva as back up os or mari paraiba doing an amanda serve receive spike at the back row...
They tried that in the beginning of the season and it didnt work. The current formation is their best in the season.

Social bookmarks