Brazilian League 2017/2018

• but i still love this tandem! Hehehe

They have beaten their opponents to 3-1!!!
    Haiiii its really bad to have paula she is really isnt functioning as she shoud be.. as for lorenne she is the second opposite!

I like her. Very calm and her spikes are all over

• Fabiana is still an absolute beast in block and attack when it matters most. Her performance at the end of that TB was inspiring :obey:

• I only got to watch the first 3 sets of Minas - Rio.. I'm now seeing the replay, and I can't believe they let their 24-20 lead go, they wasted 4 match points and then lost in the 5th set.. I can't find the stats but Hooker was great, she was so pumped.. I hope they win the next

• I thought both Americans, Hooker and Newcombe were good. Hooker in attack and Newcombe in Serve, Pass, and defense. They needed a little more help from their Brazilian team mates. I felt Rosamaria, Pri Daroit, and Macris were not great. Macris sets too inconsistant and too many first balls to Hooker.

Gabi had a rough match but Rio was better in tough moments. I think Roberta was the big difference. She is way better than Macris.

I hope this series goes to 5 matches. Very entertaining!

• I like the way claudinha distributes sets to her middles walewska 17 ancd fabiana 21 when fe garay and fawcett have been received well by the osasco’s libero. Camilla brait entered and all of garay’s and fawcett’s spikes were defended..

• 10 years after Olympic gold, Walewska and Fabiana are still an awesome pair.

• Roberta is definitely the best Brazilian female setter right now. She is holding the team together. Everyone shines on court because her distribution of sets is just amazing. I guess being the under study of Fofao really helped her a lot.

As much as Rio has been struggling through out this season, they still step up their game when it matters most. Gabi have been having a rough match but she stepped up her game on the last 2 sets. And what' Rio have that Minas don't have is that their wing spikers - Gabi, Drussyla, and Monique - can hit the ball out of system. Minas depends on Hooker 80% of the time and we all know Hooker is a good player, but she some times choked during crucial moment.

I guess it is going to be Rio VS Praia in the final. Who knows.

• osasco lost the third spot to minas and the rest is history..

However i still count on the possibility of rio and praia in the semi finals.. this

• praia - oh garay, mb fabiana, levantadora claudinha, mb walewska, libero suelen

Rio - oposto monique, oh gabi, mb mayhara

Minas - mb carol gattaz oposto rosamaria

Osasco - libero tassia oposto tandara mb bia

Fenerbache - natalia

Nilufer - carol

Scandicci - adenizia

• Claudinha is not NT material. She has proven herself that many times. It's easy to do a good job in a team with Fernanda Garay, Fawcett, Fabiana and Wal.

• SEMIFINAL

round 1

Dentil/Praia Clube 3x2 Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco video
    Praia Clube: Fabiana (MB) 21 -7 blocks-, Fê Garay (OH) 19, Walewska (MB) 17 -76%-;
    Osasco: Tandara (OPP) 24 -5 blocks-, Angela Leyva (OH) 18, Bia (MB) 10;
    MVP: Fê Garay (OH)

Camponesa Minas 2x3 SESC-RJ video
    Minas: Destinee Hooker (OPP) 32, Rosamaria (OH) 11, Sonja Newcombe (OH) 8;
    Rio de Janeiro: Monique (OPP), Drussyla (OH) & Mayhara (MB) 18;
    MVP: Monique (OPP)

• 1-0 for Osasco

Praia has problems in reception...Fawcett cant kill a ball...

2-0. Massive passing collapse. Claudinha wasted many chances with bad setting. With Ananda they played better, but she had some bad connections too.

• Praia Clube is back. 2-1. Ananda was starter and Osasco had almost no chance during the whole set. Praia is quite impressive considering their passing is terrible and Fe Garay and Fawcett are forced to play the whole time out of system. Whenever the pass is perfect (always when it comes from Suelen) Ananda feeds her middles.

Carol Albuquerque at the age of 40 is simply marvelous. Osasco relies a lot on Tandara, Mari Paraiba and Bia. Angela Leyva nothing special.