Brazilian League 2017/2018

• ok.thanks.

She played in the NT from 2003 to 2010 but always as a back up for Fabiana/Walewska/Thaísa.
    She was cut two times from the final Olympics roster (2004 and 2008 ), but had a short comeback in 2013, when Brazil had 3 MBs injuried.

• Garay hasn't played a full season in over a year, plus she just got married, so she needs time. The season hasn't even properly started yet to make any assumptions. I have confidence she can be just as good as before.

• Garay hasn't played a full season in over a year, plus she just got married, so she needs time. The season hasn't even properly started yet to make any assumptions. I have confidence she can be just as good as before.

maybe..
    for this match (3-0 for Minas) : she doesnt seem to have happened a factor for her team like Rosamaria for Minas

btw..i have special sympathy for MB Walevska from Despar Perugia days :D ..i have noticed it continues

• maybe..
    for this match (3-0 for Minas) : she doesnt seem to have happened a factor for her team like Rosamaria for Minas

Rosamaria is coming off a big season with the NT and is probably in much better shape and game rhythm than Garay. We'll have to see once Superliga kicks off.

• maybe..
    for this match : she doesnt seem to have happened a factor for her team like Rosamaria for Minas

Rosamaria spend the whole summer playing, which means she`s on top of her game. Garay played in CHina and the season was over way early in the year and she took the summer off. Garay is out of shape/rhythm for now, but as the season goes on she will get back to her form.

That`s why when a lot of people keeps saying the volleyball schedule is too busy with so many worthless tournaments, I always remind everyone, a athlete must play throughout the whole year, they just can`t take months off, do nothing or just keep practicing, if they do that they go out of shape and out of rhythm.

Some people thinks the GP is so worthless, but if let`s say if they would be playing only 1 major tournament in the year such as OG, WCH...well the level would not be that great in these tournaments, because the club season is over around May, and the OG and WCH is around August/September. If a athlete goes 4 months without playing and just keeps practicing, they go out of shape and rhythm.

I`m glad you are watching the Brazilian League, this season should be very interesting as a lot of players are fighting for a spot in the NT.

• Rosamaria is coming off a big season with the NT and is probably in much better shape and game rhythm than Garay. We'll have to see once Superliga kicks off.

is this full roster of Praia team? or are there some misssing players out there ?
    first impression they didnt seem to be team to fight for the title..am i wrong ?
    just first impression..sure they could be better and better in the upcoming days

• ^ They're missing Nicole Fawcett, who got injured. Other than that, that's their squad.
    It's stronger on paper with the additions of Garay, Suelen and Fawcett, but Praia always chokes when it counts...

• thanks to some brazilian users links, i can watch ...id like to watch some important matches out there..rexona,osasco etc..

• ^ They're missing Nicole Fawcett, who got injured. Other than that, that's their squad.
    It's stronger on paper with the additions of Garay, Suelen and Fawcett, but Praia always chokes when it counts...

its unlucky of Fawcett!
    what about Fabina Claudinho ? could she and Walevsa rock as the MBs of this team?

• its unlucky of Fawcett!
    what about Fabina Claudinho ? could she and Walevsa rock as the MBs of this team?

I will always post links whenever I have ( and Im user other users will be doing the same). Too bad that only 2 or 3 games per round are on TV, but the big ones like Rexona vs Osasco we will have that for sure and he will post it. :thumbsup:

Fabiana and Wal still can play, but their level dropped a lot, Carol Gataz for example has been playing much better. Wallweuska announced this is her last season as she will retire after the season is over. But we will see, they gotta step up their game.

• Carioca Tournament

Fluminense F.C. 1x3 SESC/Rio de Janeiro (17-25; 21-25; 26-24; 22-25) video
    Fluminense: Thaisinha (OH) 22, Letícia Hage (MB) 14 -7 blocks-, Lara (MB) & Clarisse (OH) 11, Ariane (OPP) 5, Renatinha (OPP) & Michelle (OH) 2, Giovana (S) 1;
    Rio de Janeiro: Drussyla (OH) 20, Monique (OPP) 13, Mayhara (MB) 11, Gabiru (OH) 10, Roberta (S) 8 -4 aces-, Juciely (MB) 5, Vivian (MB) 2.
    Rio de Janeiros wins title.

• Walewska is a classic MB from the 90s. She started playing professionally in 1997 when MBs still played in the background. She was called to the NT just one year after that
    She is a great example of how age might mean nothing (Juciely also). Brazil has had good MBs througout the past years, but Walewska could have easily played in the NT for many more years. It was her decision to leave after 2008.

• About Fabiana, her level has dropped a lot since the last WCH in 2014. I don't think she can be a key player for Praia this year. I think she is tired and lost much of her fire...

• Walewska is a classic MB from the 90s. She started playing professionally in 1997 when MBs still played in the background. She was called to the NT just one year after that
    She is a great example of how age might mean nothing (Juciely also). Brazil has had good MBs througout the past years, but Walewska could have easily played in the NT for many more years. It was her decision to leave after 2008.

Walewska Moreira de Oliveira! :love:

• Valeskinha and Liu Yanan come to mind for such MBs.

Why did Walewska leave in 2008?

Walewska is a classic MB from the 90s. She started playing professionally in 1997 when MBs still played in the background. She was called to the NT just one year after that

• I was watching the Pinheiros VS Barueri and I was shookt because I thought Mari and Coach Ze made up and she is now playing with Barueri. It turned out that it was Edinara. That girl truly is the second coming of Mari. The way she approach and hit the ball is truly reminiscing of the glorious days of Mari.

• Paulista Tournament - Final - Game 1

Hinode/Barueri 0x3 Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco (21-25; 18-25; 16-25) video
    Barueri: Edinara (OPP) 19, Érika Coimbra (OH) 7, Francynne (MB) 6, Suelle (OH) 4, Fê Ísis (MB) 3, Ana Crisina (S) 2, Sarah (OPP) 1;
    Osasco: Paula Borgo (OPP) 16, Bia (MB) & Tandara (OH) 13, Nati Martins (MB) 9, Mari Paraíba (OH) 5, Carol Albuquerque (S) 2.