Brazilian League 2017/2018

• Most of my friends were in Murcia when Asystel lost the CL semifinal to Perugia. They still cry for that match were she scored all along and lost by her own the tie break, missing every single crucial kill.

Not to mention the all-star Fenerbahce who lost to Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta another CL semifinal, where Osmokrovic played her heart out and ended the match in tears. The one and only polish star that night was Glinka.

The problem is- we can think of any player and find important matches they played terribly- even likes of Zhu, Larson, Kim, Glinka, Gamova or Neslihan.

• Watched the last match between Barueri vs Osasco and I thought Jacque played good. What are her chances returning to Brazil NT? I think she is still better than say, Rosamaria for example. Thaisa meanwhile is slowly getting into shape. She is still slow especially in her attack, but her blocks are still there.

• Zé still wants Jaque in the NT, so chances are she's gonna be at the WCH this year if she wants to.

By the way, for all the Skowronska naysayers, she was great in the last match for Barueri. She was inconsolable too after the defeat. Pretty much every fan here wants her to stay another season.

• Zé still wants Jaque in the NT, so chances are she's gonna be at the WCH this year if she wants to.

By the way, for all the Skowronska naysayers, she was great in the last match for Barueri. She was inconsolable too after the defeat. Pretty much every fan here wants her to stay another season.

That's good if Ze still wants her to return, I think she still an asset to NT based on her recent performance. Now if only Sheilla will return to NT as well but she hasn't played for a long time now I don't think she will be in the best shape. Even Gamova retuned to NT after 'retiring', I think Sheilla should as well if she is still able to.

• That's good if Ze still wants her to return, I think she still an asset to NT based on her recent performance. Now if only Sheilla will return to NT as well but she hasn't played for a long time now I don't think she will be in the best shape. Even Gamova retuned to NT after 'retiring', I think Sheilla should as well if she is still able to.

I honestly don't think Sheilla has anything else to contribute to the NT. Her level has dropped so much and she hasn't played in a long time. It's time for Tandara to be a starter at least until 2020. I just wish we had a good back-up.

• By the way, for all the Skowronska naysayers, she was great in the last match for Barueri. She was inconsolable too after the defeat. Pretty much every fan here wants her to stay another season.

It was me that brought up Skowronska on the last page, but I am anything but a Skowronska naysayer! I know she played well in the last match, it is just when I saw her this season she didn't look too impressive.

Kasia is one of my favourite players and I was sad to see her not at her best whether due to getting older or her injury or rustiness or whatever. I'm glad the fans appreciate her and I'm sure she can do better next season if she does stay.

• It was me that brought up Skowronska on the last page, but I am anything but a Skowronska naysayer! I know she played well in the last match, it is just when I saw her this season she didn't look too impressive.

He wasn't talking about you, dont worry.

• QUARTERFINALS

Round 1

09/03/2018
    Vôlei Bauru 1x3 Dentil/Praia Clube video
    Bauru: Tifanny (OPP) 24, Yoana Palacio (OH) 18 -5 aces-, Andressa (MB) 9;
    Praia Clube: Fawcett (OPP) 17, Fê Garay (OH) & Fabiana (MB) 14;
    MVP: Nicole Fawcett (OPP)

E.C. Pinheiros 2x3 SESC-RJ video
    Pinheiros: Bruna (OPP) 25, Lana Conceição (OH) 16, Mari Cassemiro (OH) 14;
    Rio de Janeiro: Peña Isabel (OPP) 28, Gabi (OH) 20, Drussyla (OH) 16;
    MVP: Yonkaira Peña Isabel (OPP)

Fluminense F.C. 0x3 Camponesa/Minas video
    Fluminense: Arianne (OPP) 20, Thaisinha (OH) 9, Lara (MB) 4;
    Minas: Hooker (OPP) 16, Mara (MB) 9, Newcombe (OH) 8;
    MVP: Sonja Newcombe (OH)

Vôlei Nestlé 3x1 Hinode/Barueri video
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 30, Angela Leyva (OH) & Ninkovic (MB) 13;
    Barueri: Skowronska (OPP) 15, Érika (OH) 14, Thaísa (MB) 13;
    MVP Tandara (OPP)

Round 2

16/03/2018
    Dentil/Praia Clube 3x0 Vôlei Bauru video
    Praia Clube: Fawcett (OPP) 12, Fabiana (MB) 11, Fê Garay (OH) 10;
    Bauru: Yoana Palacio (OH) 11, Andressa (MB) & Valquíria (MB) 4;
    MVP: Fabiana (MB)

SESC-RJ 3x0 E.C. Pinheiros video
    Rio de Janeiro: Mayhara (MB) 14, Gabi (OH) & Peña Isabel (OPP) 12;
    Pinheiros: Milka (MB) 8, Bruna (OPP) & Ivna (OPP) 6;
    MVP: Gabi (OH)

Camponesa/Minas 3x1 Fluminense F.C. video
    Minas: Hooker (OPP) 26, Carol Gattaz (MB) 20 -75%, 5 blocks-, Mara (MB) 8 -89%-;
    Fluminense: Arianne (OPP) 21, Thaisinha (OH) 16, Lara (MB) 13;
    MVP: Carol Gattaz (MB)

Hinode/Barueri 1x3 Vôlei Nestlé video
    Barueri: Skowronska (OPP) 23, Jaqueline (OH) 18, Francynne (MB) 8;
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 20, Angela Leyva (OH) 14, Mari Paraíba (OH) 13;
    MVP Mari Paraíba (OH)

SEMIFINALS

23/03/18 Dentil/Praia Clube x Vôlei Nestlé - Camponesa/Minas x SESC-RJ
    26/03/18 Vôlei Nestlé x Dentil/Praia Clube - SESC-RJ x Camponesa/Minas
    30/03/18 Dentil/Praia Clube x Vôlei Nestlé - SESC-RJ x Camponesa/Minas
    02/04/18* Vôlei Nestlé x Dentil/Praia Clube - Camponesa/Minas x SESC-RJ
    06/04/18* Dentil/Praia Clube x Vôlei Nestlé - SESC-RJ x Camponesa/Minas
    * Only if necessary.

• We all expected more from her. There are many games in which she makes a lot of mistakes, not only in receive but also in attack

• imo Leyva is not fully ready for a top Brazilian team like Osasco yet. She is prone to making consecutive erros and her nerves show quite often. It must be a good experience for her though.

• thanks for the response.
    I agree that the peruvian was too young and inexperienced to join a team with championship hopes like Osasco.

On the other hand, is also factual that the brazilian league has been a challenge for international players with far more experience and exposure. Many stars have gone to Brazil with high expectations only to bite the dust.

• We all expected more from her. There are many games in which she makes a lot of mistakes, not only in receive but also in attack

She's a decent upgrade from the serbian players that Osasco took in last year. That wasn't good. I think this time it's better.

Expectations only hurts if you expect so much instead of letting the flower grow on its own. It's not like Osasco is a champion when she came to the club. Last time they were champions of a major trophy was way back in 2014. Four years ago until this year's Brazil Cup.She's still young and inexperienced. If the wage doesn't relate to the performance I can understand your disappointment but it's just her first time in Brazil and the superliga. Lulzomar being her coach probably made some money saving space with the transfer. They got a lot of great players like Fabiola and Mari Paraiba to come back to the club so I am assuming he did some things that made it possible such a player come back from abroad.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• But still Osasco has been consistently in the top 2 in Brazil, so it is expected to bring players from abroad to help them in keeping the tradition.

I guess Luizomar being coach of Peru NT helped to convince Leyva to sign with Osasco.

Like I said, Leyva has been a good addition, compared to the likes of Buijs, Bossetti, Malesevic, Bjelica, Van Hecke, etc, who with much more experience, underperfomed in Brazil to the fan's big disappointment .

Serbian Nadija Ninkovic is also doing a decent job, better than the above mentioned players.

• I disagree a bit on Bjelica. I think she did a great job here. No one expected too much from her considering she wasn't top NT material in the past few years (constantly getting cut from final rosters). Malesevic did her part in the backrow the same way she does on the NT. Van Hecke was a mess, so was Caterina Bosetti (some people tend to say 'oh she was too young' but I don't buy it). Osasco is one of the best teams in Brazil but hasn't been the favorite to win in many years now. The last time they failed big time was in the 13/14 season (with Malagurski and Caterina) when they didn't make it to the league's final but they were runner up in the world championship and won minor tournaments in Brazil.

• I agree with Sidney. I think had Bjelica stayed for another season, she would've been even better. Malesevic being there was simply overkill imo - Gabiru already did the same as her and quite honestly, even better.

I like Ninkovic too, but I still don't see the point of hiring her; Nati Martins (their other MB) had a great season last year and she's still as good as ever whenever she enters the court. Sometimes I wonder if it was either just an arrangement from a deal with Volero or if Osasco's sponsor just needed another foreign name for marketing purposes. The end of the day, Osasco just makes very poor decisions when it comes to gringas.

As for Leyva, the biggest thing going against her is her inconsistency. I believe everyone assumed she was hired to split the scoring responsibility with Tandara, but so far all we've been seeing is Tandara being overloaded. I can't go in too hard on Leyva since it's her first season ever out of Peru, but it's not realistic to say she's been a good addition to the team so far.

• leyva as back up os or mari paraiba doing an amanda serve receive spike at the back row...

They tried that in the beginning of the season and it didnt work. The current formation is their best in the season.