Brazilian League 2017/2018

• What a successful season for all the top 4 clubs in Brazil.

Supercup- SESC RJ
    Brazilian Cup- Osasco
    South American Club Championship- Minas

and

Praia- Superliga Feminina de Volei champions.

:obey:

Congratulations to everyone for this incredible year!!! :super:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Fabi looks so distraught. ;(

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Best server: Bruna Honorio
    Best spiker: Tandara
    Best blocker: Bia
    Best receiver: Fabi
    Best digger: Suelen
    Best setter: Roberta
    MVP of the final: Claudinha :rolll:
    Best scorer: Tandara

• Tandara was also MVP of the league. It's been a few years since they hadn't give this award. Glad it's back.

• Congratulations to Praia!!!!
    It's good for the league that there is a new champion but I'm really sad for Fabi.
    Sesc still did a good job this season considering 3 of their players had surgeries and are not 100% yet.

• I wasn't sure about the third award for Tandara. My portuguese is good, but I wasn't sure.

Is that Regular season MVP?

No, it is MVP of the entire league. It's weird that it's not going to a player from the champion team, but she deserved it.
    I would personally give to Fe Garay.

• Maybe the Finals MVP could have been given to Garay but Tandara has really been the most dominant player in the league so she definitely deserves it.

• This season was very balanced. 4 big teams and each won a trophy.

Brazil Cup: Sesc
    SuperCup: Osasco
    South A. Championship: Minas
    SuperLiga: Praia Clube

And next season not only these 4 will be tittle contenders ( assuming Osasco finds a sponsor) ...plus Barueri and Sesi/Bauru will be stronger, Fuminense will have Joycinha.

Would be nice if Ze Roberto could convince some top players to go play for him like Kim or Mihajlovic ( or both of them). And once Carol and Anne are still together....Anne should go back as well and she could easily find a club.

And yeah Fe Garay should have been MVP.... Tandara was awesome but I doubt Praia Club would have won without Fe Garay.

• i totally forgot the second match and golden set ! (ill watch the replay)

congrats to Praia!

Libero Fabiana de Oliveira will be missed for sure :)

i watched the replay ( second part of the sets and whole golden set).i think Praia's setter did better than Roberta.This Sesc team should be weaker than the former ones

btw..if the final were one match Sesc Rio would have won championship again

its good that Praia won it!

• FINAL (2nd game & golden set)

Dentil/Praia Clube 3x0 SESC-RJ
    Golden set: Dentil/Praia Clube 25x18 SESC-RJ
    Praia Clube: Fê Garay (OH) 21, Nicole Fawcett (OPP) 19, Fabiana (MB) 14;
    Rio de Janeiro: Drussyla (OH) 15, Monique (OPP) & Mayhara (MB) 12;
    MVP: Claudinha (S)
    stats video

• Congrats Praia!
    Claudinha was very good in the final(clumsy sometimes but ok :D ) and Amanda because was the target in the reception and she did very good job
    i didn't believe that Praia will win SESC with 4 sets in a row
    Congrats again!

• Congratulations to Praia, I'm so happy for them. Most of the players never won the league before, so it has been a great accomplishment for all of them. It must be hard for Rio to lose 4-0, I really thought they would win the title again.

And of course, obrigado Fabi! :rose: