Brazilian League 2017/2018

• Just a small correction: the league already started last Sunday with Fluminense 3x0 Brasília. Thaisinha was the best scorer with 27 points and was named the MVP.

• Just a small correction: the league already started last Sunday with Fluminense 3x0 Brasília. Thaisinha was the best scorer with 27 points and was named the MVP.

Yes, you are right. My bad sorry.

I really like Thaisinha, \I can`t even imagine if she was at least 1.80cm.

• 1st ROUND

stats
    15/10/2017
    Fluminense F.C. 3x0 BRB/Brasília Vôlei
    Fluminense: Thaisinha (OH) 27 -6 aces-, Michelle (OH) 9, Renatinha (OPP) & Hage (MB) 8;
    Brasília: Aline (MB) 7, Malu (OPP) 6, Priscila (OH) 5;
    MVP: Thaisinha (OH)

17/10/2017
    E.C. Pinheiros 3x1 Vôlei Bauru
    Pinheiros: Bruna Honório (OPP) 20, Milka (MB) & Vanessa (OH) 10;
    Bauru: Yoana Palácios 15, Valquíria (MB) & Paula Pequeno (OH) 11;
    MVP: Vanessa Janke (OH)

Hinode/Barueri 1x3 Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco
    Barueri: Edinara (OPP) 19, Saraelen (MB) 13, Érika Coimbra (OH) 10;
    Osasco: Tandara (OH) 20, Bia (MB) 11, Fabíola (S) 10;
    MVP: Tandara (OH)

Camponesa/Minas 0x3 São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano :white:
    Minas: Mara (MB) 14, Rosamaria (OH) 10, Priscila Daroit (OH) 8;
    São Caetano: Sabrina (OPP) 13, Fernanda Tomé (OH) & Sonaly (OH) 10;
    MVP: Fernanda Tomé (OH)

Renata Valinhos/Country 0x3 Dentil/Praia Clube
    Valinhos: Nayara (OH) 13, Paula Mohr (OH) & Mari Capovilla (OPP) 9;
    Praia Clube: Amanda (OH) 14, Carla (OPP) & Fernanda Garay (OH) 13;
    MVP: Amanda (OH)

SESI-SP 0x3 SESC-RJ video
    SESI-SP: Nikolle Del Rio (OH) 6, Raquel Loff (MB) 5, Neneca (OPP) 4;
    Rio de Janeiro: Monique (OPP) 17, Drussyla (OH) 14, Gabiru (OH) 10;
    MVP: Monique (OPP)

• When I checked the score of Minas vs Sao Caetano, I could not believe, I was thinking something was wrong :white: I can`t believe they lost for Sao Caetano after destroying Praia Clube and almost beating Sesc-RJ.

Barueri vs Osasco was a close game, and when Kasia and Jaque starts playing they will be even stronger.

I`m surprised that Bauru lost for Pinheiros as well, I want to see the score sheet to find out what happened.

Well, I guess this season will be even better than what I expected.

• Barueri put up a really good fight against Rexona. I didn't watch the whole match but having Jaque on court seems to fire them up a little bit. But kudos to Sesc, having fighting till the very end of the point. They were neck to neck til 12 all in the 5th set.

Sesc is a better team imo. They didnt crack under pressure and coming back from 2 sets down to eventually winning the match is always a great comeback story.

Roberta is definitely one of the best new generation setters out there. From the great Venturrini, to legendary Fofao, to Dani Lins (in her good days) and now Roberta, Brazil has never failed to produce high quality setters.

And poor Gabi. I hope her injury is not severe. Now both of the Gabis are out -- both of whom are great receivers and attackers and defenders, Sesc is in a bit of a trouble. And that was a nice gesture from Coach Ze towards Gabi kissing her forehead.

• 2nd ROUND

10/20/17 stats
    Vôlei Bauru 1x3 Fluminense F.C. vídeo
    Bauru: Valquíria (MB) 13, Helô (OPP) & Paula Pequeno (OH) 11;
    Fluminense: Renatinha (OPP) 22, Thaisinha (OH) 14, Lara Nobre (MB) 13;
    MVP: Juma (S)

Dentil/Praia Clube 3x0 São Cristóvão Saúde/São Caetano
    Praia Clube: Fabiana (MB) 12 -5 blocks-, Amanda (OH) 12, Fernanda Garay (OH) 11;
    São Caetano: Sonaly (OH) 12, Fernanda Tomé (OH) 7, Mimi Sosa (MB) 6;
    MVP: Claudinha (S)

Vôlei Nestlé/Osasco 3x2 Renata Valinhos/Country :white:
    Osasco: Tandara (OH) 27, Bia (MB) 21 -7 blocks-, Paula (OPP) 21, Ninkovic (MB) 15 -80%-;
    Valinhos: Vivian (MB) 20 -70%-, Natasha (OH) 11, Paula Mohr (OH) 10;
    MVP: Paula Borgo (OPP)

SESC-RJ 3x2 Hinode/Barueri vídeo
    Rio de Janeiro: Drussyla (OH) 27, Mayhara (MB) 21 -70%-, Gabiru (OH) 16;
    Barueri: Edinara (OPP) 21, Suelle (OH) 14, Fê Ísis (MB) 12 -5 blocks-;
    MVP: Drussyla (OH)
    Edinara had a minor injury on 4th set, but she back in court on tie break. Sadly Gabiru had an ACL on left knee during tie break, Rio de Janeiro now lost his two Gabi's. ;(

10/21/17
    Camponesa/Minas 2x3 E.C. Pinheiros video
    Minas: Rosamaria (OH) 23, Carol Gattaz (MB) 15, Karol Tormena (OPP) 11;
    Pinheiros: Milka (MB) 17, Bruna Honório (OPP) & Vanessa Janke (OH) 15;
    MVP: Bruninha (S)

BRB/Brasília Vôlei 3x2 SESI-SP
    Brasília:
    SESI:
    MVP: Isabela Paquiardi (OH)

• And Gabi will be back in at least 6 to 8 months. I'm so sad for her. She is a such a fighter.

• I feel horrible for Gabi but this is why Ze wants her as a libero. That is her only chance to become a part of the seleção and now this is what happens when she goes back to being a hitter. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I feel horrible for Gabi but this is why Ze wants her as a libero.

I tried a lot but I didn't understand what is the relation between the injury and Zé Roberto wanting her to be a libero

• I tried a lot but I didn't understand what is the relation between the injury and Zé Roberto wanting her to be a libero

I tried a lot but I didn't understand what is the relation between the injury and Zé Roberto wanting her to be a libero

Not sure if you need basic physics for this but jumping can lead to an increased risk to injuries.

Obviously... Gabi is not that tall...she also looks a little plump for a volleyball player for her height range(I can just imagine the force involve when she hits the ground and it also doesnt look like those are muscles on the right places) so she has to exert more on the jumping and compensate on speed so she can bridge the gap between her height and the blocker. Risk, Speed and Jumping mixed with competition. "What could go wrong?" as they say.

She's a good passer but she just has no future as a hitter. That's what I'm saying anyway. Sometimes you just have to be realistic about your chances and maybe she really likes playing the role but it's just not for her.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Oh and I actually love her. I just hope whatever she decides later on her life after she recovered... she will never regret it. Hard to find players who actually have the dedication she has especially comparing to those tall players who rely too much on their height and not with their brain or prefers to attack than to defend. We have a lot of players like that and I'm like... no... all the time. That is not how women's volleyball is played... :whistle:

I just think that winning the World Grand Prix as a libero is a sign that she needs to change career. lol :heart:

#FreeBritney

• Terrible images are the ones I saw about Gabi's injury. I wish her a quick recover, hoping to see her back on court. I always appreciated her for her passion and her effort!